Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans - How do you wear them?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I usually wear skinny or slim jeans. been told they suit me, and I like how I look in them,so I'll continue to wear them :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Slim (possibly even "skinny") with bootcut end.

Only ever found one pair, and that was in Oz, im back now nearly a year and theyre fading so if anyone knows where to find similar in Dublin dont be shy.. dont think theyre out there though to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Whatever baggy jeans are called I wear those

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

For the flare seekers: Top man have nice flares in stock at the moment. Picked myself up a pair last week. Lovin them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,096 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I think skinny jeans look ridiculous on guys.

We're not women, we don't need to show off what we've got downstairs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Flares? Flares?!!

I'm all for individual tastes but I hope they never come back

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Used to love boot cut, but then realised, i never wear boots so the tails of the jeans always dragged on the ground and in wet weather lead to a diaster.

I've tried the skinny jeans on before and just no.

I wear regular jeans now levi's being my favourite

Skinny jeans are a bit pansy looking I reckon, chaps that have a man bag sort of attire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I haven't worn jeans for eight years. Maybe I'm just too stuffy but jeans just aren't my thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭evil_seed

i voted regular, but they'd be closer to baggy. it's a comfort thing. i've worn skinny jeans once. bad mistake. i shoulda stopped when i knew they were too tight. they didnt last too long cos about 30 mins after puttin them on they burst lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Mainly Ohio, but I did get two pairs in Dunnes for €7 each. No idea what type, but they have small pockets, and not as much room around the ball area as Ohio, but not too bad either.

That, or black combats with crotch air holes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Anything but skinny, regular I suppose, I'm always on the search for these jeans that are made of this light material, still denim but the legs are really light...yeah i make no sense.

girls in jeans and cons like that one on the left in your pic khannie <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 pento

skinny jeans are too fiminine, for all those who wear them, you wil be very embarrassed when you look back in 10 years time, why is it that teenagers nowadays all look and dress like they are the 1 sex? the jeans, hair, piercings.... its freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

Slim to skinny fit. They're not tight around your crotch either, quite comfortable actually. Everyone else around here wears bootcut/flare, don't like them at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Whats the difference between 'slim' and 'skinny'? :confused:

Regardless, tight jeans on lads are a no no. Hipsters icon13.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

RedRebel wrote: »
    Whats the difference between 'slim' and 'skinny'? :confused:

Regardless, tight jeans on lads are a no no. Hipsters icon13.gif

Skinny Jeans:
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=38985&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=1578805&langId=-1

Slim Jeans:
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=94528&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=1676935&langId=-1

Not a huge difference but skinny jeans (imo) are skin tight, while slim are snug fitting but not so much so that you could make out a pimple on your ass :pac: And at the bottom they are somewhere in between bootcut and skinny in terms of width. My understanding anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭RedRebel

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    Skinny Jeans:
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=38985&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=1578805&langId=-1

Slim Jeans:
    http://www.topman.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=17551&storeId=12555&categoryId=94528&parent_category_rn=38981&productId=1676935&langId=-1

Not a huge difference but skinny jeans (imo) are skin tight, while slim are snug fitting but not so much so that you could make out a pimple on your ass :pac: And at the bottom they are somewhere in between bootcut and skinny in terms of width. My understanding anyway.

Thanks for the clarification Eddie. In that case:

Skinny icon13.gif
    Slim icon14.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭KungPao

Slim all the way for me. Skinny jeans are terrible looking on blokes and bootcut jeans, with the ends ripped, filthy and wet, dragging along the ground are absolutely awful imho. And this is coming from someone who used to wear baggy jeans.

Slim for the win.

/sorry for the resurrection of an ancient thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Bootcut for me. It should be illegal for men to wear skinny jeans, they look shocking! Not a fan of the flared look either.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,112 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Bootcut 501's. I'm middle aged though. That's part of the uniform. :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Not skinny, disgusting. Fairly regular baggage ones. oh saw I posted here ha.

Skinny on girls can be nice or not nice.

nicole_richie_400x300.jpg

I like the jeans style on the left

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

I've only seen a few guys pull off a pair of skinny jeans well, I think you have to have the whole 'look' pulled together for it to work. e.g. a guy with a bit of style overall could probably pull them off, but not a guy who just threw them on without giving thought to the rest of his outfit.

The worst look is the faded flares with brown/black shoes....it's like the uniform for country guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

To me bootcut are as bad as skinny jeans. Slim or straight fit ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I tend to wear a mix of regular, thin and loose jeans. I've quite muscley legs from cycling, I wouldn't be able to comfortable fit into a pair of skinny jeans (I wouldn't even consider it to begin with!). Hell, I've a pair of thin jeans I like to wear that are a struggle to get them past my calves when taking them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

I'm a skinny bolix, but no way would I don a pair of skinny jeans.

They JUST don't look right, male or female. (On that note, Irish wimmenz tend to be convinced that skinny jeans and ballet pumps are a great look. Not with your fat arse and sausage toes its not! But thats not here nor there!)

I wear:

Bootcut. Not very often.
    Flared. Again not very often.
    Regular. More often.
    Baggy. mmmmm, my uniform. But herself gives out. Aparently regular or bootcut suit me better.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Regular or boot cut most days, the odd night out i have a pair of slim jeans, not too slim though, i don't really care what people think if i wear slim jeans its just i find it hard to have runners or shows that loook well with the jeans and they just are not as comfortable as regular fit jeans.

Advertisement