Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite Rugby YouTube Videos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

My new favourite video. Cardiff made it easy, but this was class

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭leftleg

niallon wrote: »
    My new favourite video. Cardiff made it easy, but this was class

topped off with the now signature bum slide touch down too

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Ciaran-Irl

Some great tries in there mixed some typically bizarre Hook selections. Especially in the middle of the clip.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Ciaran-Irl wrote: »
    Some great tries in there mixed some typically bizarre Hook selections. Especially in the middle of the clip.

Clue is number of Times Hook mentions Connacht!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

saw this on rugbydump thought it was a great watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

4:30 is outrageously forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Superbus wrote: »
    4:30 is outrageously forward.

ha ha, by a country mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Pity he had to be a fool and walk it over to the touch line for the conversion. Biggar did the same a couple of years ago for the Ospreys. Lack of class.

• Advertisement

GerM wrote: »
    Pity he had to be a fool and walk it over to the touch line for the conversion. Biggar did the same a couple of years ago for the Ospreys. Lack of class.

He slotted the conversion just to rub salt in the wounds. You could call it arrogance but after starting it from his own try line I'll allow him that indulgence.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

If you look at the clock he was running down time so that the conversion was the last kick.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Winning 31 to 29 with a min left to go and he runs it from his own goal line.........does not compute!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭duckysauce

Burgo wrote: »

saw this on rugbydump thought it was a great watch.

yep well made, he will be missed, cracking player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭GerM

Morf wrote: »
    If you look at the clock he was running down time so that the conversion was the last kick.

He has 1 minute to take the kick so he could have dotted it down instantly and allowed the 80 minutes to elapse standing over the kick. I recall the try when it was scored and he shipped criticism at the time for his actions. He admitted it himself that he did it just to wind up the Crusaders' fans. Given that the conversion (regardless of slotting it) was the difference between a BP or not for Crusaders and both teams were contenders for a play off spot, it was extremely obnoxious and could have come back to bit him in the ass.

He has 1 minute to take the kick so he could have dotted it down instantly and allowed the 80 minutes to elapse standing over the kick. I recall the try when it was scored and he shipped criticism at the time for his actions. He admitted it himself that he did it just to wind up the Crusaders' fans. Given that the conversion (regardless of slotting it) was the difference between a BP or not for Crusaders and both teams were contenders for a play off spot, it was extremely obnoxious and could have come back to bit him in the ass.

The first comment on the video explains a little about the background to it.
    there was a big scrap just before that scrum, and spencer and justin marshall were right up in eachothers faces, so the brilliantly arrogant spencer sparked and scored that try. To rub salt in the wound, he walked straight up to the 22 on the sideline, set the ball talk a step back and a step forward and slotted dead through the middle of the posts. it was the best '**** you' in rugby to date

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Cooper.

Why can't we always play like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Conchir

My favourite was the 'Shane Horgan tribute' however it's blocked now for copyright stuff :(

You forget just how many good tries he scored until you watch it, he really was a great player. Wish I could see that video again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Sale are now in sixth on 49 and Bath are now in seventh on 44. That try would have been Bath's fourth giving them a bonus point and reducing the gap between themselves and and Sale to 4 with Bath having a far superior points difference.

Bath go to Leicester and Sale host Harlequins in the next round so I can't see it mattering too much in the end though.

Great tackle from Varndell it has to be said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,214 ✭✭✭ongarite

Great clip, that tackle could have just kept Wasps from being relegated.

ongarite wrote: »
    Great clip, that tackle could have just kept Wasps from being relegated.

Prob a bit much but yeah it's certainly made their job a bit easier at home to Newcastle in the next round who they're currently 4 points ahead of and have a much better points difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Another outstanding video from Guetteba.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 JAMMYK

I knew I had seen him mentioned here before. He looks a great player.He gave mcfadden a rogering sans lube

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Pretty good short doc from BBC Wales on Shane Williams in Japan, couple of funny moments too :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭Grimebox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭shuffol

That kick one is hilarious!

Reminds me of a similar kick from yours truely. I'd just come on, was fairly pumped up, and the opposition centre dropped the ball in front a couple of yards in front of me. I went to smash it down the end of the field, as we were just outside our 22, but whacked it with the side of my foot so it started looping out to the touchline and kind of behind me towards their winger.

I just got back in time to tackle him in the corner :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

Welcome to the world of skinny white kids in NZ. It's just not fair!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,067 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Advertisement