Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OVERDUE!!!!!!

Options
  • 29-03-2010 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi all

am overdue now since last Wed, doc said to come back this WEd if no movement and he would give me a date (to induce i presume). just wondering if anyone else same as me?
    also, i know this is silly but hoping that nothing happens on Thurs!! i know it is really stupid and of course i just want everything with babes to be alright first but just would prefer if he either came out before or after but not on Thurs. i know, you all prob think i'm silly!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

I'm overdue aswell only 1 day tho, got to go back to hosp for a sweep on wed's. Hoping to go myself b4 then but sure we'll see what happens not going to hold breath.

Do you not want baby to come because its April Fools day?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Yeah thats the reason (april fool's day). Guess i've too much time on my hands...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭blond45

ah ladies being there done that bought the babygrow:D was same as ye 6yrs ago, went 10 days over , by c-section (always knew it would be one) . april fools or not i wouldnt care what day he/ she comes out in good health. try to relaxe ok. you will do just fine,the waiting is the worst. put heaps of cosey pillows around ya when trying to sleep,like lye on your side put a pillow under your bump, that done me great. good luck.let us know when anything moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

I know how you feel and i can see why you don't want a baba's birthday on that day!! No-one would believe you for starters that you gave birth, especially that you're overdue!!:D

I was due on christmas eve, i did not want to go in that night i've 2 other kids and santy was coming.. so i think i hexed myself, i went 13 days over and i was given my inducement date when i was 7 days over for 7 days later.. the latest i could be left..:eek:

I went in on my day to be induced Jan 6th and i was to get the gel at 10pm but baba decided that i was serious about the eviction so he arrived under his own steam at 10.50pm 2 hours and 40 mins of labour!!

he's 12 weeks tomorrow and he was worth waiting for ;) i was glad i didn't have to be induced though it can be a tougher labour,
    I hope everything goes really well and you have a one hour labour:D
    Best of luck and keep us informed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

Best of luck Mozattack.

Hope all goes well with baby Toshibu :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

mozattack wrote: »
    Yeah thats the reason (april fool's day). Guess i've too much time on my hands...:o

I was born on april fools day. It's actually a great day to be born. Nobody ever forgets your birthday and actually there are no good slags to be had. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Elle13

Hi girls... I am afraid I am joining you here too... Today was my due date and still at home so I guess I am officially overdue too :(

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Princessa

I send my sympathy to all ye overdue ladies, i went ten days overdue in the end and at that my labour lasted 82 hours, the baby wasnt in distress so they didnt break my waters until i was 3 cm which took 60hours, then i was out on the oxytocin drip for a further 22hours until the little tike finally came into the world.
    I dont know if there is any substance to these but walks on a beach, pineapple and spicy foods. I tried them all but my little rascal was too comfy in there to come out ha ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

April would be a nice name if it's a girl!

still here girls, on my way to hosp soon so hopefully they'll do a sweep and I might go myself. Looking like it will be a April baby tho....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Hi all, am now 40+2. Had hospital appointment this morning. Had the sweep and got a date for starting induction this day week. After the sweep am feeling confident that I may go myself within the week. The doc said could go in next 72 hrs. Babs is engaged and all that. Going to try and do plenty walking etc to see if I can bring it on. Shame about the weather tho.
    However saying that I am perfectly content as I am. Not really bothered by being overdue, as I always told myself I would be.
    The good news for me is that baby is unlikely to be more than 7lbs, so small baby to puch out:D
    Hope ye're all doing ok, will watch for the updates.

Hi girls, so I am still here too.. 40+1 today.. my midwife never even mentioned sweep so I was not even sure what it is till I red more about it today. The midwife dont want to see me again till next wed when I would be 40+8 which seams to me a bit late ..if they were doing the sweep ..
    God I am really draggin it now.. I really wanted as natural way of birth as possible and it just seams now its all gonna be the other way around :(
    Let me know how you got on in hosp hun...

Hey girls back from hosp, was waiting ages. Got my sweep done and doc said to expect some bleeding tonight but got heavy bleeding less then 5 min later. Luckily my mam was there so had to get her to ask one of the midwives for a pad. She said to my ma that they'd most likely be seeing me back in a few hours as thats a sign its the start of things.

Not going to get to excited tho but have been getting cramps since, got last appointment for next weds and i'll be brought in that evening or thurs morning if i haven't gone myself.

Elle be glad u didn't get sweep i found it quite painful

Hiya Bulmersgal, well hopefully things will move forward for you after the sweep...
    I am going to see my GP at 6pm tonite so i will see what he suggest me to do...
    I was kind of ok about going few days over but now I am really consious and feel like I should have had the baby already.. its probably coz his parents keep calling every two hours and looking for news :mad:
    Hope you are not in too much pain!!! Keep me posted anyway.
    Which hosp you having your baby in again?

I just keep tellin myself that i'm due next weds, the doc said first baby usually go 5 days over. Not in pain now from it, just at the time. Getting some cramps like period pain.

I'm having my baby in the coombe, where u having urs?

Got asked by some junkie for a urine sample in the toilet at the hosp, I was like wtf?

Ah ok.. though you mite be still in pain after the sweep. I am having my little one in Holles st. just the closest one to home really..
    Heard similar stories about Combee before..I know WTF..its scary!!!
    I will try and relax a bit more about the over due fact.. I think its just seeing you and our Cork mamy to be going for sweeps made me feel like I should be getting one too ha ha
    I had a cramps yesterday for about 4 hours.. they were coming regulary in intervals of about 7 mins and lasted well around minute but then I had the hottest indian dish and it all went again ha ha
    Well will see.. no pains or cramps today so far..will just try to relax about it I guess..
    The best of luck to you! You could be mammy by this time tomorrow ;-)

Elle13 wrote: »
    Ah ok.. though you mite be still in pain after the sweep. I am having my little one in Holles st. just the closest one to home really..
    Heard similar stories about Combee before..I know WTF..its scary!!!
    I will try and relax a bit more about the over due fact.. I think its just seeing you and our Cork mamy to be going for sweeps made me feel like I should be getting one too ha ha
    I had a cramps yesterday for about 4 hours.. they were coming regulary in intervals of about 7 mins and lasted well around minute but then I had the hottest indian dish and it all went again ha ha
    Well will see.. no pains or cramps today so far..will just try to relax about it I guess..
    The best of luck to you! You could be mammy by this time tomorrow ;-)
    you sound like your in labour elle????????

i got told my cramps were helping my cervix soften and that they are actually doing something and urs seem worse then mine so I reckon they are doing something as well.

my pain is gradually getting stronger, it feels like really bad period pain whereas earlier it only felt like period pains. Going to try go for sleep just in case it does kick off tonight

now ladies why do i think that either bulmergal and elle will have a little bundle later to night, cos i fell it in my waters that you both are in labour. never herd about those little cramps. mind you my two lads were both c-section.s..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Nicki123

Bulmersgirl - I was in exactly the same situation as you this day last year. I got a bit emotional reading your post as it brought all the memories back. I had a sweep earlier in the day then later on the period pains started. I headed into hospital on April 1st and she eventually appeared on April 2nd :rolleyes:
    My advice to you is to get some rest now if you can, have something light to eat and if you have an exercise ball get bouncing on it - apparently it helps the baby into the correct position for birth. Best of luck - the next few days will be the most momentous of your life :)

• Advertisement

blond45 wrote: »
    you sound like your in labour elle????????

Well I doubt I am as I have no pains or anything else today :(

bulmersgal wrote: »
    i got told my cramps were helping my cervix soften and that they are actually doing something and urs seem worse then mine so I reckon they are doing something as well.

my pain is gradually getting stronger, it feels like really bad period pain whereas earlier it only felt like period pains. Going to try go for sleep just in case it does kick off tonight

The best of luck Bulmersgal.. I think this could be it for you!
    I have been with my GP this evening and he said all is set up to start.. apparently only a question of time.. he said he can not see me to go on for much longer so will see what the next few days bring :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭fi1979

Bulmersgal, from what I understand normal to have cramps after the sweep. I've was like that earlier in the day too, and have been bleeding since.

I'm starting to wonder about Mozzattack tho, she started this thread and nothing since??

Also wonder if any news of Cathy...

Yea still here getting more bloody discharge again nothing like yest tho. Still getting few cramps but not like yest going to go on big walk now so hoping that might start things moving again. Baby feels lower then yest tho :D

I hope Mozzattack had her baby and I seen Cathy on preg board yest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭Noreen1

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Yea still here getting more bloody discharge again nothing like yest tho. Still getting few cramps but not like yest going to go on big walk now so hoping that might start things moving again. Baby feels lower then yest tho :D

I hope Mozzattack had her baby and I seen Cathy on preg board yest

Bet you go into labour in the next12 hours!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

hi all,

sorry haven't been back to the thread but had my hospital appointment yesterday, only to be told that if nothing happens at weekend, i am to come in on Monday morning at 9am and have been told that they won't be letting me out without my baby in tow! i am to be started on the gel thing and take it from there.
    i felt nothing much yesterday but since getting up today (not long ago, i must add!!!) i have some cramps down there.

hope that i go on my own as have heard that induce is not nice and is alot worse.

don't know what this "sweep" is as no one mentioned it yesterday and i didn't ask either.

Hi girls,

just checking in.. nothing happening at my end.. I only got up there about an hour ago.. had few pains here and there during nite but nothing to be too excited about I would think.. baby just gave me few wobly moves so I know its still in there ha ha
    Will keep you posted if anything is happening..

hi all,

sorry haven't been back to the thread but had my hospital appointment yesterday, only to be told that if nothing happens at weekend, i am to come in on Monday morning at 9am and have been told that they won't be letting me out without my baby in tow! i am to be started on the gel thing and take it from there.
    i felt nothing much yesterday but since getting up today (not long ago, i must add!!!) i have some cramps down there.

hope that i go on my own as have heard that induce is not nice and is alot worse.

don't know what this "sweep" is as no one mentioned it yesterday and i didn't ask either.

Em, induced labour can sometimes be not nice - and sometimes it's no different to normal labour. It depends on how "ripe" (soft) your cervix is. (among other things) If your cervix is already soft, then you are ready to go into labour at any time, anyway, so it makes little or no difference. If, on the other hand, you're seven weeks prem., and your body is not at all ready for labour,- then my experience is that, yes, it makes a big difference. There is honestly no hard and fast rule for labour, induced or otherwise. My own personal experience is that every labour is different - honestly.
    Relax, get plenty of sleep, it will all happen, and when it's all over and you have your little bundle of joy, you'll wonder what you were worrying about. :D

Noreen

Elle13 wrote: »
    Hi girls, so I am still here too.. 40+1 today.. my midwife never even mentioned sweep so I was not even sure what it is till I red more about it today. The midwife dont want to see me again till next wed when I would be 40+8 which seams to me a bit late ..if they were doing the sweep ..
    God I am really draggin it now.. I really wanted as natural way of birth as possible and it just seams now its all gonna be the other way around :(
    Let me know how you got on in hosp hun...

I'm guessing this is your first baby?
    It is very common for a first baby to be overdue, and still not need to be induced. The reason for this is that a first baby usually doesn't "engage" (basically, move down into the birth position) until just before labour starts naturally. A second or third baby can engage a couple of weeks before the birth, though, again, some of them can still turn somersaults until just before labour starts. Your midwife will take this, and the condition of your cervix into account before making any decision to induce.

Try not to get stressed about due dates - there is no guarantee that you got pregnant on day 14 of your cycle, exactly. It could just as easily have been day 12 or 16, for example.(Easier said than done when you're dying to see your new baby, I know.)

Your midwife will know when baby is ready to appear, and will decide then whether you need to be induced, or not. Apart from being uncomfortable for a while longer, going a bit overdue definitely wont do either you or baby any harm. Just get as much sleep as you can until baby appears LOL.

Noreen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hey girls

do not envy any of you on this thread, i went 13 days over, 12with my second and 7 with my first... so i know how it feels:D

the gel is given to soften the cervix and given 8 hours later if needed to soften it more, this is usually enough to start labour if you're overdue, but if not then they'll do an AMR (artificial membrane rupture) and hook u up to the oxitocin drip, its the drip that'll start the contractions if it's not happening after the waters go, ususally when the waters are broken the baby has more space to move down and this will trigger the cervix to contract.... it's a more intense labour as the body hasn't had the slow build up it would normally have,

I hope this is helpful, but above all don't worry, the more you panic the more you tend to work against yourself.. us women are strong enough to do it and as soon as you hold your baba in your arms the pain turns to joy and that's what you remember..;)

I wish you all the best of luck and i can't wait to hear your news.:D

Advertisement