Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 12th March

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Well done again, folks. Nearly 40 pages of generally witless bile and spite. And the great thing is you all can't wait for next Friday night at 9.35 to come around so you can do it all again, can you?

Do you find joy in anything?? Life must be a continual source of disappointment to you when you step outside your front door (I'd say some of you do it the odd time) and find you're actually living in Ireland and not Hatesville, USA.

I mean, honestly, why would someone watch a tv show they obviously dislike and spend 2 hours on their PC to post cutting edge commentary every 5 minutes like "s**t guests again this week" "WTF???" ""This is s**t" "Crap band" "WTF is this guy?" "she's a fat bitch" etc. etc ??

:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

amdublin wrote: »
    :p

hey am, I'm assuming you've heard about Derek?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Well done again, folks. Nearly 40 pages of generally witless bile and spite. And the great thing is you all can't wait for next Friday night at 9.35 to come around so you can do it all again, can you?

Do you find joy in anything?? Life must be a continual source of disappointment to you when you step outside your front door (I'd say some of you do it the odd time) and find you're actually living in Ireland and not Hatesville, USA.

I mean, honestly, why would someone watch a tv show they obviously dislike and spend 2 hours on their PC to post cutting edge commentary every 5 minutes like "s**t guests again this week" "WTF???" ""This is s**t" "Crap band" "WTF is this guy?" "she's a fat bitch" etc. etc ??

have to agree........

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The LLS thread is usually very funny and informative, as well as critical.

Lies

rovert wrote: »
    The LLS thread is usually very funny and informative, as well as critical.

Lies

Well none of your posts are funny or informative, I'll give you that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Licence free though.........or are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

did you even bother reading the three previous posts, ALL of which are complimentary. The LLS thread is usually very funny and informative, as well as critical. If you dont like it, then dont view it.

Did you read the first two posts that you quoted?

Odd.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Did you read the first two posts that you quoted? Odd.

Odd? The accusation was that "Nearly 40 pages of generally witless bile and spite". The three posts I quoted were complimentary of Derek, contrary to the assertion that EVERYTHING on the LLS thread is critical and negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Ah I see what you mean now, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Well said. I couldn't agree more with you.
    there is a quirky thing in this country called free speech!

Not on this website there isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 missus cat

omg boyzone again :rolleyes:
    paul harrington was good though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

btw, where's Daddy Crystal Swing.. ?? Was he thrown out of the band for using Crystal Meths?

If you came home to them three singing and dancing away in the living room...where would you be???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

I only saw Liz Hurley and Crystal Swing but Ryan Tubridy is every bit as bad an interviewer as Pat ever was. They guy is slagging off Liz Hurley for selling out and you can see it written all over his face he knows he has done the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭awanderer

More importantly : why would anyone bother to read (the "again" make me think regularly) what they consider to be " 40 pages of witless bile and spite " and even take a few minutes to add their own post of " bile and spite " to that thread:confused:.

I don't watch the late late show as I find it equally unbearable presented by Ryan Tubridy as it was with Pat Kenny, but I enjoy reading this tread and the one about the Saturday night show. I'll even admit I turned on the tv for a few minutes to know who that Derek guy with the white pants was:o.

So, to everyone posting here : thanks, you make me laugh and allow me to make sure that I don't miss any essential moments by not watching the LLS:cool:.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

^ Man who trouts out "RTE canteen" or similar lines EVERY single week.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

rovert wrote: »

Yeah?

So what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Originally Posted by rovert viewpost.gif
    Yeah?

So what?

But can't you see....... he trouts something out......... he trouts it.

hey am, I'm assuming you've heard about Derek?

Yes. I've seen and heard Derek. I just don't know if there is anything left to say about Derek. He's something special indeed.

Ryan: Will you do the Hucklebuck for us Derek?
    Derek: Ah'd be awnawed Ryan, only awnawed Ryan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x60BovWjrk

mikom wrote: »
    Originally Posted by rovert viewpost.gif

But can't you see....... he trouts something out......... he trouts it.

He trouts it out?! :eek:

Ah get out you trout :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 TheMaryMc

Just came in from work, turned on telly and there they were again the dreaded Crystal Swing!
    They seem like nice, if deluded, people but why are they getting all this air time on RTE?
    There's definitely something wrong with the national broadcaster giving so much publicity to this weirdness.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭TheRealPONeil

Ryan: Will you do the Hucklebuck for us Derek?
    Derek: Ah'd be awnawed Ryan, only awnawed Ryan.

And you don't sport an accent yourself by any chance ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Just another reason to hate Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

Shít post. Terrible from beginning to end. Poorly thought out, no structure, badly researched.

Also, it's yet another low-post-count account defending an RTÉ show.
    kmick wrote: »
    I only saw Liz Hurley and Crystal Swing but Ryan Tubridy is every bit as bad an interviewer as Pat ever was. They guy is slagging off Liz Hurley for selling out and you can see it written all over his face he knows he has done the same.
    How could Tubridy sell out? When wasn't he part of the establishment?

And you don't sport an accent yourself by any chance ??

Em yes I do. But not one like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭bored and fussy

Jip wrote: »
    Fcuk knows why, I had to check them out on google to see what they're all about. Brought me back to the horrible nights stuck in a little pub in towns where showbands are still big where some guy with a massive PA stuck in a corner plays every hick song known to man and the crowd love it. Bloody awful.

Ah God i loves that:o

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Durty Aul Wan

Get over yourself will you. You sound as if your Mr Tubridy's Mother. Some of us made very positive comments about the show and as for those who didn't there is a quirky thing in this country called free speech!

There's a great difference between free speech and verbal diarrhea. One tends to come out of the mouth, the other has a bigger likelihood to come out of the arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

When it's the flagship show of the national broadcaster and publicly financed, people can say what they like in my view. I would submit that people watch it because it's an institution, bigger than any one presenter. It has the potential to be an amazing show.....but they seem hell bent on slapping together any aul' dross. We watch because we live in hope, but often find the only entertainment to be had from the LLS is laughing at the car crash. If the presenter is sub-par and the guests poor....I hope they are very poor and the Little Lord Fauntleroy of RTE (Tubs) make a number of major gaffes, because at least that will entertain me and I am paying for it, so entertain me!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,911 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Move over Jedward, Crystal Swing are taking over :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Go on the hucklebuck

• Advertisement
Advertisement