Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What beer are we drinking this week ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭cormacjones

DarrenG wrote: »
    Can't get enough of stout/porter at the moment. This evening I have been mostly drinking...

Youngs Double Chocolate Stout
    Belfast Black
    Fullers London Porter - my favourite of the evening

Not a big fan of the Belfast. I like the Youngs though. Haven't tried the Fullers, heard it's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Last of my Shepherd Neame Indian Pale Ale.

Nectar of the gods and even the sun shines from it. LOL :D

67E4B022-CDCA-4A22-82BE-5AC02FAAF354-9386-000007549AD8DD2FMedium.jpg

Have 2 Erdinger Snowbeers as well. It's strange how you forget what it tastes like from year to year. I said the same about Erdinger Oktoberfest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,853 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Not a big fan of the Belfast. I like the Youngs though. Haven't tried the Fullers, heard it's good.

Fuller's London Porter is the cat's pyjamas. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was in WJ Kavanaghs tonight and tried their new range of Rogue beers.

Tried the 3 that they had on draught. Brutal IPA (American IPA 5.80%), Hazelnut Brown (American Brown Ale 6.20%) & Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout (Oatmeal Stout 6.10%)

All amazing beers. Don't think I've ever had 3 new beers in a row that all tasted so great. The Hazlenut was the best of the 3

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

How much were you paying for those Bazmo ? Rogue's Yellow Snow IPA was very nice on draught when I had it in London.

• Advertisement

I think they were no more than €5.50 each. Smaller Rogue glass though, think it's 400ml? Or there or thereabouts.

They had quite a few others in bottles. I think the dearest one was something like €30 for 750ml. Definitely a sharing beer between a few. Considering how good the 3 I tried were I'd definitely be tempted to try them though.

They had the Rogue's Yellow Snow IPA in bottles. Can't remember how much though.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭ASJ112

Not bad, I have a friend who lives near WJK so will have to pay him a visit tomorrow and get him out for a few !

Have drunk the following since Friday

Epic Zythos - pretty good
    Epic Armageddon - ditto
    Tutara IPA - average, tasted like a mix of an IPA and blonde ale

The Epics were around 8.50 per 500ml. Zythos would be the only one I'd get again from a cost perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭blueshed

what part of this wonderfull island you living, check out your local Tesco as they have a decent range of stouts atm.

you could also ask your local off licence to get some beers in for you, i asked the good people in the wine well Dunboyne to try a few new beers and they got the Dungarvans and Howling gales in plus a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

O'Hara's are making a golden ale for the Bull & Castle - it's a decent enough session ale, at 3.8% and 3.95 a pint, it's good value.

Compares well to other Golden Ales, like Ór.

Good to see a craft beer coming in at the lower end of the ABV scale too

_blank_ wrote: »
    O'Hara's are making a golden ale for the Bull & Castle - it's a decent enough session ale, at 3.8% and 3.95 a pint, it's good value.

Compares well to other Golden Ales, like Ór.

Good to see a craft beer coming in at the lower end of the ABV scale too
    They've been doing it for quite a while. Nice beer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Tonight I'm supping a White Gypsy bottle of American Pale Ale.
    Hadn't had it since the Craft Beer festival and it's my first time drinking it from a bottle. Not sure if it's worth the €7.99 for the 750ml bottle, particularly when I think I've been spoilt too much by the likes of Nogne recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Just had my first Flying Dog beer. I found Doggie Style to be delicious. Very impressed. I wanna try more of their beers now.

Followed it with Brew Dogs 5AM Saint, it's a very fine beer!

Seaneh wrote: »
    Black Ops is a fantastic beer to be honest. not an every day beery but a beautiful example of what an imperial stout can be!

Wasn't expecting it to be an every day. I knew it'd be a sipper. It just seemed a little bit thin. Although when I had the second half of the bottle the next day there seemed to be a good bit of sediment that gave it a lot more body and a lot more balance too. Much nicer than my first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭SomeDose

Recently had a not-so-swift half of Magic Rock Big Top India red ale - an absolute hop monster. The subsequent sticky lips and 8% strength suggest a fair whack of malt in there somewhere but to be honest all I got was massive hop bitterness. Could do with being toned down just a tad.
    Son0vagun wrote: »
    Just had my first Flying Dog beer. I found Doggie Style to be delicious. Very impressed. I wanna try more of their beers now.

Flying Dog do some good stuff...Raging Bitch Belgian IPA is a fantastic beer, the spicey pepperiness from the belgian yeast really works well with the punchy hop profile. It's also disastrously drinkable at around 8%. Old Scratch is a nice amber ale. And if you like rich porters & stout, then you'll not be disappointed with their Kujo imperial coffee stout or Gonzo imperial porter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,443 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Son0vagun wrote: »

Followed it with Brew Dogs 5AM Saint, it's a very fine beer!

5am Saint is very nice. Much prefer their Hardcore IPA though.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Just discovered that Magic Hat #9 is now on drinkstore.ie for €2 a bottle.
    But if you buy a case of 24 bottles, its only €1.80 a bottle :D

€5 delivery in Dublin, so a total of €48.20 for 24

That's a great price for an import like MH#9, and I love it, so think that'll be me sorted for this weekend :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have a lovely bottle of Franziskaner waiting for me when I get home. I can almost taste it now...

Sarky wrote: »
    I have a lovely bottle of Franziskaner waiting for me when I get home. I can almost taste it now...

Apparently it's brewed by Diageo

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Apparently it's brewed by Diageo

Close enough, it's an Anheuser-Busch brand.

irish_goat wrote: »

Close enough, it's an Anheuser-Busch brand.
    Ha. I was joking but it just goes to show ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Got the Philips Brewing Hop Box 12 pack, containing Krypton Rye-PA, Hop Circle IPA, Grow Hop Series: Chinook and their Cascadian Brown Ale. Its a great selection of hoppy brews, my favourite being the Brown Ale which is smooth, malty, chocolate with a big kick of cascade for a great beer. Picked up a 'bomber' of Philips Chocolate Porter for soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Picked up 5 bottles of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in O'Brien's (5 for €10) and just finished my second bottle, about to pour the 3rd and final bottle for tonight.

It really is a near perfect example of an American Pale Ale. Very hard to fault it at all.

Wish I didn't have to be up in the morning so I could have a few more!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Popped into ATG last night, and had the Mad Goose pale ale on cask. Very nice (some similarities to Galway Hooker). Also had a glass of the Left Hand Brewing Milk Stout, which was very smooth, but I think I prefer the roughness and flavour explosion of O'Haras Stout/Leann Folláin (and you get twice as much for the price too!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

It actually ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to tasting this stout. Should be out sometime next week.

150241_355211117907920_1833590766_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Oh jaysis, would love a sample of that.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,769 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

It actually ridiculous how much I'm looking forward to tasting this stout. Should be out sometime next week.

150241_355211117907920_1833590766_n.jpg

There is a free cask of this being made available to Beoir members on the 7th of December. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

There is a free cask of this being made available to Beoir members on the 7th of December. :D

I couldn't wait that long, free or not, to taste it. Straight into Bradly's on the day of release and pick up a few bottles, some for now, some for Christmas.

In the brewpub?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,787 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Seaneh wrote: »
    In the brewpub?
    In the brewpub. From 8.

• Advertisement

BeerNut wrote: »
    In the brewpub. From 8.

I have a little under a month to think of a reason to visit a friend in cork so :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement