Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Just watched the 4th episode tonight, great stuff.

I'm through episodes 3 and 4 now. Powerful endings to both! I knew nothing about the Daredevil character before last Friday, so finding out about
    Wilson Fisk
    has me very excited. I really loved his character in the
    Spiderman cartoons when I was a kid
    . :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Anyone else getting bored of game of thrones?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Anyone else getting bored of game of thrones?

Never.

Actually, for any GoT fans this is brilliant. The bit at 5 mins, gold!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Went to see Mad Max last night.
    Simply astounding on so many levels.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

So, I finished Breaking Bad on Wednesday.

By and large, such an epic show. Kept me hooked right throughout. However, apart from the very final episode, I thought the fifth series was very poor in comparison to what came before.
    Walt went from being a reasonably grounded sympathetic character to being a complete psycho almost instantly in series 5. I just didn't find his cruelty towards Jesse believable and it sort of tainted the show for me a bit. Like, after Hank's death, why did he say that crap about watching Jane die? I dunno, it just didn't make sense to me at all.

The final episode was class though. Walt in the cabin really brought the character full circle for me.

Now though, I need a new series to watch...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    So, I finished Breaking Bad on Wednesday.

By and large, such an epic show. Kept me hooked right throughout. However, apart from the very final episode, I thought the fifth series was very poor in comparison to what came before.
    Walt went from being a reasonably grounded sympathetic character to being a complete psycho almost instantly in series 5. I just didn't find his cruelty towards Jesse believable and it sort of tainted the show for me a bit. Like, after Hank's death, why did he say that crap about watching Jane die? I dunno, it just didn't make sense to me at all.

The final episode was class though. Walt in the cabin really brought the character full circle for me.

Now though, I need a new series to watch...

Did you find there were certain parts that just kind of dragged throughout some out the seasons.
    I found the last episonde not to be good bit disappointing the way the killed him in the end. thought it could been better or something

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Started watching that new crime series Crossing Lines, it's pretty good, and I can see some interesting storylines developing from it. :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The West Wing broke my heart and put it back together. Also, if I can be half the woman CJ Cregg is, I'll be a great human.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Titanic is on Sky Movies now.

It's one of my all time favourite films, and I haven't seen it in a number of years. Honestly, I'd forgotten just how grim and moving the final scenes are where the band are playing their last song and as the ship goes down.

For all the film's flaws, I think its depiction of the utter chaos of those final minutes aboard the ship is so well done.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I can't watch Titanic anymore, because I'm able to pick out all the inaccuracies. The perils of doing your leaving cert history project on it.

• Advertisement

I can't watch Titanic anymore, because I'm able to pick out all the inaccuracies. The perils of doing your leaving cert history project on it.

I'm like that on Flags of our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima. :o

Oh, and The Truman Show. I can't watch that anymore without thinking bout the themes and motifs throughout it. :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I love The Truman Show!

Can't stand Titanic because of Celine Dion's awful, awful song. The lyrics are so bad it ruins the whole movie... /grumble

An File wrote: »
    I love The Truman Show!

Can't stand Titanic because of Celine Dion's awful, awful song. The lyrics are so bad it ruins the whole movie... /grumble

EDIT: On Titanic, I generally skip the first hour and a half of it or so. Basically most of the stuff up until they actually hit the iceberg I can live without (like, I enjoy (I would do more than draw Ms. Winslet... ;)) but I would be flicking around the channels during it) but if I happen to drop in once the sh*t is hitting the fan, I'm pretty much hooked right until the ship disappears. Then the epilogue is fluff that I generally skip again.

Truman Show is epic. Although I do cringe at the part where Christof is like "I am the Creater [*not so subtle pause*] of a television show which brings joy and hope to millions of people." So heavy handed in places.

The ending is super though. I still get chills as this plays. It remains hands down one of my favourite things I studied in English.

Matilda is a film which never fails to cheer me up. I'm usually a complete snob when it comes to book adaptations, but this one just gets everything so right it's ridiculous.

The scene where she's finally mastered her powers and is dancing around the house doing stuff is so utterly class.

Soundtrack is superb, casting was just perfect... I just frickin' love it OK?

Also, I partly attribute my "type" to Matilda, as I had a major crush on her when I first saw the film in the late '90s... :o :P

Matilda is a film which never fails to cheer me up. I'm usually a complete snob when it comes to book adaptations, but this one just gets everything so right it's ridiculous.

The scene where she's finally mastered her powers and is dancing around the house doing stuff is so utterly class.

Soundtrack is superb, casting was just perfect... I just frickin' love it OK?

Also, I partly attribute my "type" to Matilda, as I had a major crush on her when I first saw the film in the late '90s... :o :P[/spoiler]
    I love the film simply for the soundtrack. Rusted Root's "Send me on my way" is one of the happiest songs ever committed to tape.

I love the film simply for the soundtrack. Rusted Root's "Send me on my way" is one of the happiest songs ever committed to tape.

This is also a choo-an ->

The OST stuff is also epic.

Binge watching the 1st season of The Killing. It's really, really good. Chilling at times!

Started Doctor Who on Netflix.

Bit of a "Who cares if it makes sense?" attidude with the writing but I'm really liking the sense of humour it has.

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg

Midsomer Murders is a fantastic series. Sure it's all very formulaic and stuff, but good Christ John Nettles is bloody fab!

I went into my local DVD emporium, and they have multiple copies of the boxset of "Morden i Midsomer", but no English versions. Very disappointing. :P

• Advertisement

Midsomer Murders is a fantastic series. Sure it's all very formulaic and stuff, but good Christ John Nettles is bloody fab!

I went into my local DVD emporium, and they have multiple copies of the boxset of "Morden i Midsomer", but no English versions. Very disappointing. :P

I think we have the pilot episode for the first series on DVD at home! It was called "Summer Murders At Badger's Drift" or something like that. Featured an incestuous relationship between a brother and sister, if I remember correctly. O_o

An File wrote: »
    I think we have the pilot episode for the first series on DVD at home! It was called "Summer Murders At Badger's Drift" or something like that. Featured an incestuous relationship between a brother and sister, if I remember correctly. O_o

Badger's Drift features a lot. It was in the episode tonight wherein a mother and daughter were killing people in order to get revenge for their husband and father's death.

Incidentally, Badger's Drift is probably my favourite fictional placename of all time. :P

Midsomer Murders is fantastic. I will never hear a word against it.

Took a break for awhile but finally back watching supernatural Season 4.

Finally making my way through Supernatural moving onto season 6. Don think the show got enough advertising good show very good storyline rarely made bored

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Shergar6

Fresh Meat on Netflix. Hilarious!

Any fans of "The Day Today" around here? I'm after re-watching the whole series on DVD and I need people to laugh with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

After basically a year of watching it, I am finally onto the last season of 30 Rock, and I am really sad!I don't want to finish it. I think it might be the most quotable show I've ever watched. Might just start again from season 1 when I've gotten to the end of 7 :P

• Advertisement

Decided to start watching Downton Abbey to fil the gaps. But its much better than i expected. reminds me a lot of home lol

Advertisement