Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

** ALL ** Passport Related Questions in here! Please Read Post#1 first!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Twillix wrote: »
    My point is that, as as referenced on the website, there is supposed to be a "next day" delivery to the the Passport office, which is what they take into account when they qoute a 10 day turn around (or 13 days as it is now)

3.Passport Express provides a next working day delivery service to the Passport Service for applications submitted to Post Offices

It's probably in a blue box in the passport office waiting to be registered. When they get around to it depends on how much stuff they get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Twillix

Thanks JohnMearsheimer,I would say they are getting tonnes of applications in alright so it must take time to scan them all in. I left a decent amount of time before I need my passport so I'm sure it will be ok, great to have the confirmation from An Post that it definitly arrived though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 willium

HI all,

I am looking at the rapid renewal service available at molesworth st Dublin, it reads that it will "facilitate where possible the renewal of a passport for an adult or child traveling in less than 3 working days"

Where later on the same page of the dfa website it says "it will take a minimum of 3 working days"

Has anyone any experience with this pilot service ? actual turn around times ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I asked on here before but my circumstances have since changed.

I'm supposed to be going to Germany with school in November so I'm wondering.

My parents are divorced and I have seen my father in 11 years, he lives in England.

So am I right in thinking my Mam needs to get a court order to claim she's my sole guardian?

Could I not just get her to sign my passport form and leave the part for my father blank as he isn't in the country?

Does anyone know how much a court order would cost?

Thank in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Josieg

I am livid! Applied for our wee fellas first passport using the 10 day service. 3 weeks later we receive a reply with a refusal and a new form. They said that the photos were incorrectly signed by the Garda. How the hell am I supposed to know what the correct way is??! To make matters worse they didn't send back the photos so we will have to fork put another €10 for new ones. What can I do now? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get a passport by going to the passport office myself?

We are supposed to be going on our first family holiday in 3 weeks time. Not likely to be possible now I'd imagine :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Josieg wrote: »
    I am livid! Applied for our wee fellas first passport using the 10 day service. 3 weeks later we receive a reply with a refusal and a new form. They said that the photos were incorrectly signed by the Garda. How the hell am I supposed to know what the correct way is??! To make matters worse they didn't send back the photos so we will have to fork put another €10 for new ones. What can I do now? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a way to get a passport by going to the passport office myself?

We are supposed to be going on our first family holiday in 3 weeks time. Not likely to be possible now I'd imagine :(

The 10 day service is for renewals and not first time applicants.

Photos should have the form number, garda station stamp and the garda's signature. They probably kept the photos because the form number on the back of the form and the form number on the back of the photo that the garda writes should match. It's so the passport office staff know that the picture is that of the applicant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

How the hell am I supposed to know what the correct way is??!

By reading the form and accompanying guidance notes.
    Has this happened to anyone else?

Happens more often than you'd think.

Is there a way to get a passport by going to the passport office myself? We are supposed to be going on our first family holiday in 3 weeks time. Not likely to be possible now I'd imagine :(

If you make an appointment on www.passportappointments.ie and go in to the office you might still get the passport on time, although you may have to pay for a turnaround fee. You can get a passport within a minimum of 3 working days via the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭jdooley28

Just tracking my passport renewal on the passport.ie website there. The passport issue date is today but its status is 'registered', the very first stage before its been checked or approved/sent out to me.

Is the issue date when they actually issued the passport or just an estimate they have?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Applied for an express on the 1st, shows as registered on the 2nd and noting since.. Need it for the 26th, I assumed four working weeks would be plenty but maybe not :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

First time application?

Nope. Renewal.. Phoned this morning and was told I should have it by Wednesday. I am not too optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mooell308

Hi,

I was wondering what the story is on a passport when you report it as lost/stolen. I left in an application yesterday and of course today my "lost" passport shows up. Do they normally mark a lost passport as invalid immediately after getting an application or do they take a few days? If so, is it possible to cancel a passport application before it reaches the "approved" stage, such as if I went in tomorrow? I'm pretty sure this passport is no good any more and I have no-one to blame but myself, but I can't help but hope I might be able to fix the mistake.

Much thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭fxotoole

Mooell308 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was wondering what the story is on a passport when you report it as lost/stolen. I left in an application yesterday and of course today my "lost" passport shows up. Do they normally mark a lost passport as invalid immediately after getting an application or do they take a few days? If so, is it possible to cancel a passport application before it reaches the "approved" stage, such as if I went in tomorrow? I'm pretty sure this passport is no good any more and I have no-one to blame but myself, but I can't help but hope I might be able to fix the mistake.

Much thanks.

Takes a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,607 ✭✭✭✭briany

mloc123 wrote: »
    Applied for an express on the 1st, shows as registered on the 2nd and noting since.. Need it for the 26th, I assumed four working weeks would be plenty but maybe not :rolleyes:

As regards to getting your application processed within the time stated by the express service, that seems to be a bit of a lottery. You might, and you might not, basically. It seems to be that way right throughout the high season for applications. They should really make that caveat more clear on the forms themselves, if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

If you ask me, people should be more organised, take responsibility for themselves, and fill out their application forms properly more than 2 weeks before they need a passport instead of blaming an organisation for not adhering to timelines that they clearly state are only guidelines, or rejecting application forms because they've been filled out incorrectly.

Unfortunately we seem to live in a society where it's always somebody elses fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Hi guys,

I submitted a passport express application through anpost today, and wanted to know if it's possible to track it in anpost site to see when it reaches the passport office?

I've been entering the anpost code on the receipt ( starts with PX and finishes with IE) and no results are shown.

Any clues?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 jadeshell

Hi wondering if anyone can help. Flying out on holidays on sat. Last min deal holiday. Passport for baby arrived in the passport office and was registered on the 11th of sep. So that means 12 working days until the day before we go. If I go into molesworth street tomorrow with my tickets will they do anything for me ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

You need to have an appointment and first passport can take twice as long as a renewal, it doesn't qualify for the 12 day turnaround. Try to get an appointment and be prepared to pay the extra fee

I dont mind paying the extra fee but when you go to make an appointment it tells me not to if I have already applied for passport express! Stressed out now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Hi guys!

My boyfriend applied for a passport renewal through the Express Passport service, it was received on the 9th of September according to the tracker. It's gives an issue date of September 19th, but the status is still "being checked".

We are going on holiday Saturday week (October 4th) so getting quite worried now! He's tried phoning the number loads of times but has never got through after being on hold for ages.

He's thinking of booking an appointment with the Cork passport office to show proof of travel and see what the story is, however it says on the booking form:

"Please note, do not book an online appointment to enquire about a passport application already lodged through the Passport Express service."

Should he still book an appointment anyway?

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Hi guys!

My boyfriend applied for a passport renewal through the Express Passport service, it was received on the 9th of September according to the tracker. It's gives an issue date of September 19th, but the status is still "being checked".

We are going on holiday Saturday week (October 4th) so getting quite worried now! He's tried phoning the number loads of times but has never got through after being on hold for ages.

He's thinking of booking an appointment with the Cork passport office to show proof of travel and see what the story is, however it says on the booking form:

"Please note, do not book an online appointment to enquire about a passport application already lodged through the Passport Express service."

Should he still book an appointment anyway?

I'm heading away this sat the 27th. I just went into passport office today without an appointment as I done passport express. Iv to go back in on Thursday to collect it. Although its a good sign that his is saying checked I'd say he will have his passport by Friday providing the application is filled our correctly .

So if you have passport express done you don't need an appointment?

Lia_lia wrote: »
    So if you have passport express done you don't need an appointment?

No you dont need appointment. Just go in with your tracking number and tickets

Nice one, cool. I'm off today so will pop into the Cork office there in a bit just to confirm it's okay for him to go in on Friday, his next day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Just for anyone wondering about current passport express processing times. I got my new passport this morning.

03/09/2014 Posted application using Passport Express.
    04/09/2014 Received and registered.
    23/09/2014 Approved.
    24/09/2014 Arrived in the post.

So that is a total of 15 working days from the old passport leaving my hands until I got the new one back.

Also, the old passport was returned to me and one of the photos that I submitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Formosa

DMcL1971 wrote: »
    Just for anyone wondering about current passport express processing times. I got my new passport this morning.

03/09/2014 Posted application using Passport Express.
    04/09/2014 Received and registered.
    23/09/2014 Approved.
    24/09/2014 Arrived in the post.

So that is a total of 15 working days from the old passport leaving my hands until I got the new one back.

Also, the old passport was returned to me and one of the photos that I submitted.

And to give similar info for mine, I posted it on Fri 5/9, they received it on Monday 8/9, status changed today to "Passport is printed", so if I have it tomorrow, that will also be 15 working days from the day I posted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

My passport is due to expire at the start of december, is it ok for me to apply for a new one now and just send a photocopy of the old one? i will need the old one as i work in the uk and i don't think ill have the time to sort it out next time i come home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement