Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UAE, DUBAI/SABIS TEACHING!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

Sharjah as well! Boyfriend is going to Doha..Them's the breaks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 shjlmy22

Oh that's great to hear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Niamh91

Hiya, I just got an e-mail today from the ISC confirming that my location is in Muscat, Omen. Have you heard from the school yet? :):):)

Heya no I havent heard from the school yet I think it will be a few weeks/a month before we do? Am very excited but nervous!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 theluckyirish

Niamh91 wrote: »
    Heya no I havent heard from the school yet I think it will be a few weeks/a month before we do? Am very excited but nervous!

Hiya,

I'm the same I don't really know what to expect..... It looks like a nice spot from what I've been researching on the location.:)

Hiya,

I'm the same I don't really know what to expect..... It looks like a nice spot from what I've been researching on the location.:)
    Will send u a pm with details to stay in touch over facebook or something. I have contacted a girl who is out there at the moment and loving it so sounds great :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 dawn13

Hey, I got Sharjah too. My friend got Muscat but i don't know if she will go. Do u know anybody else that got Sharjah, or what the accommodation is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 McCliona

Hey ya got an email today saying I got Ruwais!! Have been on google doesn't seem like the most exciting place in the world!?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eoinmjmac

dawn13 wrote: »
    Hey, I got Sharjah too. My friend got Muscat but i don't know if she will go. Do u know anybody else that got Sharjah, or what the accommodation is like?

Hey me and my girlfriend got Sharjah.there seems to be a lot of us going there this year. Was talking to one of my friends who is out there at the moment and she absolutely loves it so happy days. Handy that its so close to Dubai for whenever we need to get in and out :-)

My boyfriend is teaching in dubai so it is very handy. I was lookin up info for sharjah n people are basically saying that its a **** hole :( the wanderers club looks cool tho so at least we have that durin d week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 nrsire

Hi guys, did anyone submit a video CV?

• Advertisement

Your friend should go to Muscat. Is she worried about taking it because its Oman? I know somebody that has been in Muscat the past 3 years if she would like someone to contact about it before deciding? May help her come to a decision:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48 craftynici

nrsire wrote: »
    Hi guys, did anyone submit a video CV?

Hi!

I submitted a video CV as I received an email from a SABIS representative asking me to send it on. It only takes approx 2 mins...just introduce yourself and give a synopsis of your CV. Finish off by saying why you are applying to SABIS and the qualities you may bring!

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

McCliona wrote: »
    Hey ya got an email today saying I got Ruwais!! Have been on google doesn't seem like the most exciting place in the world!?

Few of us going to Ruwais add me on Facebook Mark McGettigan my profile pic is me and a black guy :)

Your friend should go to Muscat. Is she worried about taking it because its Oman? I know somebody that has been in Muscat the past 3 years if she would like someone to contact about it before deciding? May help her come to a decision:)

Yes that would be brilliant. Can u send me her email or Facebook info. Thanks a mill :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 powerl43

hey did anyone get ras al khamaih?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Trishypa

Hi! Me and two of my friends got offered a place in an area called The Green Community. It's just south of Dubai! Did anyone else get offered a place there? It looks pretty quiet so we'll have to learn to make our own fun :)

Yes that would be brilliant. Can u send me her email or Facebook info. Thanks a mill :)

Just sent it to you now in mail :) Let me know what she decides to do and I can give her my details to get in contact if she goes to Muscat:)

Did anyone get offered a place or know anyone who got offered a place in Khalifa City Abu Dhabi?!?

Just sent it to you now in mail :) Let me know what she decides to do and I can give her my details to get in contact if she goes to Muscat:)

Hey I still didn receive d private mail. Add me on fb, dawn nash

Hey guys,

Does anyone know anything about the accommodation we will be staying in? I got accepted to ISC Muscat- Oman and I'm just wondering about accommodation as there seems to nothing about it on this thread....... Info, would be greatly appreciated :):)

• Advertisement

Hey guys,

Does anyone know anything about the accommodation we will be staying in? I got accepted to ISC Muscat- Oman and I'm just wondering about accommodation as there seems to nothing about it on this thread....... Info, would be greatly appreciated :):)

Hey, congrats on your job offer!! I hear Oman is supposed to be a lovely place :)

From what I hear, the school which you are going to work for will contact you in the coming weeks/months about flights and accommodation.

Hope this helps ya :)

craftynici wrote: »
    Hey, congrats on your job offer!! I hear Oman is supposed to be a lovely place :)

From what I hear, the school which you are going to work for will contact you in the coming weeks/months about flights and accommodation.

Hope this helps ya :)

Hiya,

Thanks for the response I really appreciate it..... Was hope for a little bit more information like the type of accommodation they will be putting us in and if when they say that it is fully furnished will this be adequate for what we will need ? ?

Is anyone out there at the moment that could shed some light on the topic.

But thank your for your reply,

Hiya,

Thanks for the response I really appreciate it..... Was hope for a little bit more information like the type of accommodation they will be putting us in and if when they say that it is fully furnished will this be adequate for what we will need ? ?

Is anyone out there at the moment that could shed some light on the topic.

But thank your for your

I know a few people in d uae that work for sabis and i have seen their apartments. They are fully furnished, meaning everything that u would need. Very basic but comfortable. Im assuming oman would be the same as its d same company. Usually it is a shared apartment with another teacher but u can request to live alone too.

Best of luck.

Hi Dawn 13,

Thanks for the info :):):)

craftynici wrote: »
    Did anyone get offered a place or know anyone who got offered a place in Khalifa City Abu Dhabi?!?

Hia Nici,

two girls I know got Khalifa City, I will pm you my friends name if you want to get in contact :)

Hia Nici,

two girls I know got Khalifa City, I will pm you my friends name if you want to get in contact :)

Cheers lady:) Was getting slightly when I didn't see many people getting Khalifa City!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 sarah1302

Is it too late to apply for a position at SABIS now? I got an email a few days ago asking me to send on my CV and they then sent me an application form.. I'm nearly finished it and just about to send it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭carolmarx

sarah1302 wrote: »
    Is it too late to apply for a position at SABIS now? I got an email a few days ago asking me to send on my CV and they then sent me an application form.. I'm nearly finished it and just about to send it off!

Hey Sarah they're still doing telephone interviews so definitely not too late!

Hi Sarah,

I don't think it is too late to send on your application. I know they needed to find a good number of teachers so there is no harm in applying.

Make sure you've all your documents so that there will be no delay in response!

Best of luck with your application :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Pixie250

Hi Sarah1302, I just sent my application last Thursday evening and they replied to me on Sunday morning saying I should submit my video c.v and resume ASAP. I sent it off yest, but I'd say they were finished for wknd by the time I had it sent!! So I would say send it. I no a few people out there at the mo and one off the girls only started in sept last year filling a place someone else dropped out off after teacher training in August. Best of luck :)

Advertisement