Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP training path - study group request

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Nice!
    Drop me a DM - I have a dedicated server if you want to get this online.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

also interested. IT Degree and completed CCNA about 12 months ago. Did first module of CCNP but stopped after 3 months due to lack of motivation. I use a pure GNS Lab on OS X, Starting Networking and Security Master in Sept also.

Lads maybe we can exchange skype or MSN?
    I don't know about you guys but I'm usually swamped with either work or study so its increasingly difficult to even get a chance to read boards :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MyCisco

I'm working on setting up the site " www.mycisco.ie " with a site template and in background a version of eportal,such as vBulletin Suite. The domain is hosted with Digiweb .

My intention is to create a local portal for users to virtually meet to discuss / share training tips ,jobs, experience from day-to-day work, ideeas and whatever else that relates to Cisco technologies and is affecting us.

Also a news feed,newsletter,blogs,photo,calendar..CMS !

I may need help to set it up,not quite sure how or what,but basically that is my plan.Whoever has ideas and time,is more than welcome.

Hopefully the portal will be up&running by next week.Then,i'll try promoting it and attract some traffic,hopefully with lots of feedback.

Keep in touch...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MyCisco

An update:

http://www.mycisco.ie/forum/index.php

I'll need your input,help and ...

Regards...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

I'm quite confused by the way Cisco has put it up on their web site the options for passing CCNP.

There is the link

My CCNA cert expires in 2 months,time is not a constraint.

My Q for you:which path/track i shall use in order to re-certify my CCNA and also,keep me on the track for CCNP !?

I'm i correct choosing Path 3 ?

Can i sit 642-812 BCMSN safely !?

Please advise.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭accensi0n

rolion wrote: »
    I'm quite confused by the way Cisco has put it up on their web site the options for passing CCNP.

There is the link

My CCNA cert expires in 2 months,time is not a constraint.

My Q for you:which path/track i shall use in order to re-certify my CCNA and also,keep me on the track for CCNP !?

I'm i correct choosing Path 3 ?

Can i sit 642-812 BCMSN safely !?

Please advise.

Have you any experience with the BCMSN topics?

You have till July 31st to take the BCMSN. May be a better idea at this stage to prepare for either the Switch or Route exams.

If you don't pass any of them before July 31st you will have to pass the CCNA exam again if you want to get the CCNP.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭logic

Better off sticking to the new CCNP track Route, Switch and TSHOOT, unless like accensi0n said, you already have topics in one the older modules covered.

Where are you all at with your studies now?

iRock wrote: »
    Where are you all at with your studies now?

BCMSN exam this Friday. :eek:

How you going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 sargeras

1st hello to every1
    interesting topic u have for CCNP, any suggestions for CCNA, since i plan to start learning from this june, it would be rly helpful thx

Getting ready to sit ccna voice exam in the next week or two. Then on to Route.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭jayflame

Hi All,

Glad to see some people are getting together as a study group.

Wish the same could be done for what I am training for.
    you guys appear to be a little further ahead of me, though I hope to catch up soon

I have quite a large collection of study material for several levels, including a collection of IOS files that I am willing to share/upload.
    As you can imagine, it is taking up some required space and want it to go to good use.

I don't want to interfere with anyone's training, and if anyone has any redundant material/equipment for study, I am all for sharing.

Currently working for an ISP that uses Cisco equipment so may be able to get my hands on other routes and switches at a later stage, but looking for what I need to get me through CCNA.

Any suggestions or assistance would be greatly appreciated, and if there's anything I can do in return, only happy to help.

Good luck with all the studies and exams:)

Where we stand with studies ! ?
    I'm not aware of any meetings or common training plans...Or,i'm wrong in saying that !

I'll begin studying for BCMSN - old SWITCH exam.Thanks for advices...

Passed the BCMSN exam this morning. My main focus over the coming months will be ASA and PIX firewalls but I do plan on going through some material for the BSCI, ISCW and ONT exams soon.

sargeras wrote: »
    1st hello to every1
    interesting topic u have for CCNP, any suggestions for CCNA, since i plan to start learning from this june, it would be rly helpful thx

Learn all the CCNA material. Build a lab if you can. Learn to subnet in your head.

Congrats...happy day ! !

Can we meet and chat over a pint,sometime !?

Thanks...

accensi0n wrote: »
    Passed the BCMSN exam this morning. My main focus over the coming months will be ASA and PIX firewalls but I do plan on going through some material for the BSCI, ISCW and ONT exams soon.

rolion wrote: »
    Congrats...happy day ! !

Can we meet and chat over a pint,sometime !?

Thanks...

What he said!

My main focus will be PIX and ASA also. I have a couple of PIX to ASA migrations coming up.

Fun times :-D

Lads,sorry,no offense but i don't drink other than...tea ! Organic tea due to some medical conditions ! !
    Re chat,i just want to meet and try to start something purely social based on the Cisco techie..

I'm doing myself CCNA - renewal by getting the Switch exam and then all the way up to CCIE Security,if i'll still be online by then ! :)
    So pix and asa...my pleasure !

Congrats on the exam!!

PIX / ASA, something I really need to learn too, unlikely to find a real world network without some (unless junipers/sconicwall/etc are being used). Have a pix501 at home with no idea how to configure it.

• Advertisement

done old switch exam...going on Friday for routing (901)...slowly alone,but sure !

routing done...what options do i have next ?
    any one going for troubleshooting ! ! ?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Shamo

I'm starting tshoot study in a few weeks, trying to decide the best way to build the lab, cost me a lot to upgrade my current lab to support it. Might try using GNS3 for the routers and try link them with real switches or just use packet tracer but wouldn't be the real deal obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Got my BCMSN last Friday too.

I had forgotten about this thread. It actually motivated me to start the CCNP. Going to have a go at the Route one now. Hope to do the exam in October.

Anyone doing it or done it with some good tips?

Got Route this week. SWITCH in 5 weeks. You guys finsihed with SWITCH?

Does anyone know if the 3550s can do IPv6 routing? There's IOS' that support it but i've been reading conflicting opinions of it actually working in practice?

Starting tshoot study now so need another l3 switch but has to be able to do IPv6 and I can't get my hands on a 3560.

To answer my own question, they can't.

If anyone is interested, i've been able to recreate about 90% of the tshoot topology in GNS3. The switches were done with routers adding switch module that can do most of what's required. Can give details when people are starting it.

Planning on doing the exam end of next week.

So to be able to fully lab out Tshoot, hardware wise, I'm going to need a 3560? I was going to buy another 3550 but if this is the case, then I won't, I'll have to hold out until I get more cash.

Well from what i've seen you're talking 3-4grand for a 3560? Edit - see a few models for around €800 on ebay.

You need 4 routers that can do IPv6 with OSPFv3 and a IPv6 GRE tunnel and another router to do BGP (no IPv6). Then 2 layer 3 switches that can do IPv6 with RIPng. After that it's just 2 layer2 switches and a couple of PCs/crappy routers for pinging.

The only thing I couldn't do in GNS3 is a layer 3 etherchannel between the layer 3 switches (this was required because RIPng needs to be applied to the interfaces connecting the 2 switches).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭le_dazzler

logic wrote: »
    So to be able to fully lab out Tshoot, hardware wise, I'm going to need a 3560? I was going to buy another 3550 but if this is the case, then I won't, I'll have to hold out until I get more cash.

I think you'd probably be better off renting some rack time in a remote lab than spending that amount on a switch to be honest.

http://www.gigavelocity.com/ seems pretty cheap, and was recommended by a cbt nuggets instructor (I've never used it though, so caveat emptor).

There is also a free lab that on packetlife that might be useful (and that just got a 3560) http://packetlife.net/lab/

Best of luck!

Advertisement