Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shameless US (* US Pace *)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dane Bramage

What tv channel is this show on?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

It's on Showtime in the States.. it's not airing on UK / Irish stations as of yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,346 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

More4 will be showing it next month

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It's on Yarrr T E.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Watched this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. A nice reminder of how awesome Kev and Veronica were, and your one playing Fiona's a flamin' stunner! It'll get interesting when they split from the UK storyline, here's hoping they keep a high standard.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Damn, I may end up having to watch this with all the positive reviews. I do have a Cape-sized hole in my viewing schedule I suppose :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

basquille wrote: »
    Like what? :confused:

It wasn't like they went around eating tea and crumpets or oppressing us for 800 years..

.. SNAP - yes, I WENT there! :pac:

Well you have to blame someone for the total **** hole that Ireland is I suppose...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Töpher wrote: »
    Watched this last night, thoroughly enjoyed it. A nice reminder of how awesome Kev and Veronica were, and your one playing Fiona's a flamin' stunner! It'll get interesting when they split from the UK storyline, here's hoping they keep a high standard.

Watched the 1st episode last night, very good I thought, good cast all round and a nice tribute to the British version... will watch them all if possible and see how it progresses.

Watching the preair of Episode One now and I have to say that I'm enjoying it. It's well shot, well acted and well written - I wasn't a fan of the original and rarely watched it, so I don't know how they compare but, so far, it's pretty great as a standalone show. The usual high quality expected from Showtime. If only they did Being Human instead of Syfy, but we'll see how that turns out tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,881 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched the 2nd episode yet.. but it'll be on RTÉ2 shortly (even before the UK premiere on More4 next month):
    The US adaptation of the hit comedy drama Shameless is coming to Irish screens this month.

The remake of the gritty show is being hailed as one of the biggest programme launches stateside, with an all-star cast.

While we normally have to wait several months before getting a new show from the US, RTE will be showing Shameless just weeks after its debut to critical acclaim.

Although it is believed to be a 'watered down' version of the no holds barred British original, the programme boasts a stellar cast full of award-winning actors.

Oscar-nominated William H. Macy leads the cast as Frank Gallagher, the alcoholic patriarch of a large, unconventional, blue-collar family in working class Chicago.

Playing the role of his oldest daughter Fiona is Golden Globe nominated Emmy Rossum, whose character tries to keep her five younger brothers and sisters on track.

In a recent interview, Macy who is married to Desperate Housewives star Felicity Huffman, describes Gallagher as being "very broadminded about his drug choices".

Smart

"He's a narcissist, an addict, he's smart, he's funny, he's strangely hard-working," he added.

"It occurred to me that he could just go out and get a job, it would be a lot easier than all the scams he does. You can't believe where they are taking this character over the first season; it is hysterical."

Although the original is still believed to outshine Macy and co's latest efforts, the remake is proving to be a massive hit stateside.

Shameless debuted on US network Showtime just last week, scoring the biggest ever show debut in the station's history, with more than eight million viewers tuning in.

Shameless airs on RTE Two, Thursday, January 27 at 9.55pm.
    Source: The Herald

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Watched episode 2 just there and it still looks like it'll be holding its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Pleasently surprised by the pilot i have to say
    I was really worried by the skins remake but it appears showtime know what they are at and have captured the soul of the show
    Although im still a bit unsure of william H macey as frank, specifically the scene where he walks into the bar and seems completely sober

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Watched the uk one up till season 3 or 4 I'm not sure but it it just wasn't the same after Fiona and Steve left so I stopped tuning in , as for the US version which I just finished watching all I got to say is so far so good , a likable cast with great chemistry and a stone cold hottie in the form of Emily Rossums Fiona who with no disrespect to Ann marie Duff actually looks like she could pull a Steve type guy despite her circumstances.

My only worry is Macy's Frank who looks to me like he is playing a drunk where as David Threlfall(uk frank) actually looked like a drunk who had just stumbled onto the set by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,994 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

My only worry is Macy's Frank who looks to me like he is playing a drunk where as David Threlfall(uk frank) actually looked like a drunk who had just stumbled onto the set by accident.

This

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What is Kev and Veronica like? (These were two of my favourite characters in the UK show)

I'll ask again so bump - What is the characters of Kev and Veronica like?

(I havent watched any yet I'm going to try at the Irish pace)

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

its starting on rte soon,is it worth watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

are many people watching this, ive never seen the english version, but im really liking this show,

i heard its similar to the english version for the first few episodes, i was wondering if anyone who seen the englsih can say how different they are, should i stick with the US version, or is the english one really worth watching,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

English is the original, personally I love the English one but thats because its been on the telly for the past 6 years, and I've been watching it from the start!

I still have to see where the US Shameless is going, there are tiny little tweaks in names and stuff like aunt ginger that but I do enjoy watching the US too, I'm surprised I'm not bored out of my tree watching it as I know whats going to happen, but I'm looking forward to seeing episode 4.

Currently catching up on TV, Shameless UK now, Shameless US later, Pretty little liars after that. Caught up on Gossip Girl last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

i watched the us version before the uk version.

tbh i prefer the us one.... the uk one just reminds me of a hollyoaks version of the us one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

I'll ask again so bump - What is the characters of Kev and Veronica like?

(I havent watched any yet I'm going to try at the Irish pace)

I suppose you know by now then.

But just incase, Kev is much the same but Veronica is black and much hotter than the original Veronica. One of the finest sisters i have seen in my young(ish) life. Good grief.

• Advertisement

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/shameless-and-episodes-both-earn-second-seasons/

Showtime has renewed Shameless for second season.

Shameless — which with nearly four million weekly viewers across multiple platforms is on pace to be Showtime’s second-highest rated drama series (behind Dexter)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

don ramo wrote: »
    are many people watching this, ive never seen the english version, but im really liking this show,

i heard its similar to the english version for the first few episodes, i was wondering if anyone who seen the englsih can say how different they are, should i stick with the US version, or is the english one really worth watching,

Definitely check out the original Shameless. Haven't seen the US version yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

http://www.tvline.com/2011/02/shameless-and-episodes-both-earn-second-seasons/

Showtime has renewed Shameless for second season.

Shameless — which with nearly four million weekly viewers across multiple platforms is on pace to be Showtime’s second-highest rated drama series (behind Dexter)

Good to hear. Really enjoying it so far.

Bodhisopha wrote: »
    I suppose you know by now then.

But just incase, Kev is much the same but Veronica is black and much hotter than the original Veronica. One of the finest sisters i have seen in my young(ish) life. Good grief.

Yes seen them worse casting ever imo

Chloe Webb (Nancy Spungen from the film Sid and Nancy) will play Frank's ex Monica

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes seen them worse casting ever imo

Yeah I'm not sure, I like the new Veronica but I do think she could stand to be a little more coarse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

another great episode last night, its set up for a great finale, how old is yerone the shagged frank, shes a bit of a lunatic,

i couldnt stop laughing last week when she said everything she done, and her fathers reaction and everyone elses was class, "whores dont get cars":D

its hard to say who i like the most, there so many great caracters,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Caught the season finale there last night, I suppose they'll really be taking the storyline on its own path from here on out given the changes from the original UK season 1 ending.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SHAMELESS - SEASON 2

Premiere: Sunday, January 8th at 9:00 PM ET/PT

Season 2 of SHAMELESS finds our favorite dysfunctional family braving the summertime Chicago heat trying to keep cool…and Frank (William H. Macy) out of trouble. Bearing the de facto parent badge, Fiona (Emmy Rossum) spends her nights working at a happening nightclub and her days keeping an eye on Debbie (Emma Kenny) and Carl (Ethan Cutkosky) as they run a makeshift daycare center at the house. Meanwhile, brothers Lip (Jeremy Allen White) and Ian (Cameron Monaghan) are toying with the idea of college, while Sheila (Joan Cusack, in her Emmy® Award-nominated role) is still housing Frank and making progress with her agoraphobia. As usual, the motley brood somehow manages to hold down the fort and make sure the bills are paid, the lights are on and there is food on the table. Developed for American Television by John Wells and Created by Paul Abbott, SHAMELESS is based on the long-running hit UK series. SHAMELESS is executive produced by acclaimed Emmy® Award-winning television and film producer John Wells, Paul Abbott and Andrew Stearn.

• Advertisement

Harry Hamlin has snagged a two-part guest spot as Ian's older friend Ned on Shameless

Advertisement