Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010.

Options
12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thedeerhunter

It is a shame this game is a bit buggy but then every other F1 game I've ever played has been pretty bad too.. doesn't stop me from playing it until I go crosseyed and I realize I've been sitting in the one spot for 24 hours..

Apart from the bugs I love the way it requires so much concentration.. Especially on expert mode with all assists off..
    I played Suzuka last night in a McLaren on expert and it took me until the early hours of the morning to just post a half decent lap..

If I was to give a tip for driving on expert (not being an expert myself ) its that you really need to carry as much speed through the bends as you can to keep the downforce high (It's great the way that it actually takes this into account). For example the first two righthand bends after the home straight in Suzuka.. If you brake too hard on the first bend and try to go around the 2nd it will spin out even if you give it 2% welly.. Seriously unforgiving..

Also, sticking bang on the line is a must.. So maybe turn on the guide first and then switch it off when you know your way..

Gotta say I'm lovin it.. slightly dissapointing it has so many bugs but it has more than enough good points to make up for it..

Anyone got tips for me on driving without assists? :confused:

Getting pole on expert would be crazy satisfying!

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

Anyone got tips for me on driving without assists? :confused:
    Look to custom setups. There are plenty out there showing you good ones for each track.
    Just using the stock engineering ones won't cut it once you go above medium setting.

As you said your self - you have to maximise the downforce during a corner so you can hit the throttle faster. This is critical with no assists as there is no traction control to help you round.. I'm using a wheel and good rule of thumb for me is to not hit throttle coming out of a bend until the wheel is back to between 1 and 2 o'clock. Hard to remember under pressure though.

Avoid the kerbs as much as possible. Over time you'll learn those that you can go over and those you can't.. Most are the latter though and will spin you as soon as you put a wheel on them if braking or accelerating.

Again with the custom setting on braking.. Find a braking config that suits you so you don't lock up. Even resort to the old foot on/off/on movement with the brake to avoid it. Locking up at 150mph is a bitch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 thedeerhunter

DemoniK wrote: »
    Look to custom setups. There are plenty out there showing you good ones for each track.

Thanks for the advice! I don't have a wheel and I've always found them though to use.. It's tricky getting the accuracy on the controller though.. Like gradually steering out to the exit of the bend while gradually feeding the power in.. Maybe it's a nack thing but I have been playing PS racing games for alot of years now..

Also, I can't find a list of custom setups anywhere.. Apperantly the codemasters site links a site that is having server trouble.. Could someone paste a few setups here so I can try them out...

Cheers!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭maxfresh

i like this game its pretty addictive but i dont like in the pit stops the other cars turn into ghost cars and drive through you. I found some setups here

[HTML]http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-setups/[/HTML]

Advertisement