Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

stephen_n wrote: »
    Italy to beat Scotland
    Wales to beat France
    Ireland to beat England

I can see Scotland winning the first and am hoping your right with numbers 2 and 3 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

First endo appointment today. Anxiously waiting to be seen at the moment. Never been as nervous before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

First endo appointment today. Anxiously waiting to be seen at the moment. Never been as nervous before.

Hope it goes well for you :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Got my prescription :D Cant wait to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Dark Chocolate

Happy St Patrick's day to all. Have you all got lifejackets for your shamrock?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Happy paddys day all. A quiet one. I was happy watching tv and playing with glitter but someone mentioned the pub so I threw on a lot of green. Considering how jammers the pub is its pretty sedate too

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭checkcheek

A 2012 survey showed that 73% of Irish people agreed that "same sex marriage should be allowed in the Constitution

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-people-now-in-support-of-same-sex-marriage-according-to-latest--poll-140281993.html

Im actually surprised the stats are that high! but it makes me wonder why the dont have marriage equality here

• Registered Users Posts: 40,851 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

checkcheek wrote: »
    it makes me wonder why the dont have marriage equality here

The statistics were not always as high as that;

The reasons are many;

Conservatism of Irish people generally and Irish politicians

Continuing influence of religion - look at the Vatican embassy fuss

Powerful LGBT lobbying organisations that wanted a piecemeal approach

Political change - Irish politicians rarely make decisions to change things suddenly - condoms could initially only be sold on prescription to married people

Law - the constitution is a major stumbling block

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭allydylan

How was everyone's Paddy's Day? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭coolperson05

Drunk! I think I'm still recovering.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 BrazIrish

First time at the Parade, it was fabulous!! So nice to see how a small country has such impact worldwide :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Rick_

We missed the Parade but ended up sitting in a bar on the Sunday with a Brazillian guy who was wearing a green dress, green tights, a big green bow tie on his head and a fur shrug. We drank for hours and had great craic with him.

BrazIrish, it wasn't you by any chance?! :eek::D:p

Paddy C wrote: »
    We missed the Parade but ended up sitting in a bar with a Brazillian guy who was dressed as a woman and we drank for hours and had great craic with him. BrazIrish, it wasn't you by any chance?! :eek::D:p

HAHAHAHA... no, Paddy C,could be but wasn't me :) Good you had a great craic tho. I left home around 9am and got a very good spot in O'Connell st, obviously had to wait a long but worthy time. Maybe next time you are lucky enough to find me but i won't be dressed as a woman, just joking :) LOL

Ah well, maybe next year!

His name was Igor and he was great fun. I'd love it if we met up with him again next time we were down in Dublin. He probably thought we were all mental but he seemed to be enjoying himself with us and he even went home to get washed and changed and he came back and drank with us some more. :)

That's nice and funny, I don't know any Brazilian gay, not in Dublin. I think there was a gay guy in my class but he seemed a reserved guy so I don't know :o
    We usually tend to be like this, I can imagine, Anyway. After the parade I found an Irish friend, we had a great afternoon eating and shopping haha no drinking this paddy's day as I worked Sunday. Hopefully next week I can do it properly haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Babybuff

Had a fun week with someone I met over the w/end who could potentially have been a really good mate until her bf asked her to stop contacting me. Don't know if I'm sad because I genuinely liked her or because I'm no longer allowed to have straight female friends because it's "inappropriate".

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Babybuff wrote: »
    Had a fun week with someone I met over the w/end who could potentially have been a really good mate until her bf asked her to stop contacting me. Don't know if I'm sad because I genuinely liked her or because I'm no longer allowed to have straight female friends because it's "inappropriate".

Since when is it inappropriate to have friends?

Or is her BF just WAY to contolling?

Does he tell her that she cant have any male friends?

OR

Is he threatened that you two are going to fall madly in love and run away and leave him?

OR

Is he just SUPER Homophobic???

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

Or he could just be one of those super controlling people that won't let their partner lead much of a life. Often borne out of insecurity. I'd be annoyed if a friend chose to follow their partners demands like this because they aren't rational at all.

You do get men that Don't like their wives and girlfriends having male friends. I'm sure there must be some women who hate to see their fella really good friends with a woman. They ask themselves how can it be platonic?!
    So the same is applied to gay folks that go near their partner. It's very old fashioned really. In this day and age you can be mates without wanting to jump into their Pants.

They both knew off the bat what the story was so it's not like there was any kind of hidden agenda. She said that he felt like she was leading me on and she felt guilty for that. Maybe her bf was right. Would have run away with her in an act if she was gay but she's not and I know where those boundaries lie, and that's got nothing to do with her it's got everything to do the respect I have for myself.
    We both had a lot in common though (both gym freaks) and could talk about nothing comfortably for ages. Or maybe that was just all in my mind. Fk it, when all is said and done would have been quite happy to just have made a good friend.

resisting the urge to text.

Going to take a few days off work next week and get away for a while. Time for a hike to clear the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭kiwipower

Babybuff wrote: »
    resisting the urge to text.

Going to take a few days off work next week and get away for a while. Time for a hike to clear the head.

Good luck with the resisting.
    The Hike sounds like a brilliant idea!
    Where will you head?

kiwipower wrote: »
    Good luck with the resisting.
    The Hike sounds like a brilliant idea!
    Where will you head?
    Don't know yet, I like Kerry but anywhere in Munster is good, got to go where there's people I know so that helps narrow it down :) Maybe surfing too, could do with a good soaking. I want to float out to sea on a surfboard right now but I got to go to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭dreamer_ire

Two Irish couples decide to swap partners for the night. After 3 hours of amazing sex Paddy says "I wonder how the girls are getting on".

Told my best friend this tonight, and her response was "they are having much more fun next door!"

A friend unintentionally got me thinking about buying a home. Have seen a couple of nice homes so far, but not in person. Will start looking soon and have a chat with the bank, even though I may be turned down for a loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

hello! I returned to boards after my extended break to rant about something completely different and am coming in to say HELLO. Who the frock are you I hear you say. Ha I say.

updates: I want a dog. I am no longer employed. I appear to be unemployable. I have a tiny stuffed toy from IKEA that's a hedgehog with a strawberry.

A friend unintentionally got me thinking about buying a home. Have seen a couple of nice homes so far, but not in person. Will start looking soon and have a chat with the bank, even though I may be turned down for a loan.

whereabouts are you planning on living? My daddy-o and his girlfriendlady are selling their house to realise their dream of living in Rosslare (...?). Their house is up on daft somewhere. Hang on. It's in Swords. I'll stick up a link to it in case anyone feels like nosing around someone else's life :D Okay here it is.

this is my dream house. I know. I'm really sad. Well. One of my dream houses.

That house looks like damn all from the outside, (probably a good thing to put off potential burglars!) but when you go inside...! :eek: It's lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Long time no see Asry, I had a peculiar feeling you'd return.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Ahhhh, Ikea. Went to it for the first time last week. So many things I wanted to buy. If I had the money, I'd go for the purple "Muppet Fur" cushion covers, some new cookware and one of those cow hide throws for my bed.
    Move over Argos Catalogue, for I have found my new laminated book of dreams!

• Advertisement

Did you see the teddies they have that are giant broccoli? And there's a carrot one as well.
    Want.

I'm frantically trying to find emergency money to pay for a prescription. I'm on the drugs payment scheme but I still can't afford the €132. I'll be making a lot of phonecalls tomorrow...

Advertisement