Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are you single?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

After 115 odd posts and currently in a relationship topping the poll how am I the only one pro-relationships??

I don't think you are the only one who is pro-relationships. I always suspect there are people who say they're ok with being single but you get the feeling they are just saying that and it's not actually true. I'm not pointing any fingers though.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

I'm defo pro-relationships. I think a lot of the doubts people have here is because they haven't met the right person to be honest. The right person isn't going to nag you or make you do stuff you don't want to do, not all women are like that (or men!)! And when they do meet the right person it's not an effort cos you're mad about them and you want to spend time with them! And it's a great feeling too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭red herring

I'm single and I would hate to be in a relationship. I had boyfriends from 16 until last summer and I'm now officially on strike from guys.
    I got into an intense relationship with a guy when I was in a bad, dark place and he took advantage of my vunerability. Now a year after he broke up with me he's harrassing me and won't leave me alone, he's bad news. I'm don't trust any guys now and the thoughts of being in a relationship again makes my skin crawl.
    I'm single but not interested in guys or dating, I won't be for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Single due to the fact i seem to mostly attract the bunny boiler typers and have had enough drama for several life times.

Still working on a filtering system but i still havent figured out a nice way of saying to a girl

"Are you sane?"

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tink2

Agent J wrote: »
    Single due to the fact i seem to mostly attract the bunny boiler typers and have had enough drama for several life times.

Still working on a filtering system but i still havent figured out a nice way of saying to a girl

"Are you sane?"

LOL the problem there is a lot of them don't know that they're not sane !!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

previous serious girlfriends left me due to my lethargic attitude. Last one broke up due to long distance issues. God I loved her... f*cking bitch...

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Tubberadora

I always tend to look for faults in girls I date before looking for positives. Does this make me shallow, picky, or do I just have high standards?

I met this girl recently, who I had been attracted to for a little while beforehand. So she gave me her number, we met up, text for a bit, met up again, and then for no real reason I just decided I couldnt be bothered.
    This sort of thing happens alot with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

bazmaiden wrote: »

Also resembles a horn.

Very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

tink2 wrote: »
    LOL the problem there is a lot of them don't know that they're not sane !!!

I know, thats only the first test.

Next comes the questionnaire... then the psychologist taking notes on the first date. "Its ok, you can ignore him. He'll just be taking some notes during dinner"
    While my friends perform background checks on her.

Yeah it'll be a while before i even think of going anywhere near anyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I'm a long time single. Wouldn't mind being in a relationship but just haven't met the right person. But at the same time,i'm ok with being single. Also,i think i'm better having my own life sorted 1st before i find someone to share it with.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,228 ✭✭✭epgc3fyqirnbsx

The biggest problem with being single is that girls have all the boobs :mad:
    I just wanna play with them, its not like I wanna talk to a woman or anything

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Going out with a girl a while now, we're both young and stupid so you can't know how it will go in the future, but I'm happy with things for now and that's all I realy care about.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Gay dudes are so lucky. They can have real interests in common with their partner. They'll both enjoy going to chick flicks, both enjoy endless hours of clothes shopping, both enjoy interior decorating. And to top it all off they get to shag each others brains out too. Compare that to a straight man who has to endure chick flicks, shopping and interior decorating for just alittle bit of shagging.........maybe.

Yeah, im single btw! ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Like to play, and don't have to ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Like to play, and don't have to ask.

Golf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

By choice at the moment - and genuinely happy this way... but that could change.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

After 115 odd posts and currently in a relationship topping the poll how am I the only one pro-relationships??

Misery loves company :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I am single because the other option made me unhappy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I've concluded the only reason I'm single is because I'm so insanely hot that guys are too afraid to come near me and I can't bring myself to lower myself to go ask someone. *sigh* beautiful people have it so hard sometimes.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,235 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

lonad wrote: »
    Golf?
    Ask Tiger?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭Dr_Phil

cafecolour wrote: »
    Folks that are single, why? By choice or because you have met the right person yet?

It may sound harsh, but from what I've seen mostly, single people are just loosers. The don't look after themselves:

- Hair can look really good if you want. If there is a will there is a way.
    - Dentist, dentist, dentist. Make sure your teeth are white and your breath is nice and fresh.
    - Skin, pimples, allergies or other skin diseases/conditions - go to the doctor if you need to. It's 21 century.

They often don't have any style, any intersting personality, any skills, they happen to be boring, sleazy and just have "something" that keeps the opposite sex far, far away. More than likely it's overall sexual unatractiveness and lack of confidence.

Not all of them obviously, but at least singles I know. All that "I don't mind being single" is in 95% a smoke screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I picked "I'm single and far too stuck in my ways to be in a relationship." but to tell the truth it's probably because I'm ugly.

azezil wrote: »
    I've concluded the only reason I'm single is because I'm so insanely hot that guys are too afraid to come near me and I can't bring myself to lower myself to go ask someone. *sigh* beautiful people have it so hard sometimes.
    Try bare-knuckle boxing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Pictures or get out :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

you should pray to god that your afliction wears out fast..... :)

Dr_Phil wrote: »
    It may sound harsh, but from what I've seen mostly, single people are just loosers. The don't look after themselves:

- Dentist, dentist, dentist. Make sure your teeth are white and your breath is nice and fresh.
    - Skin, pimples, allergies or other skin diseases/conditions - go to the doctor if you need to. It's 21 century.

They often don't have any style, any intersting personality, any skills, they happen to be boring, sleazy and just have "something" that keeps the opposite sex far, far away. More than likely it's overall sexual unatractiveness and lack of confidence.

Not all of them obviously, but at least singles I know. All that "I don't mind being single" is in 95% a smoke screen.
    From what I've observed, single people like the ones you describe, are in the minority rather than the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭bazmaiden

that is some sweeping statement Dr

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Youve changed Dr Phil. You used to be encouraging and helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Pfft. Are you taking the piss?

Or maybe they just want to be single.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Dr. Phil has one good point there.....TEETH.

Brush your teeth for the love of all that is holy!!!
    It's not that feicing hard >.<

Advertisement