Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

can't find Amber petrol station. Is it in city center? do you know the street please? :confused:
    Autosport wrote: »
    Amber or Blackquarry I think

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭Julius Seizure

College Road. Also Top in Hebron!

What's the best and cheapest place for car wash in Kilkenny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

What's the best and cheapest place for car wash in Kilkenny?

The lads over by the Callan Road roundabout do a good job it's in behind the Honda garage they charge 7euro for a car.

• Advertisement

Is the price including cleaning of car inside?
    obezyana wrote: »
    The lads over by the Callan Road roundabout do a good job it's in behind the Honda garage they charge 7euro for a car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

Is the price including cleaning of car inside?

Nope just the outside for 7. I don't know what they charge for a valet I usually take the 2min spin over to them to have my car washed if I'm feeling to lazy to do it myself and I think they do a good job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Has the Jakes Legacy thread been taken down guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Yes

road_high wrote: »
    Has the Jakes Legacy thread been taken down guys?
    Yea - it seems to be. I'm not surprised. Regardless of what peoples' opinions are - some things are better left unsaid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

inthehat wrote: »
    Yea - it seems to be. I'm not surprised. Regardless of what peoples' opinions are - some things are better left unsaid.

I don't agree. That's what's wrong with this country. Everybody has to be PC all the time instead of saying what they're thinking.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

The Jake's legacy thread was deleted as it turned into a train wreck , there will also be a court case and we cannot discuss on going court cases, so for now it is a forbidden subject

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Jake's legacy thread was deleted as it turned into a train wreck , there will also be a court case and we cannot discuss on going court cases, so for now it is a forbidden subject

Mod Note:

If anybody wishes to question this further, contact myself or Cabaal. I've spoken with a number of people on this matter already today. Please do not keep creating threads and trying to create discussions on a matter that the moderation team have removed, for very appropriate reasons including what Captain Havoc said above. I'd rather not get into a public discussion about why, but I am more than happy to respond to PMs on the subject.

I understand it's a sensitive discussion, and it's regretful that it cannot be discussed, but it's in everybody's best interest that it's called a day and the family can be let grieve. Thanks for your help with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,070 ✭✭✭Xenophile

I must send an email to the Pope asking him with immediate effect to change the Patron Saint of Cats to Saint Kieran!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Anyone know where I can watch la classique tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Any idea what time the lights are being switch on on Saturday (if its this Saturday)?

Heard an advert the other day on KCLR looking for staff for a shop setting up in Kilkenny selling "discount designer clothing" or such like. Anyone know who or what this may be? Only place I could think they'd be going would into MacDonagh? Nowhere else with vacant units of any size in town....

I think we should try and get Dave Mulcahy on the Irish cover of FIFA 16. Even though I'm a Rovers fan, I think Dave is an all-round nice guy and good servant of Irish football over the last twenty odd years. So, if you want vote for Dave here, select Bohemians and Dave Mulcahy. Other Kilkenny players are Mikey Drennan at Shamrock Rovers, Gavan Holohan of Cork City and Seani Maguire with Dundalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭linny

road_high wrote:
    Heard an advert the other day on KCLR looking for staff for a shop setting up in Kilkenny selling "discount designer clothing" or such like. Anyone know who or what this may be? Only place I could think they'd be going would into MacDonagh? Nowhere else with vacant units of any size in town....

Didn't hear advert. But maybe it maybe something to do with the old Sam mccauley shop on high Street. Did anyone hear who has taken this store yet

linny wrote: »
    Didn't hear advert. But maybe it maybe something to do with the old Sam mccauley shop on high Street. Did anyone hear who has taken this store yet

Only heard it the once, rarely listen to KCLR! Yea, could be indeed. One of the few larger empty units in town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Geronimo90

Anyone know where there are regular poker games/nights around the town? does the one in o loughlins still run?

Great news for the city and indeed Clonmel/Waterford too;

http://www.newstalk.com/Over-70-new-jobs-for-Kilkenny-and-Waterford

"US security company CipherTechs Inc. is establishing its EMEA headquarters in Kilkenny - with the creation of 36 new jobs over five years."

These sound like high quality jobs. Wonder where they going to locate in KK?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What was with the Gardai today?? The city was crawling with them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

What was with the Gardai today?? The city was crawling with them
    Probably part of Operation Storm. They had checkpoints backed up by ARU, heli and mounted unit going around Carlow on the 1st day of the op.
    http://kclr96fm.com/gardai-launch-6-week-operation-storm-across-carlow-and-kilkenny/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

slimjimmc wrote: »
    Probably part of Operation Storm. They had checkpoints backed up by ARU, heli and mounted unit going around Carlow on the 1st day of the op.
    http://kclr96fm.com/gardai-launch-6-week-operation-storm-across-carlow-and-kilkenny/

I got stopped on the backroad from Ballyragget to Castlecomer by two Gardai yesterday. They didn't seem interested in checking tax or anything, just got me to approach, asked me how I was and sent me on my way. Was utterly confused but it makes sense now!

Be careful on the Waterford road, looks like a speed van is setting up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Well done Autosport, the one that sets up just after the roundabout on the Callan Road needs watching too. It is getting to the stage that one now spends more time looking at the dials in the car than the road, however go to the Kennyswell road and see the best in traffic management, just before the bridge and traffic lights we have a 30km sign painted in the road and a 50 km sign on a pole next to it, rather jolly.
    We were passing through Castledermot on Saturday and stopped for a coffee, suddenly there was a tap on the window and this lad in blue stripped shorts was asking if we could help him get to Waterford, sorry we are going towards Punchestown, ah he had his wife and child in the car and they needed money to get to Waterford, was this a genuine plea he had a small blue Peugeot and yes it was vy the pump with a woman sitting in the back, he cottoned on to our English accent and said his wife was from Hackney in east London.
    Luckily perhaps we seldom carry actual cash, the odd coin we had about a fivers worth, which we gave him, he could see there was no more and toddled off.
    Everyone whom we have told this tale too said it was a scam, now if it was he is doing an injustice to the travelling community, there are many folk who are decent hard working types, but on the other hand was it genuine and we have done this family an injustice, what do you think.

Foxy I heard some exciting rumours today and I thought you might be interested. Asda are rumoured to be coming to Kilkenny ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Autosport, that is indeed very interesting news, where would they fit in the current set up, i get the feeling the market cross supervalue is not all expected, rather like the dunnes at the station. I must confess i was not an asda shopper, well not on a regular basis, but having said that i still shop at different stores. Rather like callan i still go to clonmel, something wrong with callan, but your news is exciting
    Thank you and regards foxy

• Advertisement

Foxy I heard some exciting rumours today and I thought you might be interested. Asda are rumoured to be coming to Kilkenny ;):)

Doubt it..where would they go? Seen as nearly all major out of town retail is pretty much banned in KK, the only sites I could think would be the old mart or brewery (can't see a large supermarket going in there myself either)?
    Plus Asda are not even in the Republic yet, it would be a major move for them to set up here.

Advertisement