Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

BMW thread moved here as it's non KK related.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

MidlandsM wrote: »
    its not scam, I won a new BMW X5 from the Nigerian lottery only last week...
    But I am a million better better off :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

emeldc wrote: »
    Styner High are a BMW dealership in the UK. It must be legit :rolleyes:
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION REFERENCE BMW LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKE SCAM.
    05/06/2013

IMPORTANT INFORMATION REFERENCE BMW LOTTERY SWEEPSTAKE SCAM
    It has been brought to our attention that Sytner High Wycombe’s business details are currently being used in a lottery scam.

Please be informed that we are not taking part in any BMW LOTTERY Sweepstakes Promotion held inGermanyand we have not given permission for our company details to be used in this way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Never seen or heard anything quite like this thunderstorm....

Massive bangs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

Never seen or heard anything quite like this thunderstorm....

Massive bangs.

Unreal! Was ESB gone in town? Mine was gone but its back now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Mine went out very briefly, got a bit freaked with the pc and everything turning itself off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Seems to have stopped now, that was pretty ferocious !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not a thing heard in the north of the county, only been raining last hour or so. Maybe it's on the way?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

What's with the helicopter flying over the city all day?? It's been flying on and off since about 8 this morning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Was in the cinema today, and they now have assigned seating. You have to choose between lower, middle or upper tier now when you ask for a ticket

Any reason why? Is it purely for accountability sake for people who go in to the screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭pueblo

Daemos wrote: »
    Was in the cinema today, and they now have assigned seating. You have to choose between lower, middle or upper tier now when you ask for a ticket

Any reason why? Is it purely for accountability sake for people who go in to the screen?

Maybe I'm missing your point but how would that make you accountable?? Do you have to give your name/address too when you buy a ticket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

pueblo wrote: »
    Maybe I'm missing your point but how would that make you accountable?? Do you have to give your name/address too when you buy a ticket?
    I was just thinking they could see what rubbish is left behind in what seats, and check cameras at the till to see who was there, or who brought food in with them without buying it there. I know it's a stretch, but I can't think of any other reason why they'd introduce assigned seating, there was nothing wrong with the system they had before?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

Load of cod's wallop, the non existent system before was simple, they obviously have nothing much else to do, though if audiences rise there might be some mileage.
    The other night we went to see the spooky film, our son decided to sit behind us, the place was a usual far from full, just before the film was about to start two girls came along and asked him to move as he was in their seat, the whole row was empty, the other side of the aisle had no one sitting in it.
    Freedom is a fine thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Bit of a rant so apologies.

Came down to Kilkenny to do a bit of car shopping. Visited 5 places n only one had any prices available and trying to find a salesman to talk to was ridiculous. Maybe it was just too cold for them but even trying to get information was a nightmare.

Owryan wrote: »
    Bit of a rant so apologies.

Came down to Kilkenny to do a bit of car shopping. Visited 5 places n only one had any prices available and trying to find a salesman to talk to was ridiculous. Maybe it was just too cold for them but even trying to get information was a nightmare.

Hate car shopping, lot of places feel they deserve you money without having to do a lot for it. Haven't had to endure it for a few years due to lack of funds but not enjoyable. Found Carlow and Kilkenny fairly similar in their crapness of service when I went, same in England though, I think its part of the training scheme!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyonr know the best pubs in Kilkenny for over 30s?? with good music?

Doubt it merits a new thread, anyway. The ownership of the cinema is changing, the Wards will be running it rather than the Andersons (The two families aren't getting on and have split the Omniplex's around the country. Think the Wards got Clonmel and Carlow) It will be called IMC I think, and they are going to be looking for a new site as they aren't keen on current location. Sadly, the Wards were the one in dispute with distributor so looks like they might still miss out on films.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyonr know the best pubs in Kilkenny for over 30s?? with good music?

Ryan's in Friary Street. Run by a diamond of a guy, Arthur Drone. Great atmosphere & great bands.

Kilkenny cinema goers will probably be happy to hear assigned seating is being done away with when the cinema gets rebranded after the shake up is all finished.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Dores opticians are looking for planning permission on the old NIB site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I kinda remember a hotel (or an hotel) in the NIB building. Can anyone tell me what it was called, it's driving me mad. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

madmaggie wrote: »
    I kinda remember a hotel (or an hotel) in the NIB building. Can anyone tell me what it was called, it's driving me mad. :confused:

Imperial Hotel

Thanks, shane0007, that put me out of my misery!

I was the recipient of a random act of kindness today in the marble city. I parked way too close to a pillar in Market Cross, and was nearly crying trying to reverse out when a kindly gent helped out. Nice to know good people out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Hector122

anyone know of any places taking on students for part time work?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

I heard Supervalu have hired a few. Lots of students have already secured work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MrAnderson101

Any jobs going lads? ....broke student!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭masterboy123

what's the cheapest pump to get petrol in city?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

what's the cheapest pump to get petrol in city?

Amber or Blackquarry I think

Advertisement