Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Munster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/rugby/results_and_fixtures.php

ML Broadcast Schedule till New Year:
    • Sat 4 Sep 19:30 Aironi (H) RTE
    • Fri 10 Sep 19:05 Edinburgh (A) BBC ALBA/TG4
    • Sat 18 Sep 20:00 Ospreys (H) RTE
    • Fri 24 Sep 19:30 Glasgow (A)
      :mad:
    • Sat 2 Oct 19:30 Leinster (A) TG4 :rolleyes:

Heineken Cup
    • Fri 22 Oct 19:45 Treviso (H) TG4
    • Fri 29 Oct 19:05 Ulster (A) BBCNI/TG4

AIs
    • Sun 21 Nov 17:35 Scarlets (H) TG4/BBC WALES
    • Fri 26 Nov 19:05 Dragons (A) BBC WALES
    • Sat 4 Dec 19:30 Cardiff (H) TG4

Heineken Cup
    • Sun 26 Dec 17:00 Connacht (A) TG4
    • Sat 1 Jan 19:30 Ulster (H) RTE/BBC NI
    RTE only showing 3 games from 13. 4 games only available in Irish and Glasgow away isn't broadcast at all.

FFS. :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

RTE only showing 3 games from 13. 4 games only available in Irish and Glasgow away isn't broadcast at all.

FFS. :(

not a dig at you thomond but your statement reminds me of when people used to be havinga go at setanta for poor coverage!

celtic league rugby on tg4 takes me back to 2004/05!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I'm shocked the Munster Leinster game isn't on RTE!

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭theKramer

profitius wrote: »
    I'm shocked the Munster Leinster game isn't on RTE!
    Seems like RTE really screwed up on that one. Ah well, at least we know our TV licence fee is being well spent on Pat Kennys salary :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

Whats the story with getting tickets for the munster/leinster in landsdowne game? i attend all home games in thomond (have season ticket), but with the price of the autumn internationals this is my chance to see landsdowne full with a good atmosphere. I know ticketmaster have advanced ones online for with passwords, is that only for leinster fans at the minute?

• Advertisement

Leamy Leads Munster
    On his first game back since injury in the Heineken Cup game against Perpignan in Stade Aime Giral, Denis Leamy has been handed the Captain's armband for Munster's seasonal opener against Leicester Tigers in Musgrave Park tomorrow night (7pm).

Also included in the Munster side returning from long stints on the sideline are Darragh Hurley and Felix Jones while Ian Dowling who missed the latter stages of last season is named on the wing.
    Munster have just returned from a week long training camp at La Manga in Spain and have announced that Paul O'Connell will be the squad captain for the coming season.

Munster: S Deasy; D Hurley, D Barnes, S Tuitupou, I Dowling; P Warwick, D Williams; W du Preez, D Fogarty, S Archer; B Holland, D Foley; D Ryan, T O'Donnell, D Leamy capt.

Replacements: M Sherry, D Ryan, Darragh Hurley, I Nagle, J Coughlan, C Murray, C Hircock, F Jones, S Zebo, P Butler, P O'Mahony.

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/7791.php

• Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

budhabob wrote: »
    Whats the story with getting tickets for the munster/leinster in landsdowne game? i attend all home games in thomond (have season ticket), but with the price of the autumn internationals this is my chance to see landsdowne full with a good atmosphere. I know ticketmaster have advanced ones online for with passwords, is that only for leinster fans at the minute?

there's an update for Munster season ticket holders at www.mrsc.ie

our allocation goes on sale next week...2 tickets per member

EDIT: apparantly Leinster will put tickets on general sale on Monday so you could buy there too

budhabob wrote: »

Munster: S Deasy; D Hurley, D Barnes, S Tuitupou, I Dowling; P Warwick, D Williams; W du Preez, D Fogarty, S Archer; B Holland, D Foley; D Ryan, T O'Donnell, D Leamy capt.

Barnes at centre?

interesting....I wouldn't have though he was big enough for centre

Riskymove wrote: »
    there's an update for Munster season ticket holders at www.mrsc.ie

our allocation goes on sale next week...2 tickets per member

EDIT: apparantly Leinster will put tickets on general sale on Monday so you could buy there too

Thanks man. Thats the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭PhatPiggins

Barnes at centre?

interesting....I wouldn't have though he was big enough for centre

Must be a typo. It may be Deasy at centre and Hurley at 15 otherwise its the shortest Munster centre pairing in living memory

• Advertisement

Must be a typo. It may be Deasy at centre and Hurley at 15 otherwise its the shortest Munster centre pairing in living memory

I looked up his profile and he is listed as centre/wing so there ya go

on the other hand it still lists his height as 5' 4" which is clearly wrong and must have been recorded when he was 12 or something

Would liked to have seen Donnacha Ryan at 2nd row tbh. Still, its only a preseason game.

on the other hand it still lists his height as 5' 4" which is clearly wrong and must have been recorded when he was 12 or something
    It lists his weight as 85Kg, so if he is that short, he would be like a mini tank running around the place. Anyway, I cant imagine height making any real difference in the centre, if anything his lack of height would help him to evade tackles and make him better at tackling as his centre of gravity would be about 2 feet off the ground :D

theKramer wrote: »
    It lists his weight as 85Kg, so if he is that short, he would be like a mini tank running around the place. Anyway, I cant imagine height making any real difference in the centre, if anything his lack of height would help him to evade tackles and make him better at tackling as his centre of gravity would be about 2 feet off the ground :D

he's a growing boy of course and i have not seen him since end of last season

perhaps he'll appear like popeye tomorrow after a good summer's workout!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭2040

Barnes is definitely not 5'4". Speaking of small centres, Sam Tuitupou is 5'9". See also: Juan de Jongh at 5'9" (and a half)

2040 wrote: »
    Barnes is definitely not 5'4". Speaking of small centres, Sam Tuitupou is 5'9". See also: Juan de Jongh at 5'9" (and a half)

Have you seen how hard 5'9 Tuitupou hits!!! If there was more of him we'd have to register him a lethal weapon

Have you seen how hard 5'9 Tuitupou hits!!! If there was more of him we'd have to register him a lethal weapon

I've seen very little of him but i hear he's an animal. Juan de Jongh hits hard too. That's the point i was making. Being short doesn't necessarily mean anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

My question is which will be first choice for Munster this year?
    Was talking about this a work today and there was a variety of opinions.... I reckon Buckley will get the nod for the early Heineken Cup games and will have to play well from there on to hold his spot... The new chap Borlaise should feature in the Magners league but it would be a big ask for him to step up to European standard in his first season....

D_Red_Army wrote: »
    My question is which will be first choice for Munster this year?
    Was talking about this a work today and there was a variety of opinions.... I reckon Buckley will get the nod for the early Heineken Cup games and will have to play well from there on to hold his spot... The new chap Borlaise should feature in the Magners league but it would be a big ask for him to step up to European standard in his first season....

jaysus, it has to be buckley! he's better than hayes an every aspect of his game now that the bull has taken such a step back.

Hopefully McCarthy has been killing them both on the scrum machine and in live scrummaging sessions all summer :D

• Advertisement

Buckley but I've a feeling it will be Hayes no matter what. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭Benny Cake

Buckley but I've a feeling it will be Hayes no matter what. :(

Thats my fear as well, there has been a major reluctance to drop Hayes, but IMO the time is right to give Buckley a chance......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Heading to the Leicester game tonight, planning on getting tickets at the gate/porta-cabin office :D

Would I right in assuming there would be plenty of tickets?
    Was at the London Irish pre-season game last year and it must have been only 2/3 full.

Heading to the Leicester game tonight, planning on getting tickets at the gate/porta-cabin office :D

Would I right in assuming there would be plenty of tickets?
    Was at the London Irish pre-season game last year and it must have been only 2/3 full.

There should be but I dont think they're selling them on the gate. Not a 100% on that though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Any predictions? Its a nice day so maybe high scoring. I reckon Leicester will win by 27 - 21.

For updates on the match by a leicestershire mercury reporter: http://twitter.com/martin_crowson

This is better actually: http://twitter.com/MunsterUpdate

Munster seem to be doing well considering the team that Tigers fielded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Zebo has fantastic pace, very impressed with what I saw given his time on the pitch. Great to see Leamy back in form.

• Advertisement

13-17 FT.

A decent result considering the Leicester side fielded.

Good to hear Leamy got on the scoresheet.

Were there any significant knocks/injuries?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement