Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2010.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

lol
    I know what you mean... :)

After 3hrs am starting to get there. It really is unforgiving during qualification though.. Cut a corner and that's it - lap invalidated...
    At least now I have my braking down so I don't just slam into the back of other cars. But definitely struggling to keep within the kerbs on some corners. Wouldn't be too bad if it was the same corner all the time - but I ace one only to screw up the next.

Despite the penalty system the game is great. Really loving the need to concentrate. And when you start getting it right, it really is rewarding.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Just posted this over on the simracing forum, thought id post here too incase you lads may be interested.
    Heres a couple of screenshots i took of a modified cockpit view im using now.
    While the default isnt bad the sense of speed is not great so i found myself using the T cam which is great but i like to play from cockpit for extra realism. sense of speed is great with this modded view.

Default cockpit
    f12010game2010092409492.jpg

Modded cockpit
    f12010game2010092409544.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Not seeing a massive difference there. :pac:

amacachi wrote: »
    Not seeing a massive difference there. :pac:

Proper link added now :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is it lower down? Edit, you can barely even see the road in that 1st view.

I always play my racing games in the 1st person view, without the cockpit/dashboard. Always just seems much faster.

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    Is it lower down? Edit, you can barely even see the road in that 1st view.

I always play my racing games in the 1st person view, without the cockpit/dashboard. Always just seems much faster.

The second screenie is the modded view, yes its raised a bit,huge difference to the sense of speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭theShawzer

DemoniK wrote: »
    Despite the penalty system the game is great. Really loving the need to concentrate. And when you start getting it right, it really is rewarding.

I know how that feels. Just did practice for my 4th race and I was quicker than Trulli! YES! It really is rewarding when you start to improve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Super game. Well worth the purchase. The penalty system is a bit **** though. A car spun right in front of me while dueling with another driver and I was penalised for causing a crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Bought it today and have to say I am enjoying it. Penalty system is better than F1 Championship Edition but is still buggy to say the least. Trying the online mode at the moment which isn't bad. If anyone want an online race or two then add me and I'll give you a challenge! PSN: Richieh76

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Yay just bought it cant wait to stick in on :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,121 ✭✭✭rameire

just updating the ps3 before i go and play.
    ant wait.
    online name is rameire

dont know where to start.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭DemoniK

@dcully
    You using PC? If PS3 - tell us how you modded the cockpit view...
    I tried it but as you point out it's way too low. Would like to raise the perspective to the drivers eye rather than the bottom of his helmet.
    Can't see how though - hence I wonder if your a PC driver...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Just got this. Will probably be burning the midnight oil with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Wow just started playing it and its even better than I had imagined it to be :D The sense of speed from the cars is excellent and now I just have to purchase myself a wheel.

DemoniK wrote: »
    @dcully
    You using PC? If PS3 - tell us how you modded the cockpit view...
    I tried it but as you point out it's way too low. Would like to raise the perspective to the drivers eye rather than the bottom of his helmet.
    Can't see how though - hence I wonder if your a PC driver...

Yeah im on pc mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

For anyone looking for a steering wheel on a budget, have a look at http://www.zavvi.com/games/games-accessories/logitech-driving-force-ps3-wireless-steering-wheel/10074157.html .

Main issue with the wheel is the lack of foot pedals though.

Got this game yesterday and have been playing with that wheel. Excellent game so far but very unforgiving if you drop your concentration at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Man this game is so hard im only playing on normal but cant get anywhere near the pack. Ill start in 24th battle my way up to 6th or 7th then ill have to pit ill come out in 24th and will spend the last 4 or 5 laps trying to catch the guy in 23rd to no avail. Im hoping that once i get into the career further that it will start to get easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah im on pc mate.

That's a shame. The feature to change the cockpit view does not seem to be available on 360 (and I presume the PS3) versions. Although I'm sure it's very realistic, it is a bit low to see the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Loving this game atm, had a great 12 man session last nite with clan members.

I dont see how people can play with TC off tho ! :D

My only tip atm is to change your pitting strategy. There is usually a **** load of drivers coming in on the 4th lap (If your playing 10% thing, i think) so sometimes you get ****ed over and sometimes take 10-15 second pit stops, i tend to put my pitstop on after the 5th lap for a much clearer pit lane.

Magill wrote: »
    Loving this game atm, had a great 12 man session last nite with clan members.

I dont see how people can play with TC off tho ! :D

My only tip atm is to change your pitting strategy. There is usually a **** load of drivers coming in on the 4th lap (If your playing 10% thing, i think) so sometimes you get ****ed over and sometimes take 10-15 second pit stops, i tend to put my pitstop on after the 5th lap for a much clearer pit lane.

You should go mad and go for the opposite strategy and put primes on first and pit on lap 8 or 9! I learned this after I lost 2 places over a 9 sec pit stop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Im playing with all driving ads off. NO ABS or traction control . Its so easy to spin if you hit the power a fraction to early. I think i will stick with no ads and try an get to grips with it. Its very rewarding when you get a great lap together but you have to be on the ball during the race as one spin and you are at the back of the pack and playing catch up. Is there anyone else driving with no ads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

The brake assistance is an absolute waste of time. I turned it off and my lap times dropped massively on some tracks (ie. Monaco)

Getting pretty p****d off with the pit stops. Managed to get pole in Turkey in a Lotus(no idea how) and went into my pit in the lead, did a perfect pit stop and I didn't get released for 10 seconds after I was ready. Didn't release me into a big gap but waited another 5 seconds and released me into a smaller gap than the one before...

Well guys having spent a lot of time with the game this week i can confirm the game is absolutely riddled with bugs 30-40 major bugs reported on most of the community sites,everything from pitstop bugs to corrupt save files.
    Also it looks like codemasters lied to us all too, they said the AI making mistakes would not be scripted, they are.
    Also the lead dev guy admitted on his twitter that the AI dont even qualify its all just a random calculation.
    Ive personally seen the AI in qualification in Spa qualify @ 1:19 totally totally unrealistic times.
    Now we know why they didnt release any form of demo as at best the game is in beta form.

Codies have stated that they have planned a meeting first thing Monday morning to discuss the issues and a possible patch.

Links to the tweets

http://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/25443565012

http://twitter.com/T4RG4/status/25443565012

Disgraceful they release a game in this state.
    Pretty much every fansite and the official sites are in uproar.

Despite this the game has huge potential and im still enjoying it but ill admit the rubber band AI is a major turn off.

Back to the topic of custom cockpit views, yeah its only possible on the pc version.
    Its not an actual feature in the game but its a manual editing of the game files that makes it possible.
    Heres a quick video i made of my current custom cockpit view,graphics and sound quality reduced to keep the file relatively small to upload on my bog standard eircom line, god i wish we could get fibre in our area.
    As always im running with no aids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8qK0jLGTjE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

I have only been able to play this for about 45 mins so far since I got it but your post is certainly worrying. They are some shower. After the joke that was Operation Flashpoint, they have some neck to release a game in this state again. If they don't sort these problems VERY soon I'd like to think that they'll struggle to sell copies of future releases. Their software testing team would appear to be the general public.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭EireEV

What's AI?? Anyway of playing 2 player split screen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jesus i must be insanely luckly, coz ive not come across anything by way of major bugs so far, so im standing by my 5/5 review score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

EireEV wrote: »
    What's AI??

artificial intelligence

• Registered Users Posts: 11,288 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

One thing I have to ask is about the frame rate on the reflection on the cars? is it really slow for people?

its really smooth on this version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=537OS15Z5W0
    but its quite sluggish on mine, I run mine in HD as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

It is full of bugs. Im glad I only rented it, bored of it already.

Advertisement