Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer League 2010 - General Discussion

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

roys lost too

great night

11 TUE JUN 22 Boardeaux 2 1 SS Rovers
    11 TUE JUN 22 Glenwood Rovers 2 1 Roys Rovers
    11 TUE JUN 22 MDMA Moscow 4 0 Templeogue Astros

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Massive massive game next week. Looking at the table MDMA are back in the hunt aswell 2 points behind us.

Very tight at the top, we have to win next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Took the liberty of making that video a JPG for anyone wanting a pic :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Results from last night below, we're now 2 points behinds Roys and level on points with MDMA with both these guys to play over the next few weeks.

14 TUE JUL 13 Fabulous Benedictine Monks 2 1 Derivativos!
    14 TUE JUL 13 Glenwood Rovers 0 3 Boardeaux
    14 TUE JUL 13 Roys Rovers 2 1 MDMA Moscow
    14 TUE JUL 13 SS Rovers 1 5 Templeogue Astros
    14 TUE JUL 13 Woodbine 1 3 Finsbury United

weve 4 games left. league is a long shot after last weeks disaster result. however, all we can keep doing is winning, maybe they will slip up.

if not, its in our own hands to finish 2nd, we play the other 2 teams around us and one win and one draw should see us 2nd, that has to be the least of our aims. last 3 seasons, we have challenged for the league and been the main challengers at that. the first 2 seasons we took it to the last week. last year once we lost to them, we faded and picked up f*ck all points in the last 4 or 5 games.

we cant let that happen this year, we need as many points as possible and finish as high as possible. i know its all about winning the league, but we can have no complaints, tempelogue have been more consistent. we have been too jekyll and hide this year against the teams we should be beating.

they have beaten us 2 times, but then weve beaten the other teams around us. the difference is the bad points we dropped against the monks, ss rovers, deritivos when 2-0 up and then last weeks disaster. thats 10 points in 4 games we should have picked up 4 wins.

i dont know what it is, but something is wrong when we go out and beat roys and ketamine and then drop 10 points against the 4 poor teams i mentioned above. maybe its mental or a confidence thing.

but we are certainly better than our position shows. templeogue are no world beaters, i played against them last season in the other league and we beat them 2 times, 3-1 and 2-1. i missed both times we played them this year, maybe they got new players, but then i saw them play ketamine 2 times and they lost 6-1 and 4-0. something is wrong there somewhere, it doesnt add up.

we have the players, some of the best players in the league, we play good ball, but we are just missing something, we are not reaching the potential we should be. until we do that, we will keep finishing 2nd, we aint far off though, you dont finish high up a league 4 seasons in a row without being a good outfit. its only something small that we need, maybe one top class player in a certain position can make that difference, i dont know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Templeogue are by far the best team in the league. There is nothing between the rest of the teams including ourselves. Thats just my opinion though.

Does anyone have a set of fixtures for the 2nd round of the cup btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Here's the cup draw for anyone thats interested. I know a few of you are still involved with other teams.

we have a decent chance of getting to the 1/4 which if we do, could be against either MDMA or Jules other team:eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Mall10357

Any News On The New Season Starting Or Any Friendlies Coming Up

Advertisement