Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica Superthread -All Metallica discussion goes in here

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,806 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

blackened is just a beast!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jasonnewsted

feylya wrote: »

YES!!!!!!!!!! savage

I originally downloaded the deluxe on Spotify, but when I came across "work in progress part 3" I immediately thought that the guys gave the nod to Jason, because Hetfield said that the bass will not be on the remaster, and it wasn't. But this gem I couldn't believe it. To live is to die is fcuking amasing when Jasons bass comes rolling in during the acoustic...unbelievable, we've only waited 30 years FFS?... I have been following this thread since the release, and only made this account to ask why? ye well seasoned Metallica fans hadn't picked up on it.

It's got to the point now that I listen to "work in progress part 3" rather than the original album because that's it, that's the way it was supposed to sound until, Lars turned down the bass, James upped the rhythm and his voice.

I originally downloaded the deluxe on Spotify, but when I came across "work in progress part 3" I immediately thought that the guys gave the nod to Jason, because Hetfield said that the bass will not be on the remaster, and it wasn't. But this gem I couldn't believe it. To live is to die is fcuking amasing when Jasons bass comes rolling in during the acoustic...unbelievable, we've only waited 30 years FFS?... I have been following this thread since the release, and only made this account to ask why? ye well seasoned Metallica fans hadn't picked up on it.

What band is this?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What band is this?

Megadeth

• Advertisement

Megadeth

Ah shur mustaine 'wrote them all'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

A little piece from the Onion to tide us over until there's something to talk about.

https://www.theonion.com/metallica-board-of-directors-debates-whether-new-riff-w-1819579870

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Greg81

Just arrived :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Going to Metallica in Estonia (Tartu in July).

Anybody know the best way to get back to Tallinn from Tartu on the off-chance after the gig?

Buses/Trains seem to stop at 10pm. The only hotels left in Tartu are 5* ones which wouldn't be worth it that late.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

callaway92 wrote: »
    Going to Metallica in Estonia (Tartu in July).

Anybody know the best way to get back to Tallinn from Tartu on the off-chance after the gig?

Buses/Trains seem to stop at 10pm. The only hotels left in Tartu are 5* ones which wouldn't be worth it that late.

Thank you

It's Estonia, get a taxi, what's it gonna cost ya, about 70cent :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,341 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

It’s 180km I’m afraid. Wouldn’t be a cheap taxi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

callaway92 wrote: »
    It’s 180km I’m afraid. Wouldn’t be a cheap taxi

Ah, still only a fiver :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Last time the band played Lubbock, Texas, they debuted Sweet Amber, this time they debuted - Well the title is in the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,635 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Last time the band played Lubbock, Texas, they debuted Sweet Amber, this time they debuted - Well the title is in the video.

My favourite song off the album

My favourite song off the album

It's a great song.

It's a great song.

I love the effect that Lars has on his drums during some of the mellower verses(I think!?).

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Got my gold circle ticket in post yesterday,I had ordered shortest straw package but no mention of it on ticket.wonder will they send separate stuff for that later on.

psychozeb wrote:
    Got my gold circle ticket in post yesterday,I had ordered shortest straw package but no mention of it on ticket.wonder will they send separate stuff for that later on.

How much was that?

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    How much was that?

€199

psychozeb wrote:
    €199

Fcuk that, it's scum class for me

• Advertisement

ah there's a limited edition foil lithograph poster and one other small item of merch with that.got it as a present. Not sure how much gold circle is on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

psychozeb wrote: »
    ah there's a limited edition foil lithograph poster and one other small item of merch with that.got it as a present. Not sure how much gold circle is on its own.

So Rob's been talking about a new album, said the band have been working on ideas on the road.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/metallica-have-begun-jamming-new-ideas-together-while-out-on-the-road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

So Rob's been talking about a new album, said the band have been working on ideas on the road.

https://www.loudersound.com/news/metallica-have-begun-jamming-new-ideas-together-while-out-on-the-road

See you in 2023

• Registered Users Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭Degag

See you in 2023

Even that's optimistic:D

See you in 2023

I don't know, gut feeling says it'll be out sooner, assuming the WorldWired Tour finishes on Halloween Night in Australia, and no further legs are added, they return from Australia, do nothing from November until January 2020, reconvene at some point (maybe March/April) in 2020 to thrash out their 11th studio album, late 2020/early 2021 release and then head out on tour for it.

But it's all speculation at this point anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Okon

Yeah, I think the next Metallica album will be sooner than 2023. I doubt Rob would have mentioned about jamming on new material in the tuning room if the album was four years away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I had a dream Metallica opened Slane with Frantic, Kirk cut his solos short and played a simplified blues version of the MoP solo and that they mostly played videos, some not even relevant as they were too lazy to perform. At one point I heard a marked improvement in their performance at one point, turned and saw Dave Lombardo playing drums with Lars sitting on the sidelines miffed. Hmm, I wonder will Slane turn out like this?

I had a dream Metallica opened Slane with Frantic, Kirk cut his solos short and played a simplified blues version of the MoP solo and that they mostly played videos, some not even relevant as they were too lazy to perform. At one point I heard a marked improvement in their performance at one point, turned and saw Dave Lombardo playing drums with Lars sitting on the sidelines miffed. Hmm, I wonder will Slane turn out like this?

Ehhh.....no

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,176 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Ehhh.....no

Well if Slane turns out to be a train wreck I'll be sure to quote myself in 3 months time!

Advertisement