Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OVERDUE!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Yay i'm in labour woohoo been getting contractions since half 5, went to the hosp and they said i'm 2cm. They asked did i wanna go home or stay there as could be hours before the big event so opted to go home as there will be feck all traffic on roads.

Can't wait to meet my little one
    great stuff, eveen better you had a choice to go home . now i wonder who,s next ELLE;)

MOZATTACK where are you? have you any news for us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

blond45 wrote: »
    great stuff, eveen better you had a choice to go home . now i wonder who,s next ELLE;)

Well, she hasn't posted since 10 o clock last night - and she did like the idea of an Easter baby..............:D

Noreen

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Well, she hasn't posted since 10 o clock last night - and she did like the idea of an Easter baby..............:D

Noreen
    its going to be hard to keep tabs on them from now on, no word from mozattack today i wonder;), elle whats the story with you?

its going to be hard to keep tabs on them from now on, no word from mozattack today i wonder;), elle whats the story with you?

No word from mozattack since Thursday - I'm guessing she's busy LOL.

Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

I think Mozzattack was to go in Mon for induction if nothing had happened. But considering theres been nothing in ages, prob she's gone in as I reckon she was a bit ahead of bulmers, me and Elle.
    No movement here. Went for big walk earlier, so fairly tired now.
    Delighted Bulmers went in, maybe there was something in the caster oil?? Though I'm not gonna chance that lol.
    Elle how u doing today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Best of luck Bulmersgal!!!!!!
    Will be thinking of ya:)

am now officially a week overdue :(

fi1979 wrote: »
    am now officially a week overdue :(
    It must be tough, seeing the others go off, and you're still here. Never mind, it wont be much longer. Thinking of you.

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭hacked

yay bulmers!!

sorry fi, i know what thats like! i almost went the two weeks over and i was going mental! Everyone who was due even weeks after me went first...i felt so cheated! It will all be worth it when you see your little person for the first time. :)

• Advertisement

any news from MOZZ, or FI? bulmers must have had little one by now. its bloody hard to wait any more days , 40 weeks is long enough. thank feck were not an elephant that has to wait 2 long years.

Hi Still here Blond. Am presuming Mozz must be gone as she was to start induction yesterday if nothing had happened.
    Elle has been very quiet tho so am starting to wonder...
    Not too bad today, but was getting a bit down in the dumps yesterday.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

As you guys may know, we had our tiny son by c-section at 11.55am last Friday, he was not thriving so it was medically necessary, he was born at 37 weeks...home yesterday wi!th our 4lb 11lb gorgous little son...very busy! Hugs to everyone still waiting and the new arrivals.

Cathy, so glad you are home and all is well. My very best wishes to you, Shane and Shane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Hi All,

I am Mozattack's other half and it is really nice to see so many people query how she has gotten on. Very nice indeed.

Well, as fi1979 above said, Moz was due to go into hospital on Monday morning at 9am. However, because I was having a few pints on Sunday night the little baby decided it was time to come out. Moz went into labour at 11.30 (ish) on Sunday night and we had to pop over to the hospital at 5am.

At 16.57 on Monday, after a lot of hard work, the help of the suction thingy/vacuum and a very stressful time (even for me!) little Dara was born. I say little, but at 9lb 5oz he wasn't so little! He is in very good health and so is his Mum but both are still in hospital as I write this and probably will be there until Friday.

It was an amazing day and we cant believe how lucky we are. So many worried thoughts had entered my mind and the delivery, although harder for a woman, can be tough for the guy when the delivery is not routine (there was two doctors and three nurses there when Dara popped out!). However, this is quickly outweighted by the utter delight in seeing the little man a few minutes later.

Thanks for the interest and I wish those who await their little presents the best of luck.

(just to say that the staff etc at Ardkeen were incredibly helpful throughout and I have the utmost respect for them) :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

Aww, congrats on your wonderful son...from another new mummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hey every1

I'm back. I had a little girl on Monday morning at half 5. Went back into the hospital sunday evening and they said i was in labour but I was only getting 2 or 3 good contractions out of every 5/6 so i could be a while. I was still only 2cm, they said they didn't wanna let me go home as I lived far away and I wasn't coping well with the strong contractions. So they put me in a pre labour ward for the night finally my contractions got stronger at around 12ish so I said to midwife could I get some pain relief as I hadn't taken anything at that stage. She did internal and I was 3cm so put me on a trace before given me drugs.

They then told me I was in labour and I needed to go to the delivery room so off i waddled. Got in there ask again for pain relief they said they were going to put me on a trace again and then give me some. So then they came back and hooked up the epidural and i was 4cm at that stage so they broke my waters and there was poo in it. So half hour later I said i dont think this epidural working can still feel pain on one side so they went off to get antithestic (Sp) So then wen he came back they could see i was after getting to 10cm so said I'd have to do without. Well I nearly cried as babies heart rate kept dropping so they had to check her oxygen levels and her head kept bopping back so they had to do 6/7 samples as they couldn't get good one. Turned out she was fine.

So 45minutes later of intense pushing ouch... she came into the world weighing 8lbs exactly. I only needed 2 stitches and didn't need any help. Its mad when ur pushin you think ur getting nowhere and then wham baby here. She was rushed off by doc to clear her lungs and get full check but she was perfect.

She is such a easy happy baby to look after sleeps most of the day only cries when she cold and need a bottle. Love her so much. Oh and I called her Elisha

That's great news. Congratulations to you both. Thanks for letting us know the happy outcome.

Noreen

Hey Bulmersgal. I'm delighted for you. Congratulations!

Noreen

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Well done ladies :) congrats

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

yay more babies.!!

Welcome to the world Dara and Elisha :D:D:D

Still no word from Elle...

I hope fi1979 is gone into hospital, too. :)

Noreen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

Some lovely news to catch up on this afternoon! Well done to all the new mums :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

Delighted to hear about the safe arrival of Dara and Elisha!!!

Good choice with the name Dara, same name I picked for my eldest lad;)

Delighted to hear about the safe arrival of Dara and Elisha!!!

Good choice with the name Dara, same name I picked for my eldest lad;)
    im so delighted at the news for both of the new mums. great news:):):). there are 4 daras in my sons class, seniors enfants elisha is a beautifull name. well done to you all. now whos left? castor oil anyone;):D

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Hey every1

I'm back. I had a little girl on Monday morning at half 5. Went back into the hospital sunday evening and they said i was in labour but I was only getting 2 or 3 good contractions out of every 5/6 so i could be a while. I was still only 2cm, they said they didn't wanna let me go home as I lived far away and I wasn't coping well with the strong contractions. So they put me in a pre labour ward for the night finally my contractions got stronger at around 12ish so I said to midwife could I get some pain relief as I hadn't taken anything at that stage. She did internal and I was 3cm so put me on a trace before given me drugs.

They then told me I was in labour and I needed to go to the delivery room so off i waddled. Got in there ask again for pain relief they said they were going to put me on a trace again and then give me some. So then they came back and hooked up the epidural and i was 4cm at that stage so they broke my waters and there was poo in it. So half hour later I said i dont think this epidural working can still feel pain on one side so they went off to get antithestic (Sp) So then wen he came back they could see i was after getting to 10cm so said I'd have to do without. Well I nearly cried as babies heart rate kept dropping so they had to check her oxygen levels and her head kept bopping back so they had to do 6/7 samples as they couldn't get good one. Turned out she was fine.

So 45minutes later of intense pushing ouch... she came into the world weighing 8lbs exactly. I only needed 2 stitches and didn't need any help. Its mad when ur pushin you think ur getting nowhere and then wham baby here. She was rushed off by doc to clear her lungs and get full check but she was perfect.

She is such a easy happy baby to look after sleeps most of the day only cries when she cold and need a bottle. Love her so much. Oh and I called her Elisha
    ah you made me cry with happy tears,you waited so long for her, well done.

Noreen1 wrote: »
    Still no word from Elle...

I hope fi1979 is gone into hospital, too. :)

Noreen
    hpoe they are ok,bet they are pushing and cursing at hubbie ,dont ever come near me again,:D

hpoe they are ok,bet they are pushing and cursing at hubbie ,dont ever come near me again,:D

Is that what you did? LOL :D:D:Dicon14.gif

Noreen

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi girls, am back too :D Congrats to all of you on your little bundless of joy!
    Had a baby boy on Easter sunday at 22:39 hod.
    OMG What an experience.. well in my case anyway.. nothing ever go according to plan or smooth so...
    I went to labour on Easter Sunday at 7am mad strong contractions every 3 mins.. after an hour got down to 2 mins.... very sore!!!!! Well I thought I would coope longer but my OH said no way he is watching me to go through this hell any longer and so we left for hospital at around half 9...
    They examinated me and said I was not in labour yet but wanted to keep me in delivery room as they had no doubt I will be in next hour or so..
    I just thought to myslef... OMG this mad pain and I am not in labour yet.. anyhow they examinated me again in an hour and I was in labour at 1cm.. the midwife wanted to brake my waters so she did.. well that obiously made things twice as bad ha ha so I was brought up to delivery room.. spent next 4 hours on gas and air..and thought I must be progressing quickly in this agony of pain.. well nope.. after them 4 hours I was still stuck on 3.5 cm so they did recommend epi as they knew in this stage I will be there for another while.. so i got an epi.. took a while before it started to work .. and yes you can feel the constraction coming and going even with epi..
    They pop in an Oxytocin drip too so I spend another couple of hours on this they had to put a clip onto babys head to monitor his pulse and I was monitored so not the most comfy couple of hours as you can surely imagine.. Well cut it all short.. at half 9pm I was still only on my 6th cm and because in this stage the labour took way too long and they could not guarantee i was gonna get to 10 cm at all.. I had to have an emergency c- section.. which is another long story.. Anyhow after mad 15 hours of labour I had the most beautifull baby boy in the world :-) big one too 4.18kg and 55cm.
    Had to spent 5 days in the hosp as I was not sleeping at all.. Tobiash (Tobi) thats how we call our little one had to get antibiotics as he had high temperature when delivered and they kept going till this afternoon..
    I will be back to tell you all details but this is all I can write between breastfeeding and changing nappies.. BTW very sore nipples so if any of you have any suggestion how to heal them qick I would appreciate it.. using Lansinoh cream and co-oping with nipple shields from today... hoping for quick recovery with my scar as well.
    No need to say we are over the moon and little Tobiash was totaly worth every day of waiting :-)
    Congrats to you all again chat soon.
    xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Holy mother of god!!! you brought tears to my nether regions!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:
    I only got pain when i got to 9cms that's when i started looking for the epi...of course they said no.. but baba arrived about 10 mins later!!:D

well done Elle13 and welcome to the world baby Tobiash, what a cool name;) needless to say after putting you through that he'll sleep all night and never give you trouble as a teen!!:D

Advertisement