Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

STS-134 Endeavour

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Signal back:)
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292445;image

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

About 40 minutes to docking
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292449;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292452;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292456;image

310 feet to go, moving into position for final approach.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292466;image

clln wrote: »
    Am i dreaming or don't they normally make sure they will be in coverage of the T&DRS at least for the RPM,wonder why diffrient this time:confused:
    Normally they do but I suppose the downloaded HD video is really all they need to check the TPS so live coverage is not critical. Pity :(

• Advertisement

OK just got the GO for docking!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292476;image

300ft and heading into sunset so we might not get many more views as it get darker:(
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292488;image

Passing over Australia not with 235ft to go.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292490;image

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭clln

Beeker wrote: »
    Normally they do but I suppose the downloaded HD video is really all they need to check the TPS so live coverage is not critical. Pity :(

They are so thoughtless to us,humph:rolleyes:
    range 235 feet

They are so thoughtless to us,humph:rolleyes:
    range 235 feet
    Yes I may e-mail them. Signed Disgrunteled Ireland:D

• Advertisement

150 ft. Going to have to leave in a few minutes but will catch up later. In your capable hands now clln:)index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292507;image

back in view now Endeavours payload bay lit up by lights!

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292506;image

Beeker wrote: »
    150 ft. Going to have to leave in a few minutes but will catch up later. In your capable hands now clln:)
    Thanks for the faith in me Beeker but i think i will leave the docking to mark kelly!:pac::)

Thanks for the faith in me Beeker but i think i will leave the docking to mark kelly!:pac::)
    Good move:D:D:D

Docking probe now in view about 30 feet away now.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292526;image

The ISS docking port ready to capture Endeavour now only 10 feet between them!
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292540;image

Capture at 11.14,nice work!:) they were over the west coast of Chile,just waiting for confirmation of hard dock.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292556;image

Endeavour and ISS now hard mated,leak checks and pressure equalisation going on with hatch opening expected at about 13.30.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292584;image

Station Crew doing their bit on the other side of the Docking adapter.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25174.0;attach=292590;image

for those who know the station they are working in Node 2 there.

Some call it the RPM,others the backflip.the official reason for this 360% turn of Endeavour is for ISS crew members to take pics to check for damage to its tiles etc.
    but the real reason i can reveal is that Endeavour knows She looks so beautiful She wanted to 'give us a twirl!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Some call it the RPM,others the backflip.the official reason for this 360% turn of Endeavour is for ISS crew members to take pics to check for damage to its tiles etc.
    but the real reason i can reveal is that Endeavour knows She looks so beautiful She wanted to 'give us a twirl!

<vid>

NASA Official vid. HD as always. :D
    Gorgeous.

• Advertisement

Malty_T wrote: »
    NASA Official vid. HD as always. :D
    Gorgeous.
    but in the HD version you can see the AMS falling off Malty!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭texasgal

You guys are so good to this office-dwelling NASA-geek texas-gal!

Thanks for the pics and the updates ... !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Great stuff lads,most of the jargon is double dutch to me but still lovin the pics:)

How can they take pictures of the tiles in backflip? As in from the ISS?No laughing now:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭Donny5

staker wrote: »
    Great stuff lads,most of the jargon is double dutch to me but still lovin the pics:)

How can they take pictures of the tiles in backflip? As in from the ISS?No laughing now:o

Yup, the lads on the ISS have a gander at the shuttle and see if anything's fallen off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

STS-134 launch as seen from a nearby aircraft. Amazing sight and fair play to the Captain for letting them know about it(though the OP seems wide to it from the outset).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭eilejh

It has been reported that Commander Kelly and his beloved wife exchanged wedding rings before the launch.....she has his, and he hers. What a team. And she to undergo surgery while he is in flight. This is a very emotional mission in many ways.

I may need surgery myself what with watching all the marvelous videos on this thread...my heart skipping all kinds of beats!

http://foxnewsinsider.com/tag/gabrielle-giffords/

AMS {Alpha Magnetic Spectrometer} the major payload for this flight is in the process now of being transfered from Endeavour to the station.
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25197.0;attach=293855;image
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25197.0;attach=293853;image

Starting to lift AMS out of the payload bay

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25197.0;attach=293857;image

• Advertisement

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25197.0;attach=293882;image

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=25197.0;attach=293879;image

Advertisement