Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer League 2010 - General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Shocking spell of football to have recorded :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Cup game announced, Fri 14th May at 9 in Colmcilles Knocklyon

Shels in Monaghan that night Martin

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Who's the opposition?

Playing football comes first but I think I'm away visiting a university in the UK that week so might not be there anyway.

Who's the opposition?

Logica from Div 6

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I didnt know there was a cup, how do you see who your team are playing when you log in on astro.ie Des? I wanna see if my other team are in this cup too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

ya i spent a good bit of time looking last nite and found nothing. must have been via email.

our monday team have got nothing yet, so assume they are only organsing it by ordered friday nights first.you would assume that it would take about 4 seperate friday nites to run off the first round.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    I didnt know there was a cup, how do you see who your team are playing when you log in on astro.ie Des? I wanna see if my other team are in this cup too.
    It doesn't appear in the website, they let the Team Contacts know by email.

The cup runs only for the summer league.
    would assume that it would take about 4 seperate friday nites to run off the first round.

Yeah, with the amount of teams entered into it, the First Round can take a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

Des moonlighting

26378386496496212605461.jpg

4 TUE MAY 4 Boardeaux 5 1 Finsbury United
    4 TUE MAY 4 Glenwood Rovers 1 2 MDMA Moscow
    4 TUE MAY 4 Roys Rovers 2 2 Fabulous Benedictine Monks
    4 TUE MAY 4 SS Rovers 1 1 Derivativos!
    4 TUE MAY 4 Woodbine 6 1Templeogue Astros

long long way to go yet and considering we have lost 2, we are not too badly off, theres 4 teams within 2 points of us.

• Advertisement

Looks like the Ket boys are gonna be the ones to beat. Not a disaster anyway. The monks must have upped their game, they were awful every time we've played them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

What's the link to the Astro league table? Des can you add it to the Fixtures sticky, just handier to access it from there on other computers.

Far too early to be looking to the end game, though no bad thing that Roys Rovers have also dropped a good few points this early.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Cheers Keith, I'll add that to the Fixtures Thread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ralphhos

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that astro.ie have brand new leagues in Bray, Lucan, Naas and Maynooth if anyone is looking to play in the summer league in these areas.

Cheers,

Ralph

Monks beat the Ketamine boys 3-1 last night :eek: we'll have to be on top form next week to continue our run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Monks beat the Ketamine boys 3-1 last night :eek: we'll have to be on top form next week to continue our run.

Just goes to show how tough this league is, anyone can beat anyone. We need to keep up the high levels of performance.

Monks have had some weird results.

Beat Finsbury 3-2, and MDMA 3-1

Have Drawn with Roys and Templogue

And have been beaten by Glenwood (currently second bottom) and Derivativos

We have to beat them to capitalise on their beating of MDMA and draws with Roys and Templeogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TevezAnto

We keep playing and battling the way we have been we will beat them without any problems..... every player needs to be 100% next week nothing less

This weeks games

19:15 WES1 Roys Rovers -v- Woodbine
    19:15 WES2 SS Rovers -v- Glenwood Rovers

20:15 WES1 Fabulous Benedictine Monks -v- Boardeaux
    20:15 WES2 Templeogue Astros -v- Finsbury United

21:15 WES1 MDMA Moscow -v- Derivativos!

I think Roys, SS Rovers, Templeogue and Ket will all win tomorrow

• Advertisement

possible row brewing for our other team Rocco Rovers. we were down to play in the cup last night against O2, who happen to be top of the division 1. they had no team and emailed yesterday to refix it, i think astro will do that. total b*ll****, they knew the fixtures for 3 or 4 weeks, yet leave it until the last day to say they cant make it.

if astro agree to the refixture it is a load of s*ite, the top teams are allowed to get away with what they want it seems.one rule for most, another rule for the minority. cant have the top team gone from the cup already eh?

A win is vital tonight, RR V Templeogue astros is a massive game, a draw there or even a win for RR would mean 2 points between 1st and 3rd place.

TUE JUN 8 19:15 WES1 Templeogue Astros Roys Rovers
    TUE JUN 8 19:15 WES2 Finsbury United Glenwood Rovers
    TUE JUN 8 20:15 WES1 MDMA Moscow Woodbine
    TUE JUN 8 20:15 WES2 Fabulous Benedictine Monks SS Rovers
    TUE JUN 8 21:15 WES1 Boardeaux Derivativos!

Cup Match announced

2nd July 21:00, -v- Hunts up front from Division 1

Des wrote: »
    Cup Match announced

2nd July 21:00, -v- Hunts up front from Division 1

did they send a file with full list of fixtures like the last round?any idea who rocco rovers got?that will be a tough game, think they won it last year.

Didn't send any file, just our fixture

They've won it a few times the last few years I think. Former LOI player Robbie Griffin plays for them afaik.

they can go top if they win their 2 games in hand. standard cant get any higher really. we would need to play out of our skins and defend the best we ever did to have any chance. just go out and enjoy the game should be our first aim, and if we did that and won, it would be super.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,028 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

Bummer, I'm doing the Ring of Kerry cycle that weekend so will miss this game. Would have been very interested in having a go at these lads, gutted to miss it - give em hell lads!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I'll be away that day too

Advertisement