Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marvel vs Capcom 3 discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Since I haven't mentioned it yet, those alternate costumes are pretty awesome. ****ing bull**** that they're DLC, but I don't expect anything else at this stage :(

X-23's X-Men Evolution one is awesome. That cartoon was where she debuted, so it's a sweet little nod.
    xmenth.jpg

Also, going back to the ****ing **** ass up there, if they really wanted a furry joke character to join the roster, why didn't they use Squirrel Girl? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭GorySnake

Rocket Raccoon and Phoenix Wright are the 2 greatest characters ever

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Well I thought Deadpool and Chris would be **** characters and now they on my main team, So I ain't counting out that little rodent yet. . . . . . . . . . . . But really Virgil, So much for Akuma/Ryu being the only "clone" characters in the game (would like to point out he has not played Devil May Cry but his opinion of it is just people doing over the top cool things for the sake of awesome)

Also yeah where the **** is Venom. Way to many heroes and not enough Villains in this game now in my honest Opinion. Like come on where is Venom/Carnage/Doc Oct/Jack Krauser/Bison/Dr Wily (Hell I would take a dinosaur from Dino Crisis) but the roster does seem one sided for Heroes.

I can only think of Wesker/Skrull/Doom/Dormammu as the Villians. (Not sure if ya count Tron Bonne, Magneto and Akuma as Villians to the storyline, YES THERE IS A STORYLINE)

And speaking of over the top cool things for the sake of awesome, Asura's Wrath isn't even out yet and I want Asura in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Well I thought Deadpool and Chris would be **** characters and now they on my main team, So I ain't counting out that little rodent yet. . . . . . . . . . . . But really Virgil, So much for Akuma/Ryu being the only "clone" characters in the game (would like to point out he has not played Devil May Cry but his opinion of it is just people doing over the top cool things for the sake of awesome)

Vergil has some serious potential to be more than just a Dante clone. They really went all out with Dante keeping him faithful to the games so I hope they do the same with Vergil.

Give me my Nelo Angelo costume. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Is... is Modok's new look a reference to Elvis, Megas, and Bruce Campbell all rolled into one?

Awesome.

Also why does Morrigan look like that creep who stole my sweet moves?
    Most likely a reference to the best mecha cartoon ever:
    http://megasxlr.wikia.com/wiki/Magnanimous

There's a stream of this going on at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events at the moment should anyone be interested. God knows when it'll stop.

http://twitter.com/#!/Floejisan

Floe has been tweeting changes he finds

Biggest change for me

YESSS PHOENIX CAN ONLY HAVE ONE ACTION PER JUMP..MEANING ONE FIREBALL THEN SHE FLOATS DOWN..wolverine slash NOT invincible AND slower

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

I'm glad the game is getting a rebalance. I'm not that excited by the new characters really. Maybe Dr.Strange.

I just hope it remains crazy broken in some other way. That's part of the fun for me.

Mags getting a speed nerf has ruined my morning though ha.

Seems Akumas tatsu hit stun reduce dramactily now. The BNB with wolverine causes them to jump out after first OTG. They do seem to be listening to main complaints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Speed Boat

They do seem to be listening to main complaints.

This is such a double edged sword with capcom!

Speed Boat wrote: »
    This is such a double edged sword with capcom!

Tell me about it. Like am still annoyed with the Sent nerf. He deserved to have that health. Nerf X-Factor. (Does not play Sent but understood his str and weakness but hates lvl 3 X-Factor Sent)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Most likely a reference to the best mecha cartoon ever:
    http://megasxlr.wikia.com/wiki/Magnanimous

I know Kiki, that's why I said it.
    Sairus wrote: »

Also, going back to the ****ing **** ass up there, if they really wanted a furry joke character to join the roster, why didn't they use Squirrel Girl? :(

Oi! This is a Doom house, we'll have no talk of that overpowered wench here!

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

The fact PW is in this is master hype. I might actually play this stupid game!

Tell me about it. Like am still annoyed with the Sent nerf. He deserved to have that health. Nerf X-Factor. (Does not play Sent but understood his str and weakness but hates lvl 3 X-Factor Sent)

Try playing Guile. I can't remember the exact number of nerfs he got but I think it was in the 20's in AE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

It should be noted that ever since DmC3 Vergil fights nothing like Dante, so if they make him a clone that's outright laziness by the devs.

When he was a boss in the first game he mirrored Dantes sword moves, but ever since they fleshed him out in 3 he's had his own sword style (using a katana with iaijutsu as opposed to swinging a huge broadsword around) and he never uses guns.

He's not above chucking magic swords around in awkward to avoid patterns though.

It should be noted that ever since DmC3 Vergil fights nothing like Dante, so if they make him a clone that's outright laziness by the devs.

When he was a boss in the first game he mirrored Dantes sword moves, but ever since they fleshed him out in 3 he's had his own sword style (using a katana with iaijutsu as opposed to swinging a huge broadsword around) and he never uses guns.

He's not above chucking magic swords around in awkward to avoid patterns though.

To be fair to them, I can't see them including him as a clone, they'd just charge as an alt costume if they wanted to do that.

Some of the changes to the game that fLoE has tweeted about:

• DHC and Exchange glitches are now gone.

• You can now X-factor in the air.

• Phoenix can only have one action per jump... meaning one fireball then she floats down.

• Characters now say something upon entering the screen when the previous character died.

• Many of the returning cast has new moves, or moves that act differently, (Ryu's Hyper Fireball now bounces off of walls, Taskmaster and Spencer are shown with new moves.)

• Ghost Rider has at least 2 special moves that OTG, and his two level one supers appear to OTG. His level 3 super is a grab where he uses the Penance stare on you.

• Strider is the first character to have two level 3 supers, (Ragnarok, and the Ouroboros.) Most of his moveset from Marvel 2 was shown. His robot animal super OTGs.

• Firebrand's level 3 appears to summon a computer controlled doppleganger firebrand to assist.

• Hawkeye's level 3 super OTGs. He fires off Antman, who hits the opponent, then grows in size and gives the opponent the biggest Monty Python boot known to man. Hawkeye has different arrows he can fire depending on the button pressed (frozen shot, poison shot, piercing shot, triple arrow, scatter shot, and net shot are shown.)

• Wolverine's Berserker Slash is not invincible and slower.

• Viewtiful Joe has the "Slow Dodge" move now. It's a special move that's super cancellable. In the Viewtiful Joe games, if you activated Slow and you got attacked, you'd dodge.

• Magneto has a new special move where he sucks you in with magnetism. Gravitation magnetizes the opponent. Repulsion pushes them away. Attraction pulls them towards you. His air-to-ground dash is slower now.

• Akuma's Hurricane Kick Assist doesn't knock down anymore, the opponent will flip out.

• Ryu can charge up his fireballs and they fly so quickly you can barely see them on screen. Charging can be done by holding down the button, like in Street Fighter X Tekken. A fully charged fireball will explode on contact, causing a wall bounce. He can also charge his Shoryuken now. Ryu can cancel his overhead with special moves now.

• Taskmaster has a new move called the Charge Sting. It impales the opponent, can combo into it. It appears that he can grab after his Charging Star move now.

• Dormammu's Flame Carpet OTG now pushes the opponent very far away. Much harder to combo from, even with an assist.

• Wolverine has a new move where he does a bunch of slices at close range, with the odd shoutout to "Swiss cheese." This attack is similar to Chun-Li's lightning legs, except it's with his claws.

• Storm has a move that pulls in the enemy and pushes them away with wind.

Sairus wrote: »
    • Wolverine has a new move where he does a bunch of slices at close range, with the odd shoutout to "Swiss cheese." This attack is similar to Chun-Li's lightning legs, except it's with his claws.

I sense some trolling coming up.

I sense some trolling coming up.

"Okay, so people seem to think Wolverine's combos are too easy and long. Lets give him lightning legs."

Capcom. You the best.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

That sounds like a nerf to me cause now when wolverine players are mashing cr. a after a blocked divekick they'll get that instead.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    That sounds like a nerf to me cause now when wolverine players are mashing cr. a after a blocked divekick they'll get that instead.

That could be good or bad depending on how comboable/ safe it is. Like, it could be used to hit confirm into a horrible combo...

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

Dunno if this is already posted..

But Ryu seems to have a power up super. In the trailer for UMvC right before Ryu bounces a shinku hadoken off the wall you can see a power up super bar ticking down right over his Hyper meter. Ryus eyes are blue too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Awh Max, no doom reaction????

Try playing Guile. I can't remember the exact number of nerfs he got but I think it was in the 20's in AE.

yeah but no one likes you anyway doom so it all good.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Awh Max, no doom reaction????

I actually have no issue with this video.

I think Max gives the information in a very clear and concise way, making sure to distinguish the facts available, from his own opinion.

That's exactly how I like my information to be presented. Top marks.

Doom's reaction will definitely come in another video, but he's probably saving that to do it justice, and to wait for when he's making a video where he actually films something.

good point but I think he was told something. he puts out that psa like a week before this. he had to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

good point but I think he was told something. he puts out that psa like a week before this. he had to know.

Well Strider was a bit of a no-brainer, people have been falling over themselves requesting him since mvc3 was announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Uhh, I don't believe that's true.

Advertisement