Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Me too, but I'm always happy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭Kranium

that is the right way to be

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

It is. We have more choice :P

:D

So does your username imply that you're a Doctor or just fond of the game. :P

• Advertisement

So does your username imply that you're a Doctor or just fond of the game. :P

neither . midwife in training but I am going for something else in september please god :)

I'm finally settling on a plan myself. To go back to secondary school and repeat a few vital subjects, apply to college in which I can put myself through to become a Psycho doctor. We'll see though. I have a bit of work ahead of me.

I'll be your first patient. I'm bonkers :D

Oh really :P I'll making a dash for the Army if I'm successful and fully trained in the next few years.

Time to open prezzies in a couple of hours :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

I'm finally settling on a plan myself. To go back to secondary school and repeat a few vital subjects, apply to college in which I can put myself through to become a Psycho doctor. We'll see though. I have a bit of work ahead of me.

A Psycho doctor? You mean like harold Shipman and kill loads of old patients :eek:

Haha, no. I'm deciding on whether to become a Psychiatrist or Psychologist.

Haha, no. I'm deciding on whether to become a Psychiatrist or Psychologist.

Do psychology otherwise you will have to put yourself through med school

Well I was leaning towards Psychiatry, becaus an M.D is required first. Need to head back to the dreaded secondary school first to brush up on a few results as I'm aiming for Trinity.

Well I was leaning towards Psychiatry, becaus an M.D is required first. Need to head back to the dreaded secondary school first to brush up on a few results as I'm aiming for Trinity.

not meaning to sound condescending but people are often very surprised at the intensity of med school .

My friend didn't last 4 months and his classmates not much longer .

But If you're up to it I say go for it !:)

I understand how tough a course it will be and it will take an ass load of work to get it, but I'm not one to shy away.

Then go for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Hi all - happy holidays etc!
    Few more hours to go as we're 6 hours behind.
    Ended up using band aids to tape our notsosecret Santa pressies because someone who is not me lost the tape

Carrying band aids around is not at all weird :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

Kranium wrote: »
    Carrying band aids around is not at all weird :pac:
    I've an impressive makeshift first aid kit which has come in handier than I expected. Traveling gives you travellers feet and as for the mozzie bites... Viscous in Nicaragua!

• Advertisement

Aishae wrote: »
    Traveling gives you travellers feet

Hey It's Christmas no need for racism :cool:

Either way it's 8 years before you can practice, clinical psychology requires two degrees and psychiatry requires the 5 year med degree and two years (I think) for the speciality. Don't think I could face 8 years of college, going to take a two year break while I build up hours for accreditation before I push on for the masters.

7 years already and I'd gladly do it again :p

7 years already and I'd gladly do it again :p

Your determination is to be admired :)

Well I'm more flaky and impulsive. Stubborn would best describe me :p

something I have in common with someone here .
    I'm as bad as a mule

4 plus 2 for the masters is enough for me, hate lectures, total waste of time, college is only a means to an end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

merry xmas :)

(I just unwrapped all my prezziez)

Merry Christmas everyone and for once I actually feel that way :-)

• Advertisement

Mammies guarding the tree like she's getting paid for it . I'm doomed !

Advertisement