Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 12th March

Options
  • 12-03-2010 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

On the Late Late tonight:
    Boyzone, who will discuss the death of their friend and colleague Stephen Gately and perform their new single, 'Gave It All Away'.

Liz Hurley will be discussing her film career and new venture as a swimwear designer.

Making their live debut on the show will be Crystal Swing, who have become internet sensations with their cover of the country song 'He Drinks Tequila'.

sourced from rte.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

55s9s8.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Making their live debut on the show will be Crystal Swing, who have become internet sensations with their cover of the country song 'He Drinks Tequila'.

Fcuk knows why, I had to check them out on google to see what they're all about. Brought me back to the horrible nights stuck in a little pub in towns where showbands are still big where some guy with a massive PA stuck in a corner plays every hick song known to man and the crowd love it. Bloody awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Some US chat show (Ellen maybe?) tweeted about them, and their popularity exploded.

Yeah, I just read that in Ian O'Dohertys column, hence me googling them moments before I saw this thread. I still don't understand why though, is it because to the yanks this is a new fresh sound ?

I wish them all their best in their success but as I said, they sound just like every other C&W troupe you'd see in any village every weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

I think the Late Late production team are confused about why Crystal Swing have become a YouTube hit. It's not because people like the music or their act. It's because its so cringeworthingly awful that so many people have watched it. If CS have played this up knowing full well its a joke then fair play to them. They're a lot more business savvy than I thought. I suspect they really are just naive C&I zealots though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

http://twitter.com/tubridyradio1
    Actually, we did the background on CS family yesterday; genuinely lovely people who appear to get it. The Crystal is from Ms. Gayle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Christ, I reckon I'll have to finish the bottle and eat the worm

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is that Liz Hurley from Molhill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

there is something heartwarming about a brother, sister and mammy lovingly telling the story of a Hispanic lady talking dirty to a drunk, in a trailer park 3000 miles away....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I wonder will social services be keeping an eye on them.. Very, very odd. Derbhla is gorgeous though :-)

• Advertisement

By god those guests are slim pickings.

Liz Hurley may have been relevant once upon a time, possibly 1994-95 ish. And how have I not heard of those 'internet sensations?'. I use the internet all the time.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

ND 1978 wrote: »
    By god those guests are slim pickings.

Liz Hurley may have been relevant once upon a time, possibly 1994-95 ish. And how have I not heard of those 'internet sensations?'. I use the internet all the time.... :(

She was popular for the pin dress and dating Hugh Grant

She is a terrible actress imo

I hope Ryan asks her about Hugh and the prossie :D

Yeah, we'll never forgive Hugh for his misdemeanor with the protestant that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

omg boyzone again :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Ellie Goulding will be on as well singing

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Holy sh!t, Boyzone certainly are getting mileage out of Gately!

walshb wrote: »
    Holy sh!t, Boyzone certainly are getting mileage out of Gately!

Yeah werent they on very recently. And then Ronan was on.. Jaysus.

And Mikey was on last week with the Eurosong.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Yeah, but it's not just the Late Late, every freaking article concerned with them is something referring to Gately. It really is overplayed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Crystal swing are pure embarrassing......Brutal in fact!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Squiggle

falan wrote: »
    Crystal swing are pure embarrassing......Brutal in fact!!!

Hmmm..... They sound perfect for the show so. :pac:

Looking forward to this thread tonight though. It was comedy gold last week. I'm sure there's bound to be a laugh with Crystal Swing and Boyzone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Mums hot, that is their mum?

Holy jaysus, if he does this tonight, it could be the first time the show is funnier than the thread.. Love the dance solo in the middle. some performer, our Derek.

I'm warming to them actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Holy jaysus, if he does this tonight, it could be the first time the show is funnier than the thread.. Love the dance solo in the middle. some performer, our Derek.
    that is just brilliant i couldn't stop laughing, good oul derek he's a good little mover:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,329 ✭✭✭Agonist

That camera work has to be seen to be believed. No wonder the Irish have started winning Oscars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Liz Hurley will be discussing her film career[/I]
    That's not gonna take long:-D
    She will also be talking to Amanda Brunker in the Sunday World magazine: desperate times Liz...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Poly

Were Boyzone not on the Late Late milking their dead freind's death already?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

I don't understand how Boyzone and the other ones are on the Late Late so often. They are on every second week. Pat Kenny used to just kiss their asses. Why??? :(

Advertisement