Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 12th March

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

I'm not sure you will see much of Gerald Keane in the media after this..

I know nothing about Keane but that interview was car-crash because of Ger Colleran shouting over Cooper and Keane, as Keane tried to respond.

How many times did he harp on about Keanes drink-driving conviction (which Keane pleaded guilty to and immediately admitted his wrong-doing to both gardaí on the night he was caught and to the media after his conviction). Ad hominem at its worst but no surprise coming from a tabloid journalist.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Cris Jones

RubyBlu wrote: »
    Imagine a foreigner switching on that show tonight to catch a glimpse of life in Ireland.
    I'd say a "foreigner" would think the show was enjoyable, like most viewers.
    Better than looking out at the litter Irish people throw around them, for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭RubyBlu

Duggy747 wrote: »
    This kind of thing reminds me of German TV with the tackiness!

The mother and daughter sure makes something swing for me, though ;)

You are so right. I was thinking of those Mexican/South American channels. The women dress very slutty on them and they are really cheesy.

I do like Ryan though and can only imagine it was torture interviewing those women. You could tell he was trying to pretend he was interested in talking about the baby and what he got up to. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

sesna wrote: »
    I know nothing about Keane but that interview was car-crash because of Ger Colleran shouting over Cooper and Keane, as Keane tried to respond.

How many times did he harp on about Keanes drink-driving conviction (which Keane pleaded guilty to and immediately admitted his wrong-doing to both gardaí on the night he was caught and to the media after his conviction). Ad hominem at its worst but no surprise coming from a tabloid journalist.

Jaysus, I can't believe it, I actually feel sorry for Gerrard Keane!

Colleran is a Daily Mail wannabee.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

Fentdog84 wrote: »
    Here, here. They seem like really nice people :), but they're only making fools of themselves. Stop it.

i think fentdog has nailed it....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭i57dwun4yb1pt8

K-9 wrote: »

Sorry, had to laugh at this post straight after the video was posted.

will someone please kill them !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 PaisleyJunior

I enjoyed it too, bit of craic and chat on a Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Crystal Swing are hilarious... The status updates they leave on their Facebook fan page are priceless...

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

Crystal Swing are hilarious... The status updates they leave on their Facebook fan page are priceless...

It would be if it was actually them.. Right, I'm ducking under the covers.. wake me when it's 2017 and they're gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Every week I read comments here having a go at the show. Crap guests, bad music, bad interviewing by Pat Kenny or Ryan Tubridy, boring etc etc,
    but surely no one would disagree that The Huckleback was one of the funniest things that has probably ever been seen on live TV, even though that was not the intention of them being guests at all!

I had tears in my eyes watching him dance. You have to admire them for pure neck and they really seem to think they are entertainers in a serious sense and not that people find them hilarious. Fair play to them.

Can't wait for the clip to be on You Tube, will watch it whenever I need a laugh!

Edit: Just saw the interview with Robbie 'do you know who I am?' Keane's wife. Her mother looks ridiculous and I would be embarrassed to have a mother looking like that. What is the obsession of lots of Irish women with fake blonde hair, fake tans and ridiculously short skirts? Why were they on the show?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

murpho999 wrote: »
    Can't wait for the clip to be on You Tube, will watch it whenever I need a laugh!

Way behind the times Murph, it's up there already.. ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭fontanalis

I only saw a tiny bit of the huckle buck, alas some things cannot be unseen1

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭friendface

fontanalis wrote: »
    I only saw a tiny bit of the huckle buck, alas some things cannot be unseen1

You watched it! You can't unwatch it!

http://www.gotfuturama.com/Multimedia/EpisodeSounds/3ACV18/10.mp3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I thought I'd be cringing, but I was acually bawling my eyes laughin at them. Everyone will be wearing white suits to the pub tonight!

I'd have them over Jedward any day. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭BennyBlanko

Everyone will be wearing white suits to the pub tonight!

ehhhhhhhhhhhhh, No:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

That was quite possibly the most entertaining Late Late Show ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

jobless wrote: »
    they should have nell mccafferty on and told her it wasnt live! :)

The less we see of that windbag the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Some of the comments as usual on the Youtube videos are hysterical.

And some just nasty, usual keyboard warriors who can say what they want from the safety of behind the keyboard :rolleyes:

I say fair play to them, they made me burst my sides laughing. The funniest part was the head on the mother when they were performing and then getting really into it when theh guy was doing the huckly bucky :D Imagine if he'd taken the head of some 'auld wan when he was gyrating away in the audience :D

As for those who rant about crap guests , crap interviews etc, why are watching it :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

walshb wrote: »
    BTW, would she have looked sideways at Robbie Keane if he wasn't
    a rich footballer?

She might have, to make sure he didn't rob her purse...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AilishB

Anyone have any idea how I could find out where Liz Hurley got her dress on last night's show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭joannaman

AilishB wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea how I could find out where Liz Hurley got her dress on last night's show?

Sure call in to her swimwear shop in Kildare. From the sounds of it, she's working the tills. Her hubby must have lost a lot in the recession. She'll probably sell the dress to you if you make a decent offer too!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Derek is a hero amongst men.
    Serious pair of stones on him.

oh man, just watched Derek there again while sending the link on to someone else, brought tears to my eyes again.. The kind of half moonwalk he does at the top of the steps of the audience is hilarious. Once again well done Derek.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Well, everyone took the piss out of him but he certainly cheered up an otherwise depressing weekend for me. He's an entertainer and great value. They'll LOVE him in the states...

Go Derek!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Durty Aul Wan

Well done again, folks. Nearly 40 pages of generally witless bile and spite. And the great thing is you all can't wait for next Friday night at 9.35 to come around so you can do it all again, can you?

Do you find joy in anything?? Life must be a continual source of disappointment to you when you step outside your front door (I'd say some of you do it the odd time) and find you're actually living in Ireland and not Hatesville, USA.

I mean, honestly, why would someone watch a tv show they obviously dislike and spend 2 hours on their PC to post cutting edge commentary every 5 minutes like "s**t guests again this week" "WTF???" ""This is s**t" "Crap band" "WTF is this guy?" "she's a fat bitch" etc. etc ??

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Derek is a hero amongst men.
    Serious pair of stones on him.
    oh man, just watched Derek there again while sending the link on to someone else, brought tears to my eyes again.. The kind of half moonwalk he does at the top of the steps of the audience is hilarious. Once again well done Derek.
    Well, everyone took the piss out of him but he certainly cheered up an otherwise depressing weekend for me. He's an entertainer and great value. They'll LOVE him in the states...Go Derek!

Well done again, folks. Nearly 40 pages of generally witless bile and spite. And the great thing is you all can't wait for next Friday night at 9.35 to come around so you can do it all again, can you?

did you even bother reading the three previous posts, ALL of which are complimentary. The LLS thread is usually very funny and informative, as well as critical. If you dont like it, then dont view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Do you find joy in anything?? Life must be a continual source of disappointment to you when you step outside your front door (I'd say some of you do it the odd time) and find you're actually living in Ireland and not Hatesville, USA.

I mean, honestly, why would someone watch a tv show they obviously dislike and spend 2 hours on their PC to post cutting edge commentary every 5 minutes like "s**t guests again this week" "WTF???" ""This is s**t" "Crap band" "WTF is this guy?" "she's a fat bitch" etc. etc ??

No i think i`m busy next Friday night :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

I mean, honestly, why would someone watch a tv show they obviously dislike and spend 2 hours on their PC to post cutting edge commentary every 5 minutes like "s**t guests again this week" "WTF???"

This clear enough for ya?

2hrq4bs.gif

You gotta get your moneys worth somehow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Ryan would never refer to his Misses in the sack as "Dirty Aul Wan"

Would he :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Southsider1

Get over yourself will you. You sound as if your Mr Tubridy's Mother. Some of us made very positive comments about the show and as for those who didn't there is a quirky thing in this country called free speech!

Advertisement