Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Peaky Blinders is fantastic!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Arrow & The Flash :)
    and more recently Supergirl

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

We've got a projector set up in our sitting room in lieu of a TV (screw you An Post, I ain't payin' no TV licence!).

I've been watching Frozen Planet on a screen that practically takes up an entire wall of the room. Freakin' love Attenborough.

Oh, and we watched Ted 2 last night. Having not seen the original (and so I'm not burnt out on the joke) I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. It's like a Family Guy episode with a teddy bear tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just watched season 1 of The Wire in 3 days, it's glorious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm so obsessed with Scandal it's almost scary. Such a good show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm watching "Birdman: The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance" again.

What a masterpiece of a movie. Ed Norton is class.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

A friend of mine plopped his laptop down in front of Me and told me "you need to watch this"

It was Rick and Morty.

I had heard about it in passing but never really got around to it.

Holy funk it's nuts but in a good way.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It was Rick and Morty.

A few of my writer friends are big fans of it. They reckon I'd like it too, but I'm somewhat afraid to find out why!

Rick and Morty is unbelievable. Would recommend it to anyone, it has a lot more going for it than you might think after the first episode.

Sci fi themes, wacky misadventures and a morally questionable protagonist and his kind of dim grandson.

It's really something else.

"Where are my testicles,Summer?"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've been watching some Brickleberry because it's on Comedy Central a lot now. Gotta say, I quite like it. Definitely not up there with the best cartoon comedies, but definitely worth a watch.

Also watched Ace Ventura last night.

"It sounds broken..."
    "Most likely sir, I bet it was something nice though."

"THAT'S WHY ROGER PEDACTOR IS DEAD! HE FOUND CAPTAIN WINKY!"

Sci fi themes, wacky misadventures and a morally questionable protagonist and his kind of dim grandson.

It's really something else.

"Where are my testicles,Summer?"

Once they get storylines going with parallel universes it really shines. Enjoy! Will probably re watch the two seasons shortly myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

That's funny, I'd been binging on Rick And Morty for the last few days before I even read this. I had also been warned to persevere after the pilot (which wasn't bad but just wasn't the same as the rest). So, so good.

You should also all be watching Mr. Robot, only one season so far and it's brilliant.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Two lads I know went for halloween as Rick and Morty, I keep meaning to watch it but...final year.

I went on YouTube for something other than a) college and b) music last night and discovered there are now TWELVE episodes of Llamas With Hats! :eek: So I watched them all and then couldn't sleep for ages. :pac:

Might watch all 10 episodes of Salad Fingers again soon. Trippy.

An File wrote: »

Might watch all 10 episodes of Salad Fingers again soon. Trippy.
    I had forgotten Salad Fingers was a thing.
    Memories of enjoyable unease flooding back.

I had forgotten Salad Fingers was a thing.
    Memories of enjoyable unease flooding back.

Enjoyable unease is a great way to describe Salad Fingers haha

New sketch show on Netflix.

Bob and David.

Bob odenkirk and David Cross.

Pretty damn funny

New sketch show on Netflix.

Bob and David.

Bob odenkirk and David Cross.

Pretty damn funny

If it's even half as good as Mr. Show, I'm in!

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    If it's even half as good as Mr. Show, I'm in!
    Can't speak for how well it compares to Mr.Show but It had me laughing a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I finished Rick & Morty. Cartoons arent supposed to end.

Jhcx wrote: »
    I finished Rick & Morty. Cartoons arent supposed to end.

The season 2 finale literally just came out a few weeks ago, there shall be more!

I'm two seasons into " It's always sunny in Philadelphia"
    Dunno if I've watched a show with such utterly terrible, terrible people as protagonists. So good.
    In tears here.

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭MauraTheThird

I'm two seasons into " It's always sunny in Philadelphia"
    Dunno if I've watched a show with such utterly terrible, terrible people as protagonists. So good.
    In tears here.

That show is one of the best things I've ever watched. Even season ten is great!

Sunny only gets better as it goes on, some real classics in there.

CharDeeMacDennis is one of my favourite episodes, the game of games!

Started watching "Jessica Jones" on Netflix last night. Krysten Ritter is the only other woman my girlfriend will let me have fantasies about. :P

Your girlfriend has good taste! On episode three, really looking forward to more.

Just watched the first episode of Jessica Jones there, what an ending! Looks like it has real potential. Lot of mystery about it so far which is good.

It's hitting a bit close to home, but it's so well done I love it. Have it on while (attempting to) clean the house, and it's a pick me up.

• Advertisement

wnolan's Netflix Adventures:

1. We started watching Jessica Jones (or should I say, my housemate was watching it on the projector one night, I came in and got hooked). As someone who isn't into comics, and who hasn't seen any comic book based TV shows or movies in the past 10 or so years, I'm freakin' loving this. I think what attracts me most to it is that it's not shoving the superhero stuff down your throat. I find it very easy to totally detach the fact that they have powers from the show.

2. Started watching Bob and David. It's really funny. It's random as hell, but really funny. At the end of episode two with the nerds "Are you making any more Breaking Bads?!" :pac:

3. "The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt". Watch this. Now. We put this on this evening, and ended up watching like 8 episodes in a row. It has so many genuine laugh out loud moments and is so clever and witty at times. It's basically about a girl who was kidnapped and held captive in a bunker for decades, and has now been released and is trying to make it in New York. It sounds like a played out premise, but some of the stuff they do with it is just brilliant.

4. Finally, "Frank" is an excellent movie. I don't even know how to describe it, it's sort of about this band that go recording an album, the lead singer wears a huge papier-mache head all the time... it's funny and sweet, and generally just a good time.

Advertisement