Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Canard wrote: »

Whoa, all through school you never told anyone? :eek: That must've been tough.

Oh, bless. I went nearly all through COLLEGE without telling anyone.

Oh, bless. I went nearly all through COLLEGE without telling anyone.

Same, though for me it was mostly 'cause I genuinely didn't know I was "different" 'til I was already in college. I was always a bit slow on the uptake when it came to sexuality related matters; at the age when kids normally start thinking about sex I was still pleased I could tie my own shoelaces. :o

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I still tie shoelaces weirdly and sometimes it takes me two attempts...late bloomer in some regards, I guess. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭KDII

I'm loving the way AH are discussing us "gays". The gay AGM we all attended earlier in summer worked- the agenda is being furthered and is growing more and more successful. We'll soon turn all those straight people and live happily in our rainbow-coloured, sparkly utopia. Go team!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭lottpaul

KDII wrote: »
    I'm loving the way AH are discussing us "gays". The gay AGM we all attended earlier in summer worked- the agenda is being furthered and is growing more and more successful. We'll soon turn all those straight people and live happily in our rainbow-coloured, sparkly utopia. Go team!

Exxscellentt,,,,,,,,,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__XpkxXIxJ0

biggrin.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,820 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Fed up with everything in my life

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

What's up mango?

What's up mango?

I'd be here all night writing a list if I started

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

I'd be here all night writing a list if I started
    But would it not make you feel better to let what your feeling out, rather than keeping it in? Even if it takes time it might improve your mood, and i'm sure the people here would listen....

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Dear Lord the boredom of summer holidays is utterly the most unbearable thing ever

• Advertisement

No no.. summer holidays are not boring. When you leave college you have to work through summer holidays. That is truly unbearable. I was like a dog with my head hanging out an open car window as Friday approached.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pai Mei

Ha maybe so. I'm yet to experience working life :p Well at least you're getting paid for the summer.
    I'm bored and broke so even if I wanted to I can't do anything :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Fed up with everything in my life

How are you doing now a week later? :) Sometimes everything seems horrible and then when you look at it the following week, yeah things are shít but it seems ok for some reason. At least that's how I feel a lot of the time. Ups and downs! Hope you're ok.

Are you registered to vote?

Polling Day for the Abolition of Seanad Eireann and the Court of Appeal Referenda is Friday, the 4 th of October 2013.

The deadline for inclusion on the general supplementary electoral register is Tuesday the 17th of September while the deadline for the postal and special electoral register is Monday the 9th of September. Voters can check their details at www.checktheregister.ie

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭paulmorro

Are you registered to vote?

Polling Day for the Abolition of Seanad Eireann and the Court of Appeal Referenda is Friday, the 4 th of October 2013.

The deadline for inclusion on the general supplementary electoral register is Tuesday the 17th of September while the deadline for the postal and special electoral register is Monday the 9th of September. Voters can check their details at www.checktheregister.ie
    Is this the only vote that day?

paulmorro wrote: »
    Is this the only vote that day?

Yes as far as I know there are 2 referenda on that day

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭Eurovisionmad

Yes as far as I know there are 2 referenda on that day

I thought it was a stand-alone referendum? Is the other to do with setting up an appeals court between the high court and supreme court?

I thought it was a stand-alone referendum? Is the other to do with setting up an appeals court between the high court and supreme court?

I have no idea - All I know is there is 2 that day

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭TO_ARTHUR!

I was on my way to get the luas this morning when I saw two lads on their balcony sharing a kiss. I thought it was great that they didn't mind who could see them from the street. I said 'Fair play to them!':)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tito Man!

Anyone else get really upset when Breaking Bad ended? :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

Tito Man! wrote: »

Definitely. There will never be such a good television show ever.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Never did get a chance to watch breaking bad from the start. Anyone vote on Friday. I didn't get a chance, but I was hoping the Seanad wasn't abolished as controversial as I may sound.

Tito Man! wrote: »

Never watched Breaking Bad. I do understand your pain though. I get waaay overly involved with TV shows.

When I was younger and imagined myself being 23, I almost certainly didn't imagine myself so obsessed with lesbian relationships existing only in subtext of badly written series and so in love with middle aged actresses.

I am a woman, SO WHY IS RIZZOLI AND ISLES THE MOST IMPORTANT THING I HAVE GOING ON RIGHT NOW?!

Itzy wrote: »
    Anyone vote on Friday. I didn't get a chance, but I was hoping the Seanad wasn't abolished as controversial as I may sound.

Yeah, I voted "No" on it. I don't believe that the government should be able to operate with no oversight. I was so shocked when the No vote won! Was delighted. Dublin saved the day! :D

I'm rewatching Breaking Bad too, as it happens. Can't help myself. It, along with The Sopranos, The Wire, The West Wing and some others. My God, best TV shows ever. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

In an overly dramatic feeling to BB ending, I went on the scourge find a new TV show to watch.

I came across Utopia of Channel 4OD - only 6 episodes but I have watched them all - very different kind of show - British, really well done though and I really liked it. It has been commissioned for a 2nd season.

Also - found a love for Mad Men

Well, at least if "Breaking Bad" is over, we have "Love/Hate" to keep us entertained! It's actually brilliant. It's me and Billy's Sunday night tradition now: pizza, popcorn and "Love/Hate". Such a pity it's only on for 6 episodes a season. It's quality! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

Just found out that there is an actual gay test. It's called the Kinsey Scale Test. I'm '6 - Exclusively Homosexual'!

I had to take a quick survey about my age and how far I run in a week after it, but it did show the result without asking me to sign up or pay.

You can take the test here: :)
    http://vistriai.com/kinseyscaletest

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Off-topic bump 'cause I'm bored :D

Been up since 6:30am and I had some weird dreams that kept waking me up during the night, so safe to say I'm half asleep right now, not fun :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

On the topic of being up early. Haven't slept well in the last couple of months, going to bed between 5 and 7 in the morning, then getting back up between 9 and 10. Even waking earlier sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Itzy wrote: »
    On the topic of being up early. Haven't slept well in the last couple of months, going to bed between 5 and 7 in the morning, then getting back up between 9 and 10. Even waking earlier sometimes.

I feel you Itzy. I'm going through terrible bouts of wakefulness at the moment. I work 9-5 Monday-Friday, I have college 6-10 Monday-Wednesday. I've fallen into an old routine of staying up until 2/3am writing and working away, sleeping for a few hours and then going about my day. I find it incredibly difficult to sleep alone.

Advertisement