Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Station Imaging

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 298 ✭✭Cookie Policy

Chris 80 wrote: »
    Woah! Did I hit a nerve there? I know it's an imaging thread, but when people continuously plug one particular station, you do wonder......

Wonder what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Woah! Did I hit a nerve there? I know it's an imaging thread, but when people continuously plug one particular station, you do wonder......
    I've no affiliation too iRadio.never have.cant even listen too them (on fm) in the county I'm in.ive made lots of references too today fm in previous posts.please stop trying too make an issue when there is none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Chris 80

Wonder what?

Eh....Are people plugging their own stuff? Also, as an aside. If people get all their elements from the UK and use them as part of their imaging, how can they take credit for the imaging? It's not like they went into studio and recorded the stuff from scratch.......

Eh....Are people plugging their own stuff? Also, as an aside. If people get all their elements from the UK and use them as part of their imaging, how can they take credit for the imaging? It's not like they went into studio and recorded the stuff from scratch.......

I'd imagine they could be some elements of that but you know you have that everywhere! Not starting anything just curious what examples you got of UK elements?

I'd imagine they could be some elements of that but you know you have that everywhere! Not starting anything just curious what examples you got of UK elements?

Well you're mentioning puretonic...Are they not the UK? Or the US?

• Advertisement

Well you're mentioning puretonic...Are they not the UK? Or the US?

Puretonic is US, but I thought all that was cleared up above :)

Puretonic is US, but I thought all that was cleared up above :)

Well. showing my ignorance then. Mea culpa.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    I've affiliation too iRadio.never have.cant even listen too them (on fm) in the county I'm in.ive made lots of references too today fm in previous posts.please stop trying too make an issue when there is none.

Ha????

Well. showing my ignorance then. Mea culpa.

All good, welcome to the radio thread by the way :)

All good, welcome to the radio thread by the way :)

Thanks cookie. And just so you know where I'm coming from (cuz we never mention names), I'm passionate about how a station sounds. But I work for a local station with no budget etc., and my big gripe is having to give in to sponsors all the time and what they want/what music they want to use etc.....So it's hard to shine. :( So don't judge stations without a budget too harshly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭Pulse8

gavindowd wrote: »
    Was just searching online and found that 2fm were looking for an imaging voice/producer.

Where's this advertised?

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Pulse8 wrote: »
    Where's this advertised?

Deadline's approaching fast!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

More Music wrote: »
    Deadline's approaching fast!

Says the deadline date is the 05/10/2012? That the right one, cause we may have missed it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I quite like Ray Foley's imaging on 98 (only show I listen to on the station). Particularly like the guy with the deep voice who does most of them. "I've given up Olly Murs(can't remember who it is) for lent. [song slowly fades in] Oh crap..." :)

Don't really like Radio 1's at all. They're just not my cup of tea really.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    I quite like Ray Foley's imaging on 98 (only show I listen to on the station). Particularly like the guy with the deep voice who does most of them.

The guy with the deep voice is called Dave Foxx, an imaging legend from Z100 NY.

Here's his demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQDOUbErNg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

gavindowd wrote: »

The guy with the deep voice is called Dave Foxx, an imaging legend from Z100 NY.

Here's his demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aQDOUbErNg
    That's Olly Murs???

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

MrMac84 wrote: »
    That's Olly Murs???

"I've given up Olly Murrs for lent..." :P

Only joking....

davefoxx.com

Advertisement