Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans - How do you wear them?

Options
  • 19-03-2010 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭

What do ye guys think of skinny jeans? Do you wear them?

Russell Brand is a guy who can pull it off and looks pretty stylish doing so.
    russell_brand_leggings.jpg
    (Although i think in the 2nd two pics he's wearing leggings:eek:)

Personally, I wear slim jeans mostly at the mo but i'd like to wear the skinny style but i dont have the balls to...(that and my thighs are large for my waist size).

"Dont wear skinny jeans cus my nuts dont fit" - Jay-Z

So gentlemen, how do you wear your jeans?

How do you wear them? 229 votes

Skinny
    0% 0 votes
    Slim
    3% 7 votes
    Regular
    14% 34 votes
    Loose - I need to let my gigantic balls breathe
    48% 110 votes
    I mostly dont wear jeans
    34% 78 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

I live in jeans, and I always just wear regular ones. I find that skinny and slim jeans have just become so much synonymous with the 'Emo' scene, that I can't wear them...... oh, that and there is no way I could batter my way into a pair of skinny jeans if my life depended on it!!!:D:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

Boot cut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

I like them baggy as they are comfortable that way.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Prefer slightly flared myself. More than a boot cut like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Loose/baggy/relaxed fit. I'm fat so I don't wear skinny jeans because I know it's not nice to look at. That's just me though, if I don't think they'd look good on me, nobody else will lol. It doesn't stop other fat people wearing them though :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

I swore I'd never wear skinny jeans. I thought they were for the uber-trendy fashiontas and such but after seeing guys wearing them in Stockholm a few years ago it looked normal. It didn't have the try-hard look of many a scenester or hipster in these parts, so I picked up a pair. Though I have to say I only wore this pair once because they were super skinny, not for me.

I got more 'roomy' skinny jeans after that and haven't gone back to regular. I want to find a good pair of slim jeans though. The last few attempts I didn't find anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

boot cut / flared. With my shoulders and skinny legs I'd look like a triangle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Surprised the amount of people saying bootcut/flared, to each their own but I hate the sight of destroyed end of jeans on people. I wear straight leg myself and have a couple of slim fit jeans too. I usually let the jeans sit just a bit past my ankles and because they don't get tread on they look neater and last longer, that's a bingo. Also I think with flared people can't see your shoes/runners properly and with plimsolls/high tops that's part of the look

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Flared but they're becoming harder to find, bootcut dont go with all my runners (i prefer when the leans cover the laces, or a good amount of them anyway) cant stand skinny jeans, if you're thin and can pull them off then fair play but I'd never wear them (not fat or anything just not a look I like)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Just to clarify, you can get Slim style jeans in both Boot cut and Straight cut as you can in Regular style jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Jay Walker

In my opinion the skinny ones look gay. I prefer regular or boot cut. Just my preference..

By flared jeans do people mean:
    discostu.jpg

I presume people mean Boot cut when they say flared jeans, right? or the actual 70's flare jeans?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Hazys wrote: »
    By flared jeans do people mean:

I presume people mean Boot cut when they say flared jeans, right? or the actual 70's flare jeans?

Not boot cut, but not disco stu either.

Here's an example of some nice ones.....

nicole_richie_400x300.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

Loose and bootcut. I'm quite rounded so the skinny jeans would be a big no-no.:p
    Plus, I absolutely hate skinny jeans on anyone, they just look horrible, imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Snas

Skinny! I'm really skinny so I can afford to wear them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Khannie wrote: »
    Not boot cut, but not disco stu either.

Here's an example of some nice ones.....

nicole_richie_400x300.jpg

You wear lady jeans Khannie?

Ooooooooooooooooooooo.

:)

Skinny jeans on men is no,just no.Camel toes on women are not pleasent never mind some blokes giblets being half crushed by a pair of kids sized jeans.

Prefer the boot cut/flared jeans myself although dont wear jeans much apart from the weekend.Now a nice pair of looseish fitting cords kick ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Hazys wrote: »
    What do ye guys think of skinny jeans? Do you wear them?

Russell Brand is a guy who can pull it off and looks pretty stylish doing so.
    russell_brand_leggings.jpg
    (Although i think in the 2nd two pics he's wearing leggings:eek:)

Personally, I wear slim jeans mostly at the mo but i'd like to wear the skinny style but i dont have the balls to...(that and my thighs are large for my waist size).

"Dont wear skinny jeans cus my nuts dont fit" - Jay-Z

So gentlemen, how do you wear your jeans?

Stylish ,really? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭hitlersson666

I have a pair of black skinny jeans (I wearing them now actually :o) but crotch wise there not that tight unlike a certan pair of bootlegs I happen to own :confused: but I can get away with skinny jeans though ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Regular or Bootcut or Flared all the bloody way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Regular or Bootcut or Flared all the bloody way.

Yeah, same here although I usually go for regular mostly. I can't stand those skinny jeans, they look awful and must be really uncomfortable! :eek::o

It just pisses me off that there are more and more of them in stores and less regular cut jeans. Also there seems to be less longer jeans around... they must think everyone has shrunk. :( ( sorry damo! :D )

• Advertisement

Dord wrote: »
    Yeah, same here although I usually go for regular mostly. I can't stand those skinny jeans, they look awful and must be really uncomfortable! :eek::o

It just pisses me off that there are more and more of them in stores and less regular cut jeans. Also there seems to be less longer jeans around... they must think everyone has shrunk. :( ( sorry damo! :D )

Skinny jeans are becoming the new fashion trend. I hanging around SoHo and NYU in NYC a few weekends ago and the vast majority of people, young and old, where wearing skinny jeans, the hipster fashion dominates those areas of NYC. See here.

Although I'm not a massive fan of the hipster style, i do like some of it and i do like some of Russell Brands style. As for saying, he is not stylish :rolleyes: he's not in GQ's most fashionable men of 2009 for nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Tender Hoop

Boot cut

Skinny jeans look fcuking terrible. awful. People laugh at blocks wearing skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I wear my jeans tight-fitting, and always black, but never skinny jeans. Just don't think I'd be comfortable in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭gonnaplayrugby

i have a big butt(genetics) and big thighs so i wear my jeans baggy. im also stocky so would just look stupid wearing skinny jeans. they suit some people tho but make them look a bit like peter pan lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Been wearing boot cut jeans a few years now, gonna give regular a bash once again but finding a pair of 30"w 30/32"l jeans is a pain because my thighs dont fit into em, hence the nutcracker effect or having to buy jeans that need a belt:(

Skinny jeans...no no no!! not my thing, plus my calves wouldnt fit into em, let alone my thighs:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Rainbow flares all the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Herbal Deity

I've always looked for jeans which are slightly flared, will just about cover my shoes and drag on the ground. I like the slightly scruffy ripped look. Very hard to find though.

I don't really know what boot cut or regular mean, I just try jeans on and see if I like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Bootcut - but thats an age thing & I wear proper boots

I have worn slim or skinny over the years till my son stole em or was gifted them

anyway - if you are at an age or can carry the look off go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

Only like the skinny jeans look on the slimmest of guys, there aren't many who can pull it off. Guys over 30 don't look right in them either.

Mostly I like regular or boot cut on a man, I think they're generally the most flattering to all builds.

Hate jeans on a man over 40, they just never look right. And they make me think of one name.

Jeremy Clarkson.

Yuck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Giselle wrote: »

Hate jeans on a man over 40, they just never look right. And they make me think of one name.

Jeremy Clarkson.

LOL Gisselle jeans were originally workwear for miners so essentially they morphed in to workwear and overalls

the egalitarian 1960s saw them become cheap durable uniform so Jeremy would probably have more a claim on them than you.

Now crimplene, polyester and nylon -they're for girls :p

Advertisement