Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kelliejordan

micky2122 wrote: »
    Hey everyone!!

I'm hopefully going to Ruwais in August 2013 and was wondering if anyone would share their personal experience :) The reason I say hopeful is that I didn't understand what they meant by attested degree. I'm in the process of doing this but I think I will miss my deadline :( Fingers crossed....

Same thing happened to me I didn't know what they meant by attested hopefully we'll be ok though, I'm going to Ruwais too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaltyDee

Hey I'm going to Ruwais too, Glad i found some other people going was getting nervous! Anyone else going add me on facebook Kellie Jordan :)

Cool, seems at b a gud gang goon. I was a bit worried cause gettin da impression it's small wit not much happening but sure wel ave our craic! Is ur cover pic of a dog? Ders a few kellie Jordan's.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 MaltyDee

LizT wrote: »
    Still waiting for mine back from the UK :/ Emailed the school and they said just to send it on as soon as I get it! We just have to scan it in, right?

I sent you a friend request on FB :)

Accepted :) awh dats not 2 bad so, dey seem easy goin lik. stop we won't feel it now. Flight dates got 2day, al so real now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 c.k28

Hi guys am just wondering does anyone know what happens when you fail an exam......I failed one of my exams in May and now have a repeat in early August and am ****ting it that this will effect my contract :-/ Is anyone else in this position too or know of anyone this has happened to in previous years!...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kelliejordan

MaltyDee wrote: »
    Cool, seems at b a gud gang goon. I was a bit worried cause gettin da impression it's small wit not much happening but sure wel ave our craic! Is ur cover pic of a dog? Ders a few kellie Jordan's.

I was really worried as well only found this thread and the Facebook group the other day! It does seem quiet there but sure I hear loads of people travel to Dubai on weekends I'd say We'll end up doin that a fair bit! Yea that's my Facebook! Serious nerves kickin in now that we got our date!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

I was really worried as well only found this thread and the Facebook group the other day! It does seem quiet there but sure I hear loads of people travel to Dubai on weekends I'd say We'll end up doin that a fair bit! Yea that's my Facebook! Serious nerves kickin in now that we got our date!!

Same here but at least we're all in the same boat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KR915

Hi guys, I am so happy to have finally found a forum for SABIS! It took me forever to find one! I from the U.S. and headed to Manama, Bahrain in August any one else headed there?! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10 lulavenus

KR915 wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am so happy to have finally found a forum for SABIS! It took me forever to find one! I from the U.S. and headed to Manama, Bahrain in August any one else headed there?! :)

YES! Someone else going to Manama!

timbertime wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Just wondering do ye know if its too late to apply for this year? And what's the average age of the teachers heading out? I'm 27 and don't want to be seen as a granny.
    Thanks

I'm 27. My mate also applied but didn't bother taking her application much further - she got an email from SABIS just yesterday saying they still have positions to fill if she's interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 kirstk86

I have had to decline my offer because the contract appears to be too tight/strict on absence and it's my sisters wedding in October. Does anyone know if they have offered positions after October time before?- I have emailed the HR team but as you are all fimilar... they are not responding very swiftly!!! I was half thinking of emailing Sean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭O-Deazy

kirstk86 wrote: »
    I have had to decline my offer because the contract appears to be too tight/strict on absence and it's my sisters wedding in October. Does anyone know if they have offered positions after October time before?- I have emailed the HR team but as you are all fimilar... they are not responding very swiftly!!! I was half thinking of emailing Sean?

It depends on whether they fill all their positions or if teachers leave for one reason or another. I started last January and from what I've seen a few positions usually open up after Christmas with people not returning! Yea time off is next to impossible to get for anything other than a funeral back home. If you tell them from what date you're available and to keep you in mind should a position open up, you might get a place.

O-Deazy wrote: »
    It depends on whether they fill all their positions or if teachers leave for one reason or another. I started last January and from what I've seen a few positions usually open up after Christmas with people not returning! Yea time off is next to impossible to get for anything other than a funeral back home. If you tell them from what date you're available and to keep you in mind should a position open up, you might get a place.

That instills me with so much optimisim...

lulavenus wrote: »
    That instills me with so much optimisim...

Ha.. Don't worry too much, its just not for everyone!

Thanks for this.... promising news I guess...
    I did ask a girl from the school I was accepted to -what they were like on absence, she said they would'nt let a friend of her's home for her granny's funeral so I did'nt want to live on edge until the wedding and not get my passport back to travel!!!!!!!

kirstk86 wrote: »
    Thanks for this.... promising news I guess...
    I did ask a girl from the school I was accepted to -what they were like on absence, she said they would'nt let a friend of her's home for her granny's funeral so I did'nt want to live on edge until the wedding and not get my passport back to travel!!!!!!!

I was going to sugggest kill off a fictional great uncle and go back home for the ''funeral'' but if they're that bad, maybe don't chance that. And maybe your morals aren't as loose as mine in relation to killing off imaginary family members!

I was going to sugggest kill off a fictional great uncle and go back home for the ''funeral'' but if they're that bad, maybe don't chance that. And maybe your morals aren't as loose as mine in relation to killing off imaginary family members!

Well I did plan on killing my grandfather, mainly bcos I don't have one, I have a second passport aswell, but I am one of thoes people everything and anything happens to me/ soo I've taken the chicken route and told the truth! half thinking a bad move but sure anyways...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 galwaygirl25

hi guys,
    im working in Sabis in Qatar for a few years now. did ye get a date for coming over yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Charmaine1

Hi all, I have recently applied for roles via the sabis careers site. When can I expect to hear from them and what is the process? Any help would be great!

Charmaine1 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have recently applied for roles via the sabis careers site. When can I expect to hear from them and what is the process? Any help would be great!

Did you apply for this academic year? or to start in 2014?

Did you apply for this academic year? or to start in 2014?

Yes for this academic year. Sean Cooney is away so I dealing with other members and it does not seem to be getting me anywhere in regards to progress with my applications. Any tips would be great.

• Advertisement

Yes for this academic year. Sean Cooney is away so I dealing with other members and it does not seem to be getting me anywhere in regards to progress with my applications. Any tips would be great.

To be honest I didn't deal with Sean Cooney at all. Just whoever was based in their offices in the UAE. They do still need teachers so I'm sure you'll be ok and they'll fast track you through somehow. Drop them another email to see how progress is going. :)

To be honest I didn't deal with Sean Cooney at all. Just whoever was based in their offices in the UAE. They do still need teachers so I'm sure you'll be ok and they'll fast track you through somehow. Drop them another email to see how progress is going. :)

Thanks for that, do you have the email details of your contact as it just seems to be a nightmare getting hold of the right person. :D

Thanks for that, do you have the email details of your contact as it just seems to be a nightmare getting hold of the right person. :D

Mazen Ezzeddine. Just tell them you've applied for this year and would like to monitor how your application is getting on.

mezzeddine@sabis.net

Mazen Ezzeddine. Just tell them you've applied for this year and would like to monitor how your application is getting on.

mezzeddine@sabis.net

Star, thank you very much for that!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 coconutdrizzle

Hi ....so i've a phone interview with sabis tomorrow.... and i was sent an email with this website :http://www.iscuae-sabis.net/applicants/login.aspx?return=%2fapplicants%2fdefault.aspx asking me to fill out the questionnaire before the interview......only problem is my email address and password isn't working.....ugh typical ehhh......anybody else having problems logging on?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Irish Orla

Hi coconut drizzle!

Just a quick question! When did you first contact SABIS about teaching with them? because your phone interview seems to be late in comparison to others. I applied less than a week ago and still haven't heard anything back! :-(

I applied about 2 months ago id say....ahhh don't worry theres' still hope. I couldn't even fill out that questionnaire yolk for the phone interview tomorrow like........things are looking bad already :(

If you can't log in they can't hold that against you!
    You'll be fine, my friend said his phone interview was a breeze! Asked him if he agreed with the sabis system and why.
    Ugh I just wish they would atleast email me back or something!
    Did you apply through sabis careers? :-)

Ohhh really? Thats not too bad so :D. Ahhh they'l surely get in contact with you soon. I'd say there are an amount of people applying though so not getting my hopes up or anything. Did you do a TEFL course? I didn't...hopefully they won't ask about that in the interview :/

• Advertisement

Nope don't have a TEFL, just an Arts degree, geography and economics! You don't need a TEFL course....my friend has the same degree as me, no TEFL and he was hired! He LOVES it!
    Best of luck with your phone interview :-)
    Just make sure you agree 100% with the sabis system oh and compare it with the Irish education system if you get the chance :-)

Fingers crossed :-)

Advertisement