Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it OK not to like something?

Options
  • 03-04-2010 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

No biggie but can a person just not like something?

Is it such a problem for others? So I don't like those smelly fancy cheese.
    I like cheddar! Just a straight forward normal cheese! Just not those real fancy smelly ones. I have no strong feelings on them or those that like them, or the subject really.... but the group of people I was with earlier today would not let it go. Like I needed to be analysed? or some such!

Have you ever just not liked something and others felt the need to enlighten you on the errors of your ways?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,595 ✭✭✭bonerm

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue. Had a pretentious twat tell me I was "wrong" for not liking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

My brother insists that if I just sit down and watch all 420 episodes on Lost on DVD I will love it.... NO!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

No, it's not OK.

You must like what I like!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Of course it's ok to dislike something. Unless I like it. Then you're wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭arse..biscuits

I don't like "Family Guy"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Who knows what people mean by "like" these days? Y'know what I mean, like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

OP best tell everyone where this is actually coming from, then we can pick apart what you say humourously getting you no further to the answer:D

Most things are subjective and you'll find not everything has a right or wrong tag attached. Conformist!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Who knows what people mean by "like" these days? Y'know what I mean, like?

Yeah all my friends thing I'm mad for not liking clunge, what ya going to do...

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tomhappens wrote: »

I like cheddar! Just a straight forward normal cheese! Just not those real fancy smelly ones. I have no strong feelings on them or those that like them, or the subject really.... but the group of people I was with earlier today would not let it go. Like I needed to be analysed? or some such!

Have you ever just not liked something and others felt the need to enlighten you on the errors of your ways?
    Define normal cheese? I agree the White Cheddar is the staple of all cheeses,and is quite delicious, but there are so many more. Edam for example is a lot stronger and has an almost nutty flavor and is not best eaten on its own but makes a super Kickass cold-cut sandwich. Then you have your Bleu Cheese which is just unbeleivably great on a rasher sambo or better yet, a steakburger with rashers on it. omz.

And where would we be without brie? Ah, brie. Next try as many food combinations as you can think of with cheese. just a cold slice of cheese. Cheese with chocolate. Cheese with nuts. Cheese with coffee. Mmm..hrgk! Grk!

/dies from stroke.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,331 ✭✭✭✭bronte

I still haven't forgiven a french mate of mine who made me eat camembert once.
    :mad:
    Tasted like I wanted to die.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    Define normal cheese? I agree the White Cheddar is the staple of all cheeses,and is quite delicious, but there are so many more. Edam for example is a lot stronger and has an almost nutty flavor and is not best eaten on its own but makes a super Kickass cold-cut sandwich. Then you have your Bleu Cheese which is just unbeleivably great on a rasher sambo or better yet, a steakburger with rashers on it. omz.

And where would we be without brie? Ah, brie. Next try as many food combinations as you can think of with cheese. just a cold slice of cheese. Cheese with chocolate. Cheese with nuts. Cheese with coffee. Mmm..

O.o

So, those easysingles, nice eh?

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

We all must conform to the same liking of things.

You are the all singing, all dancing, crap of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Jako8 wrote: »
    O.o

Plastic Cheese is the bane of all life. Still, it holds its own on a Sausage and Egg Biscuit from McD.

And then theres what I can only refer to as Yank-Bread. Theres more Preservatives in it than flour. Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

I don't like "Family Guy"

well thats a given, family guy is dung

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Yes.......be yourself.....express yourself......you are individual....we all are....don't follow the crowd unless you feel they represent your thoughts and views.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Smeggy wrote: »
    My brother insists that if I just sit down and watch all 420 episodes on Lost on DVD I will love it.... NO!!

Ah, 420.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't like Flight of the Conchords but all my friends insist that it's AMAZING and I'll love it if I give it a proper shot... I did and it's shyte. They won't accept that though.

I also hate spicy food which people cannot accept for some reason :confused:

phasers wrote: »
    I don't like Flight of the Conchords but all my friends insist that it's AMAZING and I'll love it if I give it a proper shot... I did and it's shyte. They won't accept that though.

Whaaaat? :eek:

I won't accept that either. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

No, you're all just begrudgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

phasers wrote: »

I also hate spicy food which people cannot accept for some reason :confused:

You are so RIGHT!!!!!1

I don't like cider, I get ****e for that. The stuff is piss.
    Megan Fox, so I must be gay.
    Meat, so I must be gay.

There's a lot more, I won't go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jako8 wrote: »
    O.o

Easysingles and Buckfast- a student's Wine and Cheese party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

CianRyan wrote: »
    You are so RIGHT!!!!!1

I don't like cider, I get ****e for that. The stuff is piss.
    Megan Fox, so I must be gay.
    Meat, so I must be gay.

There's a lot more, I won't go on.

How you doing...;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

I don't like the song fireflies by owl city, but i seem to be the only one . . .

BTW easisingles DO NOT count as cheese . . .nor does calvita, or laughing cow, or low low spreadable ''cheese'' . . . .

Cheddar FTW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,854 ✭✭✭deisedude

Piste wrote: »
    Easysingles and Buckfast- a student's Wine and Cheese party.

You forgot the cheese:D

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

Cheese is ace.

The smellier, the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 tomhappens

Cheers you lot.

I am starting to feel I am not some sort of abnormal for just letting others live and let live with not me not liking what they pop in their mouths!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

Cheers you lot.

I am starting to feel I am not some sort of abnormal for just letting others live and let live with not me not liking what they pop in their mouths!

No worries tom! We all like crystal meth though so you'll need some of that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Cheers you lot.

Now that's a life style choice...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

OP are you Tom Dunne?

Advertisement