Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Off-Topic

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭WonderWoman!

B!tch don't you dare diss bray !!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,814 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I love Bray

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I love Bray

I don't :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I love Bray

I love Wicklow too, many a flock of sheep have died on our ranges, but not in vain.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

Brays a kip tbqph! Although it has it's redeaming factors like being able to walk the cliff walk or swim and fish of the coves! Town is a right off though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

I think bray is fantastic, there are real live decent people, fantastic food, coffee, and drink.

What more do you need?

I think bray is fantastic, there are real live decent people, fantastic food, coffee, and drink.

What more do you need?

Try growing up there and you might have a different impression, population Of 32,000 with pretty much f*** all except pubs and off licenses. May be nice today trip but living there is different! It's all perspective I guess, sure I live in Drimnagh now and think it's grand because I know no one or anything that goes on around me so it's all fine n dandy even though it's riddled with drugs and gangs!

I lived beneath fassaroe for 6 years, partially based there again this year, yeah parts of it are a kip and there's a lot of arseholes but there are still more genuinely decent people than I've seen in any other town, and there's way way more in it than pubs and off licences.

Perspective I guess...

stephen_n wrote: »
    Try growing up there and you might have a different impression,
    I did grow up there.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

The only easy way to get to Bray is from Bray itself.

• Advertisement

I lived beneath fassaroe for 6 years, partially based there again this year, yeah parts of it are a kip and there's a lot of arseholes but there are still more genuinely decent people than I've seen in any other town, and there's way way more in it than pubs and off licences.

Perspective I guess...

In terms of amenities compared to population I'd say Bray is very under resourced. Very little for kids to do with their time. I would say about 85% of the population of Ireland are genuinely decent people though so I wouldn't say it's any higher or lower in Bray but I guess my views are very much tempered by the experience of growing up there and a lot of people I know don't like where they grew up. Had it's benefits though as I grew up on the Meath Road and only ever had to walk 500 yards to the sea to scream and shout and cry or all the many other purposes it served to me.

The only easy way to get to Bray is from Bray itself.

we have these things that come from Dublin to Bray; trains and buses.

Terry Pratchet

I did grow up there.

To each their own then :-)

The only reason I go near it now is to see my parents and my eldest daughter goes to school there! Funny how people who grow up in the same town can have such opposing views of it!

In terms of amenities compared to population I'd say Bray is very under resourced. Very little for kids to do with their time. I would say about 85% of the population of Ireland are genuinely decent people though so I wouldn't say it's any higher or lower in Bray but I guess my views are very much tempered by the experience of growing up there and a lot of people I know don't like where they grew up. Had it's benefits though as I grew up on the Meath Road and only ever had to walk 500 yards to the sea to scream and shout and cry or all the many other purposes it served to me.

Do you not notice in Bray that strangers in the street are more likely to help someone out or start chatting? The OH is amazed by it too so I know I'm not imagining it! Amenities wise I'm 50/50, there is a lot in the town for it's size IMO, just comparing to down the country, but the contribution to that that comes from the council is pretty useless. I have heard repeatedly that it's a horrid place to go to school though, I missed out on that particular experience.

I just love this thread, the conversations it pops up, there must be a lot of gay trekkies listening to jazzy music in bray...

we have these things that come from Dublin to Bray; trains and buses.

:eek:

Best thing to come out of Bray: the road to Dublin :pac:

the cheek of some people:rolleyes:

Because it brings all the lovely Bray people to Dublin to bring a bit of class to the ****ty? :)

Because it brings all the lovely Bray people to Dublin to bring a bit of class to the ****ty? :)

I'm here, it doesn't need any more class :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

And Dublin... The M4 with impecible road surfaces for get the feck out of there fast speeds.

• Advertisement

Playing angry birds on my new tablet. Bloody addictive :P

I'm here, it doesn't need any more class :pac:

comeback of the year IMO -:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Kanoe

wish my dog could talk she's just sitting there squeaking at the table I don't know what she wants. I've put her up on it to see if there was something she wanted there, I've routed beneath it to see if her ball got stuck, there's nothing there but she wont. stop. squeaking. She's been doing this for two hours. help me dog whisperer

Pity aishae isn't here :( - she's great with pets shes like the boards vet :P

Pity aishae isn't here :( - she's great with pets shes like the boards vet :P
    it's got to be food or something but there's nothing there. when she's out of water she'll carry her bowl over to the kitchen sink in her mouth but checked everything. She's very fricken smart. I know i'm goin to laugh myself sick when I figure out what it is.

Haha cryptic crossword of the night !

When ya figure it out you must tell us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I heard someone call!
    At this stage it might be because he's worked Out you'll get up and make a fuss when he squeaks. Or maybe there's a spider on the wall or ceiling?

Aishae wrote: »
    I heard someone call!
    At this stage it might be because he's worked Out you'll get up and make a fuss when he squeaks. Or maybe there's a spider on the wall or ceiling?
    checked for spiders too!
    there's definitely a reason just can't figure it out. still squeaking now she's turned her attention to the kitchen counter, maybe because I've shown her there's nothing on the table. I hang my jacket on the back of the chair and sometimes she wants that but gave that to her too and no joy. have tried distracting her with squeaky toy but only getting ten minutes before she goes back to whatever it is she's looking for. going to walk her across counter top now just to show her what's there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Aishae

I reckon it might be the amusing fuss, lol. Does she have a special toy that's currently MIA?

• Advertisement

Kanoe your losing your marbles dear :P

My dog keeps farting on my face

Advertisement