Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Rugby YouTube Videos

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

New Stephen Ferris tribute put out today

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Grimebox wrote: »
    New Stephen Ferris tribute put out today

Some of those tries are pretty unspectacular. Other ones (from the Lions tour, say) could have made the cut. Then again, I wish tribute / highlight videos didn't always just put in loads of tries for forwards. His best moments would have many more bone crunching tackles and times when he made the initial hard yards/line breaks to put other lands away. He will always be a legend, but not because of his tries.

There are a couple of class ones in there though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Cool video I happened on summing up Wales's AI's.

Ah gotta love Boris Johnson

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Respect for the ref, one of the reasons I love this game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,320 ✭✭✭Teferi

Respect for the ref, one of the reasons I love this game.

This epitomises why Owens can get on my tits. Loves a bit of the limelight.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Don't know if this has been posted before, but I don't think anyone would mind this lad in their back row.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

beertons wrote: »
    Don't know if this has been posted before, but I don't think anyone would mind this lad in their back row.

That is ridiculously fast
    Habana eat your heart out
    This is one of my favourites cuz its funny
    Two brothers on opposite teams rippin out of their own players
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNE-f_3s3F0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

beertons wrote: »

Christ :eek:

Could you imagine if he converted to union, and USA had him and Ngwenya on both wings?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

.ak wrote: »

Could you imagine if he converted to union, and USA had him and Ngwenya on both wings?

He'll definitely get a pro contract somewhere if he wants one!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

.ak wrote: »

He'd get destroyed in defence and under the high ball and he wouldn't get 20 metres of open space in 15-a-side. I love the way he tries to give the ball back to the ref after scoring a try :D

He'd get destroyed in defence and under the high ball and he wouldn't get 20 metres of open space in 15-a-side. I love the way he tries to give the ball back to the ref after scoring a try :D

Thats a chance I'd be willing to take. Love that he has no interest in sliding in on the corner.

Wonder would he like the weather in Limerick :p

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

He'd freeze to death waiting for the ball to come out as far as the wing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

He'd freeze to death waiting for the ball to come out as far as the wing :P

Only to find Donners there taking it on himself....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

One ruck/maul in 15-a-side and he'd get snapped in two.

But looks the business for 7s rugby. I must say, as much as I sort of despite team sports at the olympics, 7s could be quite fun. Specially in Rio. And I guess it would be a NZ medal hope sport...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

Swiwi wrote: »
    One ruck/maul in 15-a-side and he'd get snapped in two.

But looks the business for 7s rugby. I must say, as much as I sort of despite team sports at the olympics, 7s could be quite fun. Specially in Rio. And I guess it would be a NZ medal hope sport...

What's that you've got in the bag then...women's shotput,sailing,rowing and 7s.Is rugby not enough for some?

Great game. From 1 to 15.

Wally the legend, Sexton played a blinder , and O Driscoll was brilliant in defense and attack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭Fishooks13

Been looking for this for ages, cheers.

• Advertisement

Watched it very late last night after a few Jamesons. Still made me nervous :p. Down to practically the last play, pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

That's a nice bit of marketing there for Berocca. Though the skeptic in me has questions over three of the shots!

Smashed a few before making the first shot

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

2nd shot is definitely a fake. Comes back down too quick.

They were all done like this obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭durkadurka

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭CJC86

durkadurka wrote: »

Ugh, that really annoys me. I can't believe how few refs seem to know the laws fully. The laws clearly state that a quick lineout can only be taken behind where the ball went out of play. It doesn't matter if it was kicked out on the full; if you want to take a quick lineout you forfeit that free field-position.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭Theta

CJC86 wrote: »
    Ugh, that really annoys me. I can't believe how few refs seem to know the laws fully. The laws clearly state that a quick lineout can only be taken behind where the ball went out of play. It doesn't matter if it was kicked out on the full; if you want to take a quick lineout you forfeit that free field-position.

The new laws state that the throw can be taken from in line with the kickers position when the ball was kicked.

The ref in fact did know the rules and played them correctly, you need to check the latest rules.

Law 19.2 – Quick Throw-In
    This change alters where a quick throw can be taken. Currently a quick throw can be taken anywhere from the place the ball crossed the touch line back to the thrower’s goal line. The change allows a quick throw to be taken anywhere from the place of the lineout back to the thrower’s goal line. The gap that used to exist if the ball was kicked out on the fly from in front of the 22 is now gone. [I suspect this will have a bigger impact in Sevens than it will in Fifteens, but not this summer.

2012-quick-throwin.jpg

Advertisement