Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graffiti in Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I was on to the council today reporting graffiti , used the freephone hotline number 1800201093.

The girl asked whats the location of the graffiti , i said the town of rush. She said can I be more specific. My reply was well no not really its all over the town, i said pick an estate or road and you can find it.

I asked her to send me out some cleaning stuff ill do around my area cos some of the residents in the cairn/cliffllands are not the most active at cleaning up.

Not quite sure thats the answer to send you out cleaning stuff, but fair play to you for showing civic pride. There used to be a very good Residents Assoc over there. They were very active and done some good work. Are any of your neighbours interested in helping you? You could print up a little note and drop it in a few doors around you. think Lambay View has a residents Assoc will ask at work tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Seamus Etherson of 20 Lambay View is heading the residents Assoc in Lambay View AFAIK.

Hope that's of some help.

Seamus Etherson of 20 Lambay View is heading the residents Assoc in Lambay View AFAIK.

Hope that's of some help.

I know Seamus quite well and will try and get some info of him this week and will post up what I can

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭ToyotaCorolla

I asked around regards a residents association for cliffflands,wood dale rd and the cairn , one did exist but seems to have disbanded some time ago :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭TangyZizzle

If any of yas have kids, nephews, neices, cousins or know ANYONE attending the local schools.. an easy way to find out who the culprits are, would be to simply ask "dya know anyone in your class or year thats into graffiti?,"

Bet that solves your problem.

A lot of moaning going on, everyone sitting in their living room keeping an eye out their window is gonna do sweet fúck all to stop them as they may be just kids.. but theyre not retarded.. Theyll obv be gettin up to no good in the middle of the night when everyones asleep.

edit: but fair play to the lads that sent the emails off, and to anyone that manages to catch one of the lil f-ers.

Also Id be careful in just assuming its "eastern europeans" they speak english.. they make national friends, friends with the same artistic interests.. jus sayin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

suggestions on what we can do then?

unless you do 24 hour stake out you wont be guarenteed to catch anyone. I would imagine we are all more vigilant to it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 asdfghjkl123456

i'm 17 and i know who is doing this, and as i've lived here for my whole life, it makes the place look like s**t. it will be sorted soon

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Khannie its spooky how you seem to have the same thoughts as me only yesterday I was looking on line at getting some sort of surveillance camera , cleaning up some walls and waiting for them to crawl out from their rocks.

I'm very seriously on for this and that includes shelling out some cash and painting over heavily graffiti'd areas. The deterrent factor for future wannabes would be *huge*.
    DEALEXTREME.COM have some equipment free post and all from hong kong!!

You'd need a reasonable resolution to nail them in court plus something that is capable of time lapse and / or recording based on motion detection and / or battery powered, but some of their gear looks ok. If you had 4 or 5 people chipping in it would only be around 30 euro each.

To asdfghjkl123456 when you say you know who is doing it and it will be sorted is that in a michael corleone style :)

Council dropped out a Graffiti kit other day I was surprised at the content of it plenty of stuff in it havent had a chance to try it out yet the stuff seems fairly strong. If anyone needs stuf to clean there walls etc ring freephone 1800201093 and tell them you want a kit the litter warden will drop it out.

I was raging I missed him when he called I was hoping to quiz him on why council walls are not been cleaned up

• Advertisement

Got this reply from the council today
    I refer to your email regarding graffiti at Clifflands. I referred your complaint to our Parks Division and I received the following response from Kevin Halpenny, Senior Parks Superintendent.

The situation at this location is that the bulk of the graffiti is on walls bounding private gardens at St. Catherine’s, Dale View, Lambay View, Clifflands and Thornleigh Estate and these walls are the responsibility of the residents in these estates. Some graffiti is on a remnant section of freestanding wall within the open space and it is our intention to remove this wall and regrade the land as appropriate as soon as resources allow. I expect this to be possible within the next couple of months. Graffiti on any other structures in the vicinity of this area is being dealt with on a regular ongoing basis.

The Council’s Environment Department will assist residents who wish to remove graffiti from private property with brushes and paint. This can be arranged by contacting the Litter Management Unit on our FreeFone number 1800 20 10 93. We can be contacted between 9.00am and 5.00pm Mon– Thurs and 9.00am – 4.30pm (Fri) or you can e-mail: envserv@fingalcoco.ie .

Regards

PJ Howell
    Director of Services

went to the gardai about it too. although the lads in rush were very helpful there is nothing they can do unless they catch them themselves.

i had some good evidence pointing towards a gang of lads fromt he local school but all the evidence is circumstantial according to the gardai.

The thing is that is a cop out by the guards no pun intended, if they visted the local school made a few enquries , set up a few cameras in the town they might get some where. If the will was there they could do it and catch them.

Sure look at good friday gangs of youths sitting in the woods drinking like fishes, the woods looked like a warzone the next a day and this across the road from the police station.

was talking to a friend of mine who is a garda in blanchardstown and he said i should pursue this matteer with the superintendant that is in charge of rush.

although the lads were mannerly and couteous my friend reckoned that what they told me was a load of bull and something more should be done about it.

so next week more letters are being sent! sure its worth a try

They're at it again on the side of xtra-vision, they wrote "please dont buff," haha. Other places Iv seen the tags "SIG" and "GHOST" appear, are on someones garden wall just after centra as youre leaving Rush, on the containers at the football pitch on the way into Lusk from Rush, on a wall in the train station, and on EVERY fúcking busstop between Rush and Lusk.... did they walk from town to town hitting up every place they could think of? ..Jesus.

you can get your lads on the case a bit of extra ciricular training. Ha ha. Well i think every time they pray somewhere it needs to be reported. The problem is , is catching them. And sig is not a single tag its a gang. They share that tag and have their own separate tag too. The internet is a magical place where you can fine out anythioh with enough time. there is about 5 lads doing the whole lot. 2 of which are especially active as you can see from the reoccurance of particular tags. And i know its crap but as we have seen the council wont clean your wall. But to deter these idiots we have to keep cleaning it. I reckon it might did down a bit now that they are back at school.

asdfghjkl123456 knows who done it maybe give us some crpytic clues and let us guess who they are

i know who has done it too. i not going to annouce it as A) the gardai say its circumstantial evisdence and B) i have another trick up my sleeve ;)

What do they mean by "its all circumstantial," Iv seen pages on a social networking site where they have taken credit for individual works in the form of comments under the picture... is that not evidence enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Have you given these links to the Gardaí?

• Advertisement

TangyZizzle care to post one of the links , PM me if you cant stick them up

Aye - PM is best. (You can copy me too. ;))

Hill Billy wrote: »
    Have you given these links to the Gardaí?

no
    TangyZizzle care to post one of the links , PM me if you cant stick them up

done
    Hill Billy wrote: »
    Aye - PM is best. (You can copy me too. ;))

what?

what?
    PM me a copy of the links.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

This is the kind of thread I was looking for!..

A mate left his van parked up overnight in Rush over the weekend and got badly 'tagged'.

Anyway, long and short of it - one of the lads in his son's class says its well known about the town that this little asswipe is responsible for the majority of the tagging around the place - The Ass Wipe!.

Anyone recognize any of the stuff?.

Surely someone knows who the lads are in the various pictures , a lot some to be Lithuanian (and before anyone thows in the PC card, they are !!) few local lads too judging by the pictures

Surely someone knows who the lads are in the various pictures , a lot some to be Lithuanian (and before anyone thows in the PC card, they are !!) few local lads too judging by the pictures

I couldnt open the photos to view them but agree a lot are non-nationals. Few locals also. I will be making a few enquiries tomorrow. I would suggest sending link to St. Josephs School. Dont think the principle will be very pleased if its one of her students, also for the posters here should send link to schools in Skerries and Balbriggan
    Its a form of art in some European countries but its totally out of hand around Rush and Fingal in general.

Its an art-form regardless of what part of the world you are in. Im not arguing what theyre doing isnt illegal(cos it is) or is in fact good(cos its not.. its shíte) but just remember its some stupid kids with a bit of spare cash that have to ruin something great and wonderful for the rest of us.

Also, if ya cant see the pics, creat a bebo account, and add the page, its not rocket science people.

Agree it some little idiotwith spare cash also agree it trash and its ruining the place. But no thanks wont be joining Bebo.

Can someone copy the photo and send it to Gardái?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Also, if ya cant see the pics, creat a bebo account, and add the page, its not rocket science people.

The people you are angry with are not posting in this thread, take it easy!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement