Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you afraid of?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Sloths...I actually cannot stand them, not even in the slightest. They way the move, the way they look, everything... *shudders*

Also, people on fire, clowns, people in costumes, puppets, mimes, being chased, bridges, pigeons, most other birds, germs, humiliation, men, falling, escalators with no sides (recurring nightmare), the dark, being buried alive, being burnt alive, being trapped, rape, huge dogs, spiders, rusty nails or knifes, rusty anything really, zombies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Rats. I don't mind pet rats or lab rats, but other kinds like grey rats and
    especially Mexican rats, are just horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Wrists. If people start talking about them, rubbing them, holding them out, I can't stand it! I always have to cross my arms and cover my own wrists. I used to be terrified of needles, not so much any more apart from when I associate them with wrists, if I imagine needles going into my wrists I feel like I'm about to faint :o I feel slightly sick now :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Wrists. If people start talking about them, rubbing them, holding them out, I can't stand it! I always have to cross my arms and cover my own wrists. I used to be terrified of needles, not so much any more apart from when I associate them with wrists, if I imagine needles going into my wrists I feel like I'm about to faint :o I feel slightly sick now :o :P

One of my friends is like that with knees. She completely freaks out if anyone even mentions them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Are you not in Med? Could be a problem when feeling the pulse, maybe:p

I am afraid of:dying alone, living a boring life, living an ordinary life, not traveling to all the places I want to. Fairly out there things but I don't have anything that would affect me daily really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

theowen wrote: »
    Are you not in Med? Could be a problem when feeling the pulse, maybe:p

Yes, yes I am :p Na, I forced myself to get over the whole needles/injections thing and I don't mind feeling other peoples pulse, still dodge about my own though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

No radial pulses for you then. :P (Damnit, theowen beat me to it...)

Umm, I think I've posted here ages ago. I guess a year later I'm not so much afraid of heights, having to climb ladders to get up to stock stacked up at work got me over it, I still wouldn't exactly comfortable dangling from a rooftop or anything though.

I hate when the water goes out for a while and you have to turn on the taps. No matter how much I brace myself for the burst of dirty water when you first turn on the tap, it ALWAYS frightens the shít outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

F*cking up when I'm on a night out...

Like, If I've a criminal record I can't be a teacher. What if I'm out some night and I do something stupid coz I've had too much to drink??

Happened a guy a year ahead of me recently in Woodwork...was caught by the Shades on the roof af a car and got hauled in. Now there's a chance he could be thrown out of his course....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I'm afraid the general population will never be cool enough to allow man to explore space to his fullest potential.

By which I mean I'm afraid we won't have any cool space colonies because everybody wants immediate results. In fairness lads, space colonies would be fecking great.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

I am terrified of bananas - I can't even be in the room with one. People seem to think it's a hilarious phobia though :S

There's a picture of me on my friend's facebook recoiling from a banana in school. It was 'liked' beyond belief - people can be cruel sometimes :p

• Advertisement

I am terrified of bananas - I can't even be in the room with one. People seem to think it's a hilarious phobia though :S

There's a picture of me on my friend's facebook recoiling from a banana in school. It was 'liked' beyond belief - people can be cruel sometimes :p

The smell turns my stomach!! =/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    The smell turns my stomach!! =/

I know!! A guy 4 seats to the left of me in Th L in UCD started eating a banana during a lecture, the smell nearly made me get sick! Who the fcuk eats bananas during a lecture!?

Strangely my twin brother loves bananas, and takes pleasure in eating banana sandwiches (*gags*) near me. :(

Who the fcuk eats bananas during a lecture!?

I've seen weirder now tbh! Rolls, pot noodles...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I don't have any of the normal fears; death, mice, spiders all fine by me.

I am afraid of pain though but I think that's a pretty practical fear.

I'm terrified that I wont enjoy my life because I'll be too busy doing the things that are "normal". Like now, for example, I know going to college will be good in the long run but I want to be out...I dunno, making my own life.

I'm also scarred of being alone forever.

And Cows. Cows are fúcking terrifying.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I'm scared of being sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I've a pretty bad phobia of injections, thankfully I don't really have to have them all that often. I'm utterly terrified of silence, it really freaks me out. If there is a period of silence in a group of people, I may look okay but inside I'm going completely crazy. When I was younger I used to think silence = I'm boring and the other person doesn't like me.

Oh, and zombies, I know they aren't real but they're still uber creepy

Two blue lines on a pregnancy test. Absolutly terrifies me.

Advertisement