Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP training path - study group request

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

I've cleaned them up and I will move them to a new thread shortly.

As for the whole Cisco recession thing - when I discuss Cisco I am referring to large service providers, enterprises and Datacentres e.g Nexus 5K,7K, CRS etc. down to the 7200/7600/6500 and the 3750 Catalyst / 3400 metro switch.

I am not referring to small companies with a handful of devices. I think that you are correct in saying that these companies are looking at other vendors to save money (at a cost).

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

I would be interested in the user group also.

How did you get on in the ccie written?

logic wrote: »
    I would be interested in the user group also.

How did you get on in the ccie written?

Piece of cake ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Excellent....are you looking a booking the lab now?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 robtee

iRock wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm interested in forming the "official" Cisco user group for Ireland as none currently exists. I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested?

I need to get an idea of numbers before I approach contacts.

Thanks,

Hi iRock,

What would be involved in the group?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭nellocono

Hi iRock,
    Would also be interested in hearing more about the Cisco user group...

Thks

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

I would interested in hearing what this involves too.

Apparently, it involves creating a user group in Ireland (a website) where members hold meetings and/or video conferences etc to encourage, learn and collaborate on all things related to Cisco certifications. For example, some members could nominate and give lectures to a study group on CCNP topics for example which would help others learn and get certified...

i think it's a good idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

is a good ideea...but not so much desire as Cisco is not so big player here.maybe more in UK ?
    i can arrange forward as a start-up,free of charge and free of ownership the domain "www.mycisco.ie".
    is a start ?

nellocono wrote: »
    Apparently, it involves creating a user group in Ireland (a website) where members hold meetings and/or video conferences etc to encourage, learn and collaborate on all things related to Cisco certifications. For example, some members could nominate and give lectures to a study group on CCNP topics for example which would help others learn and get certified...

i think it's a good idea!

I think what the Dublin MTUG (Microsoft Technology User Group) are doing is a good approach. They arrange key speakers / technology experts for talks/microsoft sponsored events etc.

rolion wrote: »
    is a good ideea...but not so much desire as Cisco is not so big player here.maybe more in UK ?

They are huge player here - I don't know where you are coming up with this.
    I won't be commenting on it any further though. :)

• Advertisement

I agree Cisco are definitely a huge player over here. The amount of money my company spends per year with them is massive...

iRock, any idea how many numbers we are talking about here and what is the process for doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

nellocono wrote: »
    I agree Cisco are definitely a huge player over here. The amount of money my company spends per year with them is massive...

iRock, any idea how many numbers we are talking about here and what is the process for doing it?

of course is going to be massive... cheaper switch over 3 grands !! :)

on another note...

Cisco Announces a Networking Education Breakthrough With Cisco Learning Labs.

For the first time, IT learners can now access real Cisco labs with both routing and Layer 2 core switching features.

Cisco Learning Labs are powered by Cisco IOS® Software on UNIX and enable critical, hands-on lab experience for future networking engineers interested in attaining Cisco certifications.

Elevate your study program with Cisco Learning Labs today and enjoy the variety of lab bundles for Cisco CCNA®, Cisco CCNP®, and Cisco CCIP® certification preparation.

Cisco Learning Labs are available exclusively on the Cisco Learning Network Store.

Review all lab bundles and pricing information now. http://www.cisco.com/go/learninglabs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭accensi0n

I'm in.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzovision

Very interested

Anymore on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭UDP

Cisco user group happening? Id be up for it.

Advertisement