Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Metrolink (just Metrolink posts here -see post #1 )

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

MJohnston wrote: »
    Their Dublin spokesperson has given statements that indicate that in the past:
    https://www.fiannafail.ie/scaled-down-metro-north-plan-could-mean-losing-up-to-67-capacity-ff/
    https://www.fiannafail.ie/government-must-provide-update-on-status-of-metro-north/

There's also the fact that they were the government that originally started planning for its construction, and that the Luas and DART were built under FF government.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like FF and will be rather depressed to see them in govt, but at least the potential for MN to be accelerated may be a sort of silver lining to it.
    I think you'll find it difficult to find a party who doesn't pay lip service to MN.

2 disconnected Luas lines and the eletricifican of an exciting rail line. Not much to write home about after being in power for the majority of the last 80 years

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

I think you'll find it difficult to find a party who doesn't pay lip service to MN.

2 disconnected Luas lines and the eletricifican of an exciting rail line. Not much to write home about after being in power for the majority of the last 80 years

Ok, you think FF aren't interested in MN then?

Ok, you think FF aren't interested in MN then?

Same level of interest as everyone else. We'll get around to it eventually but sure Donegal needs its Luas and Inis Mór needed an airport

Same level of interest as everyone else. We'll get around to it eventually but sure Donegal needs its Luas and Inis Mór needed an airport

Well, I have to disagree. I think FF are more likely to spend on infrastructure than Fine Gael (I'm leaving out the other parties, because it's sadly realistic about who is likely to be in government).

Well, I have to disagree. I think FF are more likely to spend on infrastructure than Fine Gael (I'm leaving out the other parties, because it's sadly realistic about who is likely to be in government).

The evidence doesn't bear that up. At least not when it comes to public transport infrastructure.

• Advertisement

The evidence doesn't bear that up. At least not when it comes to public transport infrastructure.

Sorry, but the evidence does. What PT infrastructure have FG spent on? And not stuff that was already in progress when they took power.

Sorry, but the evidence does. What PT infrastructure have FG spent on? And not stuff that was already in progress when they took power.

In fairness to FG they are generally left cleaning up after FF and for the record I'm not a fan of either party

In fairness to FG they are generally left cleaning up after FF and for the record I'm not a fan of either party

As I said, I dislike both parties, but objectively speaking I think we're simply more likely to see Metro North built earlier under FF than FG (I'll still be voting Social Democrats myself should we have an election this year).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,084 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

A key point and I'm not a fan of either.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Bray Head

The political persuasion of the incumbent Minister for Transport, or even the complexion of the government does not matter much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

...and FF were in power when the Harcourt line was closed in the first place, so they get no points for the Green Line ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,754 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

Alan Farrell in the media suggesting Metro North could be fast tracked, with the help of potential capital review money, could it? http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/time-for-ross-to-get-on-board-and-deliver-on-metro-35428071.html listened to his interview on Near FM http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=20896 dont think Alan Farrell explains how.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Alan Farrell in the media suggesting Metro North could be fast tracked, with the help of potential capital review money, could it? http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/time-for-ross-to-get-on-board-and-deliver-on-metro-35428071.html listened to his interview on Near FM http://nearfm.ie/podcast/?p=20896 dont think Alan Farrell explains how.
    It doesn't need any fast tracking. All they need to do is stop pumping money into the new rubbish Metro and just proceed with the old one. The amount of money being wasted on "new Metro North" is obscene. Gold plated my ****

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ringostare

Clueless waffle. Farrell is referring to 'optimized' metro north. He wants that fast tracked. But as it's following a new underground route such 'fast tracking' is not really possible, given all the new consultations, ground investigations.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,743 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

one way or another we're getting a new Taoiseach shortly, so I doubt any major decisions are imminent.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

ringostare wrote: »
    Clueless waffle. Farrell is referring to 'optimized' metro north. He wants that fast tracked. But as it's following a new underground route such 'fast tracking' is not really possible, given all the new consultations, ground investigations.

He also thinks planning permission expired on the original Metro Moth route

https://twitter.com/highnellybike/status/832003188014342144

https://twitter.com/highnellybike/status/832006241673166850

https://twitter.com/highnellybike/status/832007488824295424

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ringostare

I see Paddy Power has the bould Farrell at 100 to 1 on for the gold medal at the Eejit Olympics.

Jaysus, so ignorant of facts he should be in possession of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭jd

Deedsie wrote: »
    Next Minister for Transport anyone?
    I think the current Minister mixes up the NTA and the NTMA!

https://twitter.com/highnellybike/status/830028705451933696

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

CuIb4SR.jpg

idiocy in writing for all to see!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I read an article in the Irish times yesterday, about the cost increase for the new childrens hospital. They said construction inflation is 9%. I normally vote FG, I am happy to not vote for them or anyone, purely on the incompetence of this sham (MN and DU)
    I just saw your post now, thats enough for me! thanks for putting it up!

several hundred million for farcial BRT routes that are proceeding and DU and MN, have been axed for joke comparisons to "save" peanuts for inferior schemes, not too mention the 5 year delay? Allegedly this is the same party who are attempting to solve the housing crisis, north county dublin, huge swathes are undeveloped and will be served by metro north. The construction will be worths tens of billions likely and there is a proposal to cut platfroms lenth to save 80,000,000?!

They arent even worth communicating with anymore, the politicans I mean, morons isnt even the word! This is the calibre of people that are being elected to run our country, is it a LOL or cry in the corner moment?

In relation to the CIE basked case, which couldnt even afford to buy a site to protect DU, that is now at the centre of controversy. I read this yesterday!!! They wish to go ahead with some joke of a development on serious prime land, take a read about the "scale" or lack of it! Im going to look into it, in more details now. They should go with a new planning application for something far more substantial IMO...

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/cie-to-press-ahead-with-major-ifsc-development-35454155.html

CuIb4SR.jpg

Jasus he was so embarrassed by his comment he's has to resort to calling for Enda's head to distract from the top whole debacle ;)

Idbatterim wrote: »
    I read an article in the Irish times yesterday, about the cost increase for the new childrens hospital. They said construction inflation is 9%. I normally vote FG, I am happy to not vote for them or anyone, purely on the incompetence of this sham (MN and DU)

I just saw your post now, thats enough for me! thanks for putting it up!

several hundred million for farcial BRT routes that are proceeding and DU and MN, have been axed for joke comparisons to "save" peanuts for inferior schemes, not too mention the 5 year delay? Allegedly this is the same party who are attempting to solve the housing crisis, north county dublin, huge swathes are undeveloped and will be served by metro north. The construction will be worths tens of billions likely and there is a proposal to cut platfroms lenth to save 80,000,000?!

They arent even worth communicating with anymore, the politicans I mean, morons isnt even the word! This is the calibre of people that are being elected to run our country, is it a LOL or cry in the corner moment?

In relation to the CIE basked case, which couldnt even afford to buy a site to protect DU, that is now at the centre of controversy. I read this yesterday!!! They wish to go ahead with some joke of a development on serious prime land, take a read about the "scale" or lack of it! Im going to look into it, in more details now. They should go with a new planning application for something far more substantial IMO...

http://www.independent.ie/business/commercial-property/cie-to-press-ahead-with-major-ifsc-development-35454155.html

Johnny Ronan in the mix. Nothing changes and nothing will, unless seriously challenged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Johnny Ronan in the mix. Nothing changes and nothing will, unless seriously challenged.

I don't think Ronan is involved in the Connolly one. He's involved in the Tara Street proposal (which is the sort of size CIE should be aiming for beside Connolly).

Having said that, we've yet to see Ronan's plans for Tara Street and it's been a long while.

Peregrine wrote: »
    I don't think Ronan is involved in the Connolly one. He's involved in the Tara Street proposal (which is the sort of size CIE should be aiming for beside Connolly).

Having said that, we've yet to see Ronan's plans for Tara Street and it's been a long while.

He's in the mix and back in Spencer Dock for sure. Never underestimate his kind in the destruction of rail infrastructure in association with CIE. What amazes me is, not so long ago we had a book called "Chaos at the crossroads" by Frank McDonald and a certain person called James Nix. Both these dudes can be linked to Treasury Holdings, a Ronan lead company that assisted CIE in destroying railway infrastructure in the interest of property speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Who produced that picture of the DART at an underground Heuston station in the post by jd above?

Are they planning to change the DART to a third rail system?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Who produced that picture of the DART at an underground Heuston station in the post by jd above?

Are they planning to change the DART to a third rail system?

No, I believe the Dart Underground will be run totally on hot air.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭strassenwo!f

Yes, very witty, Sam, I'm sure.

That picture of the DART train serving an underground station showed a train with no pantograph, and no overhead wires serving it with electricity. I'm just curious where such a picture might have emerged from.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

That picture of the DART train serving an underground station showed a train with no pantograph, and no overhead wires serving it with electricity. I'm just curious where such a picture might have emerged from.

Like much to do with DU and MN, it was made up.

• Advertisement

Picture the scene. You're a graphic designer, tasked with rehashing the DRRTS, Interconnector, Dart Underground or whatever it's called in the latest press release. You get bored photoshopping the same old overhead catenary in, day in day out (year on year out more like) so you decide to "mix it up a little" with a fetching third rail. You are told by the engineer in charge of pdfs that you can't use third rail due to safety regulations in force nowadays but then the whole team has a good chuckle when the engineer in charge of new slogans reminds everyone that none of it will ever be built anyway and that everyone should get back to work as there's a deadline for the new brochure coming up (general election on the horizon).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement