Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeans - How do you wear them?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

CDfm wrote: »
    Jeremy would probably have more a claim on them than you.

He might have more of a claim, only one of us looks good in them.

No, not him!

He epitomises why middle aged men should move away from denim like its nitroglycerine.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Wot and yachts and sailing and fast cars and good food too.

You is a "me too", Giselle, a copyist, and not only that -you dress like Jeremy Clarkson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Loose and bootcut. As Krudler said too, I prefer if the ends leans just over the laces as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I kinda wear lots of different syles depending on whats going on

Ive got baggy gstar jeans got boot got sick019s which are my fav Ive had them over 6 years :D..Ive got more tight fitted jeans, and ive got a more loose fit jeans for mucking about with on my skate boards...dee-p pockets which stoip restriction of leg movement......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Slim jeans not too tight and not too baggy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

F&A. This thread is the reason the Fashion&Appearance forum exists.

Oh and jeans are worn to work in. Cheap n' cheerful from Tescos. :) Everything else is just, errr, pants.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

well im a 19 year old guy and i jus can't wear skinny jeans!!! now im not huge (11stone) but my calfs are jus too big!! and its impossible to walk straight in them! so i prefer the flared ones! not the disco flared jus normal! the ones that cover my laces and jus touch the ground but not drag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

Giselle wrote: »
    Only like the skinny jeans look on the slimmest of guys, there aren't many who can pull it off. Guys over 30 don't look right in them either.

Mostly I like regular or boot cut on a man, I think they're generally the most flattering to all builds.

Hate jeans on a man over 40, they just never look right. And they make me think of one name.

Jeremy Clarkson.

Yuck.

weird that u all say the skinny jeans look good on skinny people.. im a skinny ****, i have no arse.. got a pair of skinny levis a few months ago, but im to afriad to wear them out, all my skinniness is exposed and as some1 stated there a bit weird around the balls, like they kinda push my balls back towards my arse and make it look like i got no balls.. was considering a sock... but fook that, think ill just stick to me ususal style.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭molloyjazz

BLACKEN wrote: »
    well im a 19 year old guy and i jus can't wear skinny jeans!!! now im not huge (11stone) but my calfs are jus too big!! and its impossible to walk straight in them! so i prefer the flared ones! not the disco flared jus normal! the ones that cover my laces and jus touch the ground but not drag!

lucky ****, if had a kg or 2 on my calfs id be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Its nothing got to do with his apeal to women but the russel brand look does my tits in. His mouth is even worse.

However if he makes my women wet then half my work is done she can focus on me,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

skinny jeans are not for me. I like the loose fit or boot cut, will spring for regular if they're particularly nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

I've never bothered with jeans. I'm getting too old for them anyway. And they only look good on you if you've got the legs for them. If you haven't then you just look like a slob.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭anomalous

personally i just think guys in skinny jeans just dont look good/right i also dont like them on women - i dont like skinny jeans at all for either sex cant wait till this fad passes - god i hope it passes :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭thror

For all the lads looking for boot cut / flared jeans in Dublin, I've been buying jeans in this place upstairs in the Stephens Green Shopping centre every time I've been back in Dublin recently. They're about 15 quid each and while not the best quality, they tide me over till I find another that suits me (I also go for the over the lace style).

Not sure what other stuff they have since I usually don't have time and leg it with whatever I pick up :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Thomas828 wrote: »
    I've never bothered with jeans. I'm getting too old for them anyway. And they only look good on you if you've got the legs for them.

Thats miniskirts:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

Loose or bootcut. Jeans were designed to be comfortable. Whats comfortable about you're balls not being able to breathe or move freely?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

I find myself suffocating at the sight of skinny jeans! :D
    What would you be doing to your poor legs!

I wear flared jeans. They used to be flares/boot cut but what I now see marked as boot cut just don't, pardon the pun, cut it. It's becoming very difficult to get what I'm looking for, as some others have commented. There was one shop in Waterford that always had a good selection but they closed down. Now it's like loooking for a needle in a haystack.

On that point, I find it surprising how rare they're becoming, considering the proportion of people who've expressed a preference for them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,779 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

The reason bootcut and flared jeans are becoming rare is because straight and slim jeans are becoming the norm, it's just the way trends seem to come and go, personally as I've said before I think loose, hanging jeans doesn't look as good or hold up as well. I find it odd that the argument has became bootcut Vs skinny jeans, it's like a culchie/emo war :D Anyways the skinny jeans look is dead and has been for over a year now, it's just we Irish tend to take a while to catch onto these things

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Regular to loose. Couldn't pull off skinny jeans and therefore have never tried.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

The reason bootcut and flared jeans are becoming rare is because straight and slim jeans are becoming the norm, it's just the way trends seem to come and go, personally as I've said before I think loose, hanging jeans doesn't look as good or hold up as well. I find it odd that the argument has became bootcut Vs skinny jeans, it's like a culchie/emo war :D Anyways the skinny jeans look is dead and has been for over a year now, it's just we Irish tend to take a while to catch onto these things

I'm amazed that you're saying that bootcut jeans are culchie! Any culchies I know wear what would be considered normal jeans I suppose. I myself call them ankle bashers. :D But I am yet to see a culchie in what I'd call bootcut jeans. It's always been more the "alternative" crowd I suppose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Never really wear jeans anymore.

On a recent hiking trip I decided to invest in some breathable, light, water resistant, quick drying trousers by Craghoppers (they also cut off into shorts if needed)

After wearing them for that hiking trip I just couldn't see a reason to go back to jeans for everyday use, they are heavy, hot, don't stretch and soak up rain water like a sponge.

Being an engineer, function always wins out over fashion. I've been wearing the pairs of these that I own ever since, and my old jeans have been left gathering dust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭Darmstrong

I normally get skinny jeans but a size too big, this makes them more comfortable around the thigh/calf but keeps the desired skinnier on bottom look.. I also go for darker colours as i find if there are tight bits you wish weren't there they are less visible, but still look skinny from a distance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭Monkeybonkers

Khannie wrote: »
    Not boot cut, but not disco stu either.

Here's an example of some nice ones.....

nicole_richie_400x300.jpg

Am I missing something? A discussion on tGC forum about mens jeans yet the above pictures are all of women. Surely you could have found some of men.
    P.S. Who's that walking all over Andy Garcia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Loose and Boot Cut, OP how can you say Russel Brand can pull that off he looks like he caught the Gay in those pics. Its fine for girls but for fellas going around like that is a big no no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭thethedev

I thought some of them were just made for people with really really long legs.

I thought jeans were just jeans. I'm wearing a pair now that i stitched the fly onto myself along with a cheap plastic belt Ahhhh comfort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Dr. No

I am currently living in Edinburgh and skinny jeans are everywhere. I think it is the most god awful look on males especially when the person is also wearing a cardigan and one of those beanie hats. I think it looks just as sh1t as those kids who tuck their pants inside their socks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Skinny jeans look terrible on men IMO. Look great on women though.

I love my flares, so hard to find though. Although, I found a pair of levi flares a few months ago, got them for $50, (30euro) cause the shop wanted to get rid of them, happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Khannie wrote: »
    nicole_richie_400x300.jpg

Anyone else find it ironic that skinny jeans are bashed as "gay" and not for men, then the pic used for flares is of only women? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

nkay1985 wrote: »
    I wear flared jeans. They used to be flares/boot cut but what I now see marked as boot cut just don't, pardon the pun, cut it. It's becoming very difficult to get what I'm looking for, as some others have commented. There was one shop in Waterford that always had a good selection but they closed down. Now it's like loooking for a needle in a haystack.

On that point, I find it surprising how rare they're becoming, considering the proportion of people who've expressed a preference for them here.

Came across this if you are ever in Kerry. The website is a work in progress but they have them in the shop http://www.urbancasuals.ie Facebook looks better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mackman

Cianos wrote: »
    Anyone else find it ironic that skinny jeans are bashed as "gay" and not for men, then the pic used for flares is of only women? :pac:

Thats because the fashion people decided that flares arent in fashion for men, so they dont make them/advertise them. Therefore its harder to find pics with men in flares, bacause its not "fashionable":rolleyes:

Advertisement