Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat chat: general off topic discussion.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Was the girlfriends name kenny?

*I'll get my coat.*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pistorius is a kind of saw
    Saws are a kind of blade
    Blade killed vampires
    Vampires have pointy cat like fangs
    Kilkenny hurlers are called the Cats

Nailed it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Brings a new meaning to taking your girlfriend out for Valentine's.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

551552_10200697283140484_231767781_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

I'd say he hasn't a leg to stand on :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

I am going to go out on a limb, say he has stumped up for an expensive lawyer and say his defence will be he had too much to drink and was legless

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Did anyone see the 2 men running on the M9 wednesday evening heading from the Waterford direction heading to the Kilkenny/Links road direction. Kinda scared me to see and before anyone asks there was no car/vehicle breakdown as i was driving past them and didnt see anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

I took that photograph and put it on Facebook! Thief! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Autosport wrote: »
    Did anyone see the 2 men running on the M9 wednesday evening heading from the Waterford direction heading to the Kilkenny/Links road direction. Kinda scared me to see and before anyone asks there was no car/vehicle breakdown as i was driving past them and didnt see anything.

Lot of break ins lately in kk. Motorway exit areas apparently hot spots. 3 guys from Tallaght caught in south kk last week doing houses. Might not be what you saw though.

mydogjack wrote: »
    Lot of break ins lately in kk. Motorway exit areas apparently hot spots. 3 guys from Tallaght caught in south kk last week doing houses. Might not be what you saw though.

Didnt think of that, they were lucky i had merged onto the motorway as i would have hit them otherwise as you dont expect to see people running towards you on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I know it has been done to death at this stage.....
    but here is The Marble City Barbers featuring The Liam McCarthy Cup doing the Harlem Shake!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Am I the only one who thinks the Harlem shake is the most retarded thing ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Arawn wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks the Harlem shake is the most retarded thing ever?

The music is pretty crap .... the dancing is completely useless .... but you can't help but get enticed by what mayhem will happen when everyone joins in! :pac:

(it is getting very old very quickly though!)

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭mydogjack

Credit where credit is due though. Fair play to all in the Barber shop for that effort and poor Liam McCarthy himself was involved.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Wimbago

Think the guys that organised the big Harlem Shake on the parade missed the point of it. Well the camera man did anyhow. Shame, had great potential with the size of the crowd that showed up

Wimbago wrote: »
    Think the guys that organised the big Harlem Shake on the parade missed the point of it. Well the camera man did anyhow. Shame, had great potential with the size of the crowd that showed up

Was ****ing delighted how **** it was when It was shown to me. Now let the ****ing thing die

Delighted to see the Cats Laugh is back again this year :)

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Whats-On/the-cat-laughs-comedy-festival/505650

Rumours are Sky will be this years sponsors. Pretty substantial backing if so given the organisers have kept it going without a main sponsor for 2 years.

its on the site so is no rumor. mike wilmot is back :)

Great stuff. Should get it a bit of decent coverage that's been lacking the last couple of years (purely from a funding POV, not from effort of the organisers).

Bring it on, always a great weekend in town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sky should definitely raise the profile of the Cat Laughs in the UK which is great for the tourism market, hopefully they might have some kind of show on Sky Arts from it. I see on the site they are going to premiere an episode of Moone Boy at the festival too, which is a nice touch. Between them and Today FM, its hopefully going to get a big push this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I’m calling the spelling police.:eek:

oyhve.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

KK4SAM wrote: »
    I’m calling the spelling police.:eek:

oyhve.jpg

Front page error as well, ouch

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Town seems even busier the past few weekends, summer defo kicking off.

I would like to thank the numpty who was turning right at the roundabout on the Freshford Rd without using her indicators. Despite my best gesturing to her, I still don't think she understands the necessity of their function.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

I would like to thank the numpty who was turning right at the roundabout on the Freshford Rd without using her indicators. Despite my best gesturing to her, I still don't think she understands the necessity of their function.

Not many people do. Either that or there is a lot of faulty vehicles out there that are missing a vital piece of equipment

Not many people do. Either that or there is a lot of faulty vehicles out there that are missing a vital piece of equipment

They are an added extra if you want them on your car ;) I myself went a bit wild and got them on mine :D

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

Hi guys
    I received an e- mail the other morning telling me I won a BMW 5 series car along with a million euro all I had to do was ring a phone no and tell the guy my address and name .
    Naaturally it is some kinda scam so not going to bother ringing etc
    The catch is the phone no is prob one of those ones that is v expensive to ring and your kept on the line for ages
    Just wondering if anyone received this e- mail ?
    The e-mail address was :sytnerhighcustomercare101@manager.in.th
    also this no was attached 086 60560170 (seems too long for a mobile no even though it suggests it is a mobile no )

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

its not scam, I won a new BMW X5 from the Nigerian lottery only last week...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Styner High are a BMW dealership in the UK. It must be legit :rolleyes:

Advertisement