Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What films/TV shows are you watching? *see mod warning, post #3*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

It's on Comedy Central a lot here and I have to stop myself from throwing stuff at the TV when it comes on. Gf loathes it even more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Finally sitting down to watch Interstellar.
    I'm at the point where the main character is about to watch 23 years worth of time dilated messages from earth. I'm sitting outside having a cigarette with the laptop paused delaying the inevitable because I have a feeling this sequence is about to tear my heart apart.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Just watched Layer Cake, quality.

Interstellar is one hell of a ride. Ending is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Interstellar is one hell of a ride. Ending is brilliant.

It's very emotional when he gets trapped in the WinRar file alright.

Macavity. wrote: »
    It's very emotional when he gets trapped in the WinRar file alright.

I'm guessing Winrar is equivalent to a black hole. Compression/gravity. So I'm guessing that's the ending spoiled. Cheers.

• Advertisement

All I could think of when he was behind the bookshelf was WinRar, he was trapped in WinRar. It really took away from the emotion of the scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

That whole time travelling wrecked my head a small bit. I don't want to say too much without spoilers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Man, I loved Interstellar, I must watch it again.

I don't think I would've enjoyed it half as much if not for the brilliant score though. The intensity it adds to this scene is just insane.

The tracks Mountains and S.T.A.Y. were promptly put on the iPod and listened to excessively after watching.

To be honest, I liked it when it came out - still do. But I enjoy mocking big budget films; amazing soundtracks, all star casts, top of the range special effects etc. etc. They're just designed for huge commercial success, it's somewhat tiring, and has resulted in a lot of emotionless films IMO. /pretentious.

Some of the parodies are funny enough. Perhaps could be considered somewhat of a spoiler, so be warned.

Hans Zimmer falling asleep on his organ. :pac:

• Advertisement

All I could think of when he was behind the bookshelf was WinRar, he was trapped in WinRar. It really took away from the emotion of the scene.
    I think it still worked for the film though. And after a lot if thought somewhat understandable

That scene bothered me a bit as well. Everything up to then seemed hyper accurate and then suddenly
    Bookshelf kaleidoscope.!

I loved the soundtrack and the sound design. The exterior shots being silent etc
    DR. Mann's recklessness really gets driven home when the airlock cuts to silence as space pulls it apart.

The Matt Damon reveal was pretty sweet. I'm right in saying no one knew he was in it until he showed up and people seen it in the cinema?

It blew my mind anyway :P

I thought Honest Trailers had stopped making videos? "Anne Goaway". :pac:

Just finished up HIMYM. Thought it was pretty decent, no big surprises at all. Finding it hard to believe that people were annoyed with it. How were they expecting it to end?

Just finished up HIMYM. Thought it was pretty decent, no big surprises at all. Finding it hard to believe that people were annoyed with it. How were they expecting it to end?
    I think people were generally disappointed that Ted ended up with Robin. The creators apparently wrote the final episode, or at least the very end (they filmed the bit with the kids) in Season 2 - back then, Ted and Robin were very credible as a couple and you could predict that was endgame, I imagine if I had seen the last episode having only seen the first two seasons I would've thought it was great. But the show progressed and it was dragged out to death, as you can tell by the serious drop in quality in the later seasons - I remember reading somewhere that they were meant to do six seasons but it kept getting renewed so of course they went with it (this may not be true so don't quote me on it), stories were being dragged out and Ted and Robin had at least one we-just-don't-work moment every season. There was even one big one in the last season before the wedding. So I guess people felt cheated that this ending which had been proven to be basically illogical many, many times, transpired. Of course a lot changed over the years they skimmed through in the final episode, but we didn't get to see most of that y'know. It was the right ending at one point in the show, but felt quite unnatural when it came down to it.
    I literally just re-watched the last episode on E4 there hence my interest in it at the moment. :P

MUST GO STUDY AND STOP DISCUSSING THINGS ON THE INTERNET.

Slow Show wrote: »
    I think people were generally disappointed that Ted ended up with Robin. The creators apparently wrote the final episode, or at least the very end (they filmed the bit with the kids) in Season 2 - back then, Ted and Robin were very credible as a couple and you could predict that was endgame, I imagine if I had seen the last episode having only seen the first two seasons I would've thought it was great. But the show progressed and it was dragged out to death, as you can tell by the serious drop in quality in the later seasons - I remember reading somewhere that they were meant to do six seasons but it kept getting renewed so of course they went with it (this may not be true so don't quote me on it), stories were being dragged out and Ted and Robin had at least one we-just-don't-work moment every season. There was even one big one in the last season before the wedding. So I guess people felt cheated that this ending which had been proven to be basically illogical many, many times, transpired. Of course a lot changed over the years they skimmed through in the final episode, but we didn't get to see most of that y'know. It was the right ending at one point in the show, but felt quite unnatural when it came down to it.
    I literally just re-watched the last episode on E4 there hence my interest in it at the moment. :P

MUST GO STUDY AND STOP DISCUSSING THINGS ON THE INTERNET.
    I don't know, I didn't think it was that unnatural. :P Ted was absolutely crazy about her for the entire 9 seasons. The only reason he doesn't truly act is because of his friendship to Barney IMO. Robin seems to really regret Ted and The Mother starting a family together, as if it was the biggest mistake of her life letting him go.

I think Ted's whole relationship with The Mother was kinda idealistic or something. It just seemed weird. I know it doesn't go into their time together in much detail, but that's just how it seemed. As if it was a perfect dream, but maybe not what either of them really wanted? When the show started, The Mother was about to get married to the "love of her life" right around the same time Ted meets Robin. I thought both couples being "reunited" by the end of the series was a nice touch.

I also liked the way the entire final season was just a few days. Just thought it was different - never saw anything like that before in a sitcom.

Oh, and this shocked me because she looks totally different. But The Mother was actually Jordan Belfort's wife in Wolf of Wall Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭sibby

Finally got around to watching American Psycho. I thought it was brilliant and I was left wondering what was real and what wasn't afterwards.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I need to rant about Avengers 2 with someone. I'm so disappointed.

sibby wrote: »
    Finally got around to watching American Psycho. I thought it was brilliant and I was left wondering what was real and what wasn't afterwards.

The business card scene is just phenomenal. My interpretation was that most of Batemans' experiences were fantasy, but I haven't scene it in awhile. Will have to re-watch.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I watched about 9 episodes of Gavin and Stacey on Thursday/Friday.

I've been saying "What's occurin'" and "It's well lush." far too much ever since....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

Revenge, the 100 and I am gonna watch that new series empire. :) and I really have to try and break away from fair city :D

NOS3 wrote: »
    Revenge, the 100 and I am gonna watch that new series empire. :) and I really have to try and break away from fair city :D

You watch Fair City?! How on earth do you suffer through it? :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Agent Carter is amazing and I need all the clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Agent Carter is amazing and I need all the clothes.

Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D trumps Agent Carter for me but its still really good. And she is just a fabulous woman. I kinda want to be her :D

Recently watched Daredevil too. Thought it was fantastic at the start, loved how they didn't hold back on the gore but I found the plot kinda dropped off and it went too much into lovey dovery character building relationship stuff, and I found I got bored of that quickly. The last few episodes dragged for me.

Finally finished the American office. Probably better off that I left it till I was a few years out in the working world. Designed for those who have to suffer and love coworkers.truly going to miss it. Struggling for something to fill the void.

Watched Generation war over the last few nights. Reccomend for any military history lovers. Interesting to see things from a German perspective.

Started Marco polo but lost interest.
    Started daredevil too and the fight scenes have me hooked. So brutal and real seeming. Superhero stuff isn't something I normally watch( have yet to see any of the avengers or it's standalones) but im really liking it.

I've started watching The West Wing. I'm in love.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭NOS3

You watch Fair City?! How on earth do you suffer through it?

The thing is I am constantly cringing through it. :P It's just more of a bad habit at this stage :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Watched the first 2 episodes of "Daredevil" on Friday night. Superb stuff. Can't wait to see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I've started watching The West Wing. I'm in love.

I not only want to be CJ, I NEED to be her when I grow up.

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    Watched the first 2 episodes of "Daredevil" on Friday night. Superb stuff. Can't wait to see more.

Just watched the 4th episode tonight, great stuff.

Advertisement