Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Plans

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Gonna head to Kerry for a few weeks, and I'm planning on getting some work in the Cul Camps fingers crossed - also refereeing which pays nicely as well!

Hibernate for the rest of the summer - I'd love to have the money to go travelling to America or Australia!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,864 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Check out a book called 'Emergency' by Neil Strauss, i hope to do a lot of his activitys this summer minus the guns and obtaininga secondary citizenship!

Is that the same guy who wrote "The Game"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Green Day the minute Economics ends on 23rd June, holidays with the family, look/beg around town for a job, generally not worry about the Leaving Cert.

Like last summer, only hopefully with a better results/offers week in August. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Heading to Muff in Co. Donegal at the end of July with my band, for the annual Muff Festival!

If any of you road trippers are hitting up Muff on your travels, I'll cya there :D

http://www.mufffestival.com/index.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Finding a job in Mallow is nigh on impossible, so I'm probably gonna just hibernate for a few months. I do need to learn to drive though; hopefully will do the theory test once I've finished exams and see where it goes from there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Party a hell of alot, go to amsterdam with the lads, get a better job, earn money, hopefully move out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

After my apparent failure at finding a job, I'm now resigned to my hopes of supervising the state exams, a ball of excitement that is. There's a couple o' reasons to celebrate and I'll probably be working voluntarily (hopefully, please voluntary work, save me from the boredom). Probably going out on da water hopefully. Anything could happen!

Take the theory test.

Oh yeah, that extra subject must be studied too.

Oddly, I'm looking forward to September, and to take on that darned feared LC everyone's talkin' about. I feel ready and I'm worried a summer of boredom or just doing whatever I like will totally ruin the momentum I have atm. Basically, I'd just like to get the LC over and done with and get on with my life...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

jumpguy wrote: »
    Oddly, I'm looking forward to September, and to take on that darned feared LC everyone's talkin' about. I feel ready and I'm worried a summer of boredom or just doing whatever I like will totally ruin the momentum I have atm. Basically, I'd just like to get the LC over and done with and get on with my life...

Enjoy the summer- the initial part of 6th year was slightly hellish I found.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Why so? The sudden onrush of pressure after the summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Green Day the minute Economics ends on 23rd June, holidays with the family, look/beg around town for a job, generally not worry about the Leaving Cert.

Like last summer, only hopefully with a better results/offers week in August. :D

Eh, no. There'll be at least ten minutes of ~*saying goodbye~* and shizz after economics, and then Green Day. :p

I've decided to go for my whole "write a novel!" idea over Summer. I regret things I don't do more than those I do, and I've decided to be a lot more "seize the day!" in my approach to life, so this is a big step. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

To be honest I thought it was more of a continuation of 5th year. People might just see it more negatively because 6th years are usually the first ones back, and you're coming out of summer holidays into a proper work routine for the first time. Most other years it eased into the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭AllInOne

I can't wait for the Leaving Cert to start, and end. I just really want to go horse riding lots up these lovely small mountains near my town. It will be unreal. Slightly scared of horses, but I also love them. Such beautiful creatures really

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Sit on my bum and watch DVDs =D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm hoping for lots of childminding, because there is no-one my age in my estate. I'm sick of shopping centers and I hate all my friends. FML

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm hoping for lots of childminding, because there is no-one my age in my estate. I'm sick of shopping centers and I hate all my friends. FML

Maybe your plans for the summer could be to make some new friends that you don't hate? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭TheCardHolder

Just back from festival one of the summer and found out I've got a full time job. Shweet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I have a 43things as well. I think learning the dvorak keyboard will the coolest because when I type in passwords people will be like "What did you type in?". Or, when I'm just randomly typing something. All very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

I have a 43things as well. I think learning the dvorak keyboard will the coolest because when I type in passwords people will be like "What did you type in?". Or, when I'm just randomly typing something. All very interesting.

I get that by having a really long, seemingly random password :P.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

I've been conscripted into helping my Dad with some jobs around the house over the summer.

There goes being lazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

I'm going to take up the piano again and teach myself some shtuff.
    Also plan on learning the guitar, I've been meaning to do it for years. Since I've fúck all to do this Summer, now seems like the poifect time!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Hotaru wrote: »
    I'm going to take up the piano again and teach myself some shtuff.
    Also plan on learning the guitar, I've been meaning to do it for years. Since I've fúck all to do this Summer, now seems like the poifect time!
    I'm also going to learn the piano, because the piano in Rock Band 3 is going to be a 25 key keyboard and it is going to be full scales and stuff, and it's going to be amazing and and and and... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I'm also planning on taking up piano again. I did up to grade 1, and did it for my JC, but gave up just after that.

Also onion: I now plan on getting rockband 3, the keyboard sounds epic! I wonder if you'll be able to buy just the keyboard by itself.

You almost certainly will as it's the only instrument you'd need to complete the "5 piece set". You'd have the guitar/drums/mic already, so many people would simply want just the keyboard. Personally I'll be buying everything.

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    I'm also going to learn the piano, because the piano in Rock Band 3 is going to be a 25 key keyboard and it is going to be full scales and stuff, and it's going to be amazing and and and and... :D

Well like, you totally got about half way through the easiest piano book IN.THE.WORLD. so I'm sure you'll be eh... amazing at it soon enough... :pac:

*cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

By the end of the summer, I will have these songs down perfectly. I will.

I also need to learn all the new National and Frightened Rabbit songs properly. I haven't played or practiced guitar in a year and it makes me sad.

Hotaru wrote: »
    Well like, you totally got about half way through the easiest piano book IN.THE.WORLD. so I'm sure you'll be eh... amazing at it soon enough... :pac:
    That shit was hard! Besides, I learn things best in the Rock Band environment. See: Drums :P

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    That shit was hard! Besides, I learn things best in the Rock Band environment. See: Drums :P

That sh1t was terribly easy :/

Right hand C, left hand C, right hand C, left hand C etc. etc. etc.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

My summer doesn't seem to want to start till I get my results, which is next Wed. Then it shall continue as follows:
    Turn 20 (:eek:) and have some form of celebratory bash.
    Go to Belfast to visit a friend.
    Go to Spain for a few weeks to improve Spanish.
    Go to Spain with friend and/or cousin to just chill.
    Go to Portugal with cousin to visit brother.
    Bum around at home with friends.
    And, of course, read several books, watch several films, practise ukelele, bake, cook and do more art.

I will be impressed if I manage half of that. *sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mcginleyireland

I remember a time when I joked about Rock Band having a piano set... Now they're making me look like a fool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement