Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Guards and boy racers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

Dangerdunf wrote: »
    I have been driving a modified white civic since I was 17. The gaurds never gave me any hassle. As long as you dont hang out the window as your driving along you will be grand. If you do get stopped just chat to the gaurds and they tend to be a lot nicer. I'm now 19 and driving a type r integra and haven't got any hassle at all. :D
    You are 19 driving a Teg R, Jesus whats the insurance on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Dangerdunf

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    You are 19 driving a Teg R, Jesus whats the insurance on it?

I had to insure in my fathers name and drive it 3rd party. Im still insuring the civic in my name. If your under 25 on a teg R dey don't even want to talk to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,318 ✭✭✭Tefral

. If your under 25 on a teg R dey don't even want to talk to you.

This is true! Im 25 this year and last year it was quite difficult to get insured, St.Pauls quoted me €770 and i bit their hand off for it!

Sorry to go off topic but...

I'm with quinn at the moment, if I rang them and said Im after buying this car and to transfer the insurance from the civic to the integra, would they have to transfer the insurance? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

i drive a hiace. All the travelers wave at me on the way past.

stereotypes are alive and well in ireland

Garda never give me any trouble though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I'm with quinn at the moment, if I rang them and said Im after buying this car and to transfer the insurance from the civic to the integra, would they have to transfer the insurance? :confused:

yes, dont expect a nice quote though

Yeah they will quote you I reckon, I drive a Teg too and I was 22 when I insured it, I could get quotes from 2 places but they were both for the UK model.

They will rape you come renewal time

Grahamo999 wrote: »
    Yeah they will quote you I reckon, I drive a Teg too and I was 22 when I insured it, I could get quotes from 2 places but they were both for the UK model.

They will rape you come renewal time

How much were you paying to insure the uk model?

How much were you paying to insure the uk model?
    How much Im currently paying! Its 1850 Fully Comp. 100 extra for the exhaust.

This year it should drop to about 1500 I hope!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,845 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    White is a very popular colour for cars in Japan, isn't it? S'pose it marks white Jap cars here out as an import.

It is, and its more common on imports than UKDM models from what I've seen also. My car's not Japanese but the same still seems to apply to the PSNI/border area Guards!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

ShiresV2 wrote: »
    White is a very popular colour for cars in Japan, isn't it? S'pose it marks white Jap cars here out as an import.

It's the national racing colour, Japanese Championship White. Comes from the white in their national flag. Same principle as British Racing Green (which comes from the time Ireland was in the UK).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

Doyler92 wrote: »
    Firstly, can I just make this clear. I am in no way a boy racer nor do I have a 'done-up' car. I drive a Punto :p

But I have an honest question.

I'm in love with Civic's and have been offered one at a good enough price.

It's not the top end model as in it doesn't stick out when driving.

If I got it and was driving it normally do you think the guards would give me much hassle?

All the stories I hear about these cars is that the guards torment the drivers.

If I have everything up to scratch, do you think the guards will keep pulling me in and stereotyping me because of the car?

Thanks.

What stories, thats all hearsay, 3rd party speculation

If you commit an offence and it is witnessed by a Police Officer why shouldnt you be stopped.

Just dont speed and obey the rules of the road.

Keep your car taxed and insured and you will have nothing to worry about.

There is no harrassment to my knowledge of people who drive Honda Civics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

What stories, thats all hearsay, 3rd party speculation

If you commit an offence and it is witnessed by a Police Officer why shouldnt you be stopped.

Just dont speed and obey the rules of the road.

Keep your car taxed and insured and you will have nothing to worry about.

There is no harrassment to my knowledge of people who drive Honda Civics
    and don't be making noise like the silly little peacocks making noise and looking for attention

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭kravmaga

iamskippy wrote: »
    and don't be making noise like the silly little peacocks making noise and looking for attention

well said.......+1

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

RoverJames wrote: »
    I drove this for 9 months and never had bother off the Guards, it was fairly loud too. Collecting another car though one day my Dad was following me in the Celica, we were both speeding, he was pulled over, I wasn't. He reckons it was because of the car.

2007_0610Celica_claybarred0010.jpg
    2007_0610Celica_claybarred0008.jpg
    2007_0610Celica_claybarred0004.jpg

Once you have all your discs displayed, have your licence on you and don't drive like a c0ck you should have no probs whatsoever. Every town and city in the country has boy racers spinning about every evening and the Guards don't seem overly interested.

So shiney..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

JHMEG wrote: »
    If you're racing the boy racers that makes you eh... a boy racer!

I dont be racing anyone by the way and i am far from a boy. Most of them drive dangerously. Two of them pulled out of a filling station in front of me with these wrecks of yokes when i went to pass them they floored it. They didnt know i had about 4 times the power of them. Luckily i could pass one safe. He started tailgating me then as his buddy had gone up to 120 kph on a 80 kph road. He then passed again on a bend nearly missing a car. I just done the sensible thing and pulled over called the gardai spoke to a traffic officer who got a car to stop them. They are being done for careless driving now as someone else rang about the erratic behaviour aswell as me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭iamskippy

SARASON wrote: »
    I dont be racing anyone by the way and i am far from a boy. Most of them drive dangerously. Two of them pulled out of a filling station in front of me with these wrecks of yokes when i went to pass them they floored it. They didnt know i had about 4 times the power of them. Luckily i could pass one safe. He started tailgating me then as his buddy had gone up to 120 kph on a 80 kph road. He then passed again on a bend nearly missing a car. I just done the sensible thing and pulled over called the gardai spoke to a traffic officer who got a car to stop them. They are being done for careless driving now as someone else rang about the erratic behaviour aswell as me.
    Fair play to you, right thing for the silly peacock brain muppets. More people should do it and insist the garda respond

They didnt know i had about 4 times the power of them. .

What do you drive about in ?

I have a few cars audi/ vw. I like your celica their are definitley a classic car of all time.

That Celica was lovely, 'twas 97 when I bought her so she was 12 but very fresh. She was the Jap SS2 (analgous to the UK spec GT) and so had superstrut suspension and a close ratio gearbox. Fantastic car, I kept her 9 months, would defo have another if a nice one came along. The 3SGE engine in them is great for what it is. Non interference too which is comforting should the belt snap.

Was just wondering what you drove out of interest when you mentioned 'twas quite a powerful bus :)

• Advertisement

Ya shes very fresh and straight looking from the pic. My neighbour has a silver one with red leather interior. Its a class car, they ruined them with the newer model. Im drivin a 07 A8L at the moment... They are fairly powerful for taking on most overtaking situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

iamskippy wrote: »

do you mean atmospheric blow off valves or have you seen lads driving around making peacock noises out there windows?
    Ya shes very fresh and straight looking from the pic. My neighbour has a silver one with red leather interior. Its a class car, they ruined them with the newer model. Im drivin a 07 A8L at the moment... They are fairly powerful for taking on most overtaking situations.

3.0l tdi quattro with 230bhp?

draffodx wrote: »
    do you mean atmospheric blow off valves or have you seen lads driving around making peacock noises out there windows?

3.0l tdi quattro with 230bhp?

Thats right

draffodx wrote: »
    have you seen lads driving around making peacock noises out there windows?
    LOL!

I dont be racing anyone by the way and i am far from a boy.
    You don't have to be young to be a boy racer. Flooring it in the face of opposition is enough ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Paul MCM

I say go for it. Ive got a Integra Type R DC5 and ive never had any hassle off them. Once you dont drive around like a fool you will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭GTE

Bonito wrote: »

Just reading that post, I love those team work stories.

I had a similar situation which I just friggin love!

Basically the same situation as the post you linked to.

Myself and an Audi over taking a truck and car, not a problem there. There was some distance between me and the Audi over taking and also a bigish distance between the car and truck.

Then this Land cruiser comes up, undertakes the Audi, cuts infront of him, up my arse, tries to undertake me and cuts up the car I was overtaking. I saw it coming so I sped up and went beside the truck (Im sorry lads, I broke the speed limit for this, 130 in a 120 zone :( ).

Basically I blocked the jeeps path that he was going to take to cut me up. I slowed down to the speed of the truck I was over taking, the Audi bunches up with me to stop the jeep cutting back in to overtake the truck and once I had clear enough road I floor it back up to 120.

I like to think he did this on purpose but whether he did intentionally or not the Audi seemed to know what I was doing and stayed with me as I sped up and we passed the truck and the poor jeep man was stuck behind the truck as the train of cars that resulted all passed him.

After that we went on our separate ways.
    The jeep only had one working headlight and I could see him pulling out from behind the truck ages after it happened.

I had fun with that.

I know there could have been elements of that which were childish but Id prefer to be childish then have a driver cut up 3 cars in the space on 1 mile and 120+ speeds. He almost ended the car I was passing when he went to undertake me.

Bonito wrote: »

I was on the m1 on that morning allrite. I forget about the beemer though i just ignore all road rage and drive on;). Here it is you tell me i just washed her....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

I was on the m1 on that morning allrite. I forget about the beemer though i just ignore all road rage and drive on;). Here it is you tell me i just washed her....
    Your pic isn't there :p

Advertisement