Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it OK not to like something?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Woof.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I don't particularly like this Modern Art business... is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

I don't like the song fireflies by owl city, but i seem to be the only one . . .

I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate that song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

brummytom wrote: »
    I haaaaaaaaaaaaaate that song

woohoo i'm not the only one!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭beanyb

I hate that song too. And I know quite a few people that do too. He took the Postal Service, completely ripped them off, and managed to do it by removing all that makes the Postal Service good from the song. HATE it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

I don't like Dr Who.
    My nephews continue to ignore the fact, and try and explain to me what's happening in it-they won't accept i've feck all interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I don't like tea, I hate having to explain that and getting funny looks when I say it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

OP are you Tom Dunne?

If it is Tom Dunne, it's the longest statement I've heard him make without some reference to the amusing antics of his children.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

alwaysadub wrote: »
    I don't like Dr Who.
    My nephews continue to ignore the fact, and try and explain to me what's happening in it-they won't accept i've feck all interest in it.

I read that as the Who and was confused as to why your nephews would be explaining the Who to you , actually started going through the lyrics in my head:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I don't like tea, I hate having to explain that and getting funny looks when I say it.

Why do you go to pot parties then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

lonad wrote: »
    I read that as the Who and was confused as to why your nephews would be explaining the Who to you , actually started going through the lyrics in my head:o

My nephews might be cool-but they're not that cool :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I don't like neighbours who don't keep their music down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Along with people's bemusement that I don't like Family Guy (I strangled a girl when she said: "But it's sooooooo your humour!!" :mad: ) I also can't stand egg, that smelly shìt is like dead feet!

Apparently, it's not OK to not like something.............especially if you don't like being hounded by pedastal-chaffing know-it-alls condemning you for thinking otherwise. You know they've dropped your IQ score in their heads immediately, pricks!

Fùck off and die.

P.S. Tea is rotten without sugar but coffee tastes excellent without it! Go figure! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 524 ✭✭✭gagiteebo

I hate Star Wars, everytime this comes up people try to convince me of the brilliance of it. Just stop. It's ****e, it's not 'like the best movie ever' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

gagiteebo wrote: »
    I hate Star Wars, everytime this comes up people try to convince me of the brilliance of it. Just stop. It's ****e, it's not 'like the best movie ever' :rolleyes:
    Too right although only seen 1 of them.

Another thing, why can't I like something without getting questioned? I don't care if its not cool or hip to like it, I like it. Like Roll Bounce, what an awesome film. The attempted abuse I get over that film is mad.

I doubt many of you's have seen it :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Bill Hicks, can't stand him yet everyone loves him.

Considered to be the best comedian of all time.

Well to me, he comes across like an obnoxious prick anytime that I have seen him preform.

Screams controversial opinions (that aren't really all that controversial in the first fucking place) with a fake look of disdain on his face.

JFK wasn't shot by Lee Harvey? God you're so brave Bill, only for you we were buying that echo theory.

Pretend the world's dumb and only YOU (Bill Hicks) get that we live in consumer driven world full of hypocrites.

You took drugs and enjoyed it you say? You're my hero.

You love smoking and you don't care what people think? Genius :rolleyes:

He was just a smartarse cunt who was just as materialistic as everyone fucking else at the end of the day.

The tickets for his gigs were extortionate amount of money at his peak, if he hated corporate America so much then why not reduce his fee so everyone can get in half price?

Disingenuous hypocritical lying twat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Just take a leaf out of Peaches book.

I would well do her like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I hear she likes it in the pooper!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

She also like gear and random guys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

bonerm wrote: »
    Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. Had a pretentious twat tell me I was "wrong" for not liking it.

You're wrong, but I'll die defending your right to be wrong;)
    I don't like "Family Guy"

I've grown tired of it and South Park but there are some absolute gems in them. Gems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I don't like Liverpool. I don't like their fans. I particularly hate the way their team manages to be so bad and yet they're still the most arrogant supporters out there. Thank god they'll never win the league in my life time, you couldn't live with the fcukers.

Lord of the Rings. I'm sorry, but is this not a film for 10 year olds? How the hell did it get so popular? And the end of the last film....I had my jacket on in the cinema expecting the closing credits...half hour later i was still sitting there in my jacket. Cinematic torture, and I paid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭PhysiologyRocks

The smell of dog. I really, really hate it. I know nobody who actually likes it, but it actually bothers me.

In spite of this, I can cope with the vast majority of extremely foul stenches very well. And I love well washed dogs as well as the next person.

I don't like Liverpool. I don't like their fans. I particularly hate the way their team manages to be so bad and yet they're still the most arrogant supporters out there. Thank god they'll never win the league in my life time, you couldn't live with the fcukers.

It matters more when there's money on it ;)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=65239557&postcount=8930
    Lord of the Rings. I'm sorry, but is this not a film for 10 year olds? How the hell did it get so popular? And the end of the last film....I had my jacket on in the cinema expecting the closing credits...half hour later i was still sitting their in my jacket. Cinematic torture, and I paid for it.

I don't blame you if you never read the books. If your not retarded and don't like books then you'll be impressed at how well the suthor can describe/put into words the effects, scenes and languages the film has. The books are great, the movies are not.

Their is a difference between not liking something and just being ignorant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I hit a nerve.

Also, there is an important difference between their and there. Liverpool fans can't spell either.

I hit a nerve.

Also, there is an important difference between their and there. Liverpool fans can't spell either.

No you didn't I don't really care if you like Liverpool or not. Just pointing out that it is ignorant. You can't hate everybody just cause they like something you don't....That is racism... And racism is evil.

Sorry my spelling isn't up to your standards. Everybody knows supporters of all other football teams can spell perfectly.

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    No you didn't I don't really care if you like Liverpool or not. Just pointing out that it is ignorant. You can't hate everybody just cause they like something you don't....That is racism... And racism is evil.

Sorry my spelling isn't up to your standards. Everybody knows supporters of all other football teams can spell perfectly.

I don't like racism

• Registered Users Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I agree with the Bill Hicks hatred.
    And some fcuker always has to throw his quotes into an argument, because he's so very wise and everything he says is pure gospel.

I also hate football, and fans of it in general, for the reasons that can be seen in the few posts before mine.

IT'S A FCUKING GAME

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Gaunty

I did not care for the Shawshank redemption. I cannot explain why.

Advertisement