Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much money do you spend on your girlfriend

Options
  • 07-03-2010 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

How much money do you spend on your girlfriend on an annual basis? It looks like I might be getting a girlfriend but I'm worried that she will be a financial burden. How much should one expect to spend on a girlfriend?

If it looks like it will be to expensive for me like if I'm expected to spend €500 on her annually I do not want her! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭AARRRRGH

You have the right attitude. If she causes you to lose money dump her.
    I know some people who married hens who werent laying and they are broke now :D

If the hen doesnt lay when you get it first, it will never lay. And dont fall for her token paying for the cinema one out of every 10 times.

I went out with a girl once who worked and lived with her parents. Dated for about 3 months.
    She used to always tell everyone she was saving for a house. It dawned on me that she was saving for a house alright - a my expense. She saved while i paid for everything. Kicked her to the kerb, but not before we went out for dinner one night and i pretended to forget my wallet when it came time to pay. It nearly killed her to pay and then i dumped her :)

Unless she is great in the sack, professionals are cheaper. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 vanh84

Ha!! Are you serious?! How did you get a figure of 500? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭SLUSK

vanh84 wrote: »
    Ha!! Are you serious?! How did you get a figure of 500? :rolleyes:
    Paying for restuarant dates and nights out in various bars. I have seen some guys spend money on their girlfriends in a way that the costs spiral out of control.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

if you multiply that figure by 10 you might start to close to what you might spend in a year.

Iago wrote: »
    if you multiply that figure by 10 you might start to close to what you might spend in a year.
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE SPEND €5000 ON A GIRLFRIEND EACH YEAR!?:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Female here! This thread is hilarious!!!

My first laugh of the day.

I have to say, when I'm single at Christmas, I always feel slightly delighted that I have some extra money to myself!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

This is the best thread in ages...the OP is clearly about 12. If not in body then in spirit.

I don't know why you find this funny I am very concerned about the costs of having a girlfriend and it makes me feel almost ill that I might be expected to spend alot of my money on her.

During my two years in Ireland I lived like an animal to save money. I bought crappy shoes which were cheap. They made my feet bleed. I endured the pain just to save money. Me and the flat mates lived with hardly any heating during winter time just to save money.

I've bled, I've been freezing, I've been living in a cheap moldy house just to save money and I ain't about to let any girl take it from me!

SLUSK wrote: »
    WHY ON EARTH WOULD ANYONE SPEND €5000 ON A GIRLFRIEND EACH YEAR!?:mad:

I said close to.......some years will be higher, some will be slightly lower, but it's a reasonable ballpark assumption on the basis that occasionally she'll pay for meals/drinks/cinema whatever.

I said close to.......some years will be higher, some will be slightly lower, but it's a reasonable ballpark assumption on the basis that occasionally she'll pay for meals/drinks/cinema whatever.
    Why should a girl be able to mooch of the fruits of your labour?

• Advertisement

I don't know why you find this funny I am very concerned about the costs of having a girlfriend and it makes me feel almost ill that I might be expected to spend alot of my money on her.

During my two years in Ireland I lived like an animal to save money. I bought crappy shoes which were cheap. They made my feet bleed. I endured the pain just to save money. Me and the flat mates lived with hardly any heating during winter time just to save money.

I've bled, I've been freezing, I've been living in a cheap moldy house just to save money and I ain't about to let any girl take it from me!

Invest in good thick condoms too. Make her pay for them, but dont let her at them with pins. She'll have you by the curlies then.

Why should a girl be able to mooch of the fruits of your labour?

who's mooching? It's a choice thing, you can choose to spend the money, or choose not to. I'd be shocked if she wasn't looking to spend money on you over the course of the year as well.

your figure of 500 wouldn't even cover a single weekend away so you're miles off.

who's mooching? It's a choice thing, you can choose to spend the money, or choose not to. I'd be shocked if she wasn't looking to spend money on you over the course of the year as well.

your figure of 500 wouldn't even cover a single weekend away so you're miles off.
    If this girl I might get together with is not willing to pay for her own tickets, drinks and so on she will not be my girlfriend.

If this girl I might get together with is not willing to pay for her own tickets, drinks and so on she will not be my girlfriend.

I'm sure it'll be a huge loss for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

ha this thread is hilarious.... where are you from my friend?

a lot of women will try to mouch off you but you'll notice that very quickly.... most will pay there way themselves....
    you'll know soon enough if u are being taken for a ride :)

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Look you clearly can't afford a girlfriend/are not mature enough for one.

Aka Ishur wrote: »
    Look you clearly can't afford a girlfriend/are not mature enough for one.
    If you have to spend thousands of euro per year on a girlfriend there are clearly other investments that are better. Girlfriends are not exactly an asset class that you can expect to increase in value as the years go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Oh my god, I thought your posts in the psych forum where bad, but this one is classic stuff. Finding a partner is about someone to share your life with. This includes your cash, whilst its down to individual circumstances 5,000 would not come near what I spent on my partner is the past 12 months, I earn more than her so I pay for a lot of things that we do together.

Whilst nobody likes a self-serving gold digger, if your focused on cash before you even date the said person, sounds like a doomed relationship to me.

Be strong my friend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Perhaps if we all chiped in a few bob, OP could keep us posted on how his dates go. I'd expect itemised receipts though for any meal paid for beyond the Euorsaver menu.

• Advertisement

Why do you guys want to spend insane amounts of money per year on your girlfriend? Is it really worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭baaaa

OP it sounds to me like you're looking a gift horse in the mouth.500 p.a is good value.
    Say she puts out 3 times a week(allowing for womanly problems/headaches etc) on average over the year,which is 3 x 52 weeks=156.That works out about 3 euro a time,I don't know many getting better than that,best I ever had was about 3.90,and that was punts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hang on what do you mean by spending money on your GF?

Having a social life, going out and having friends means a certain ammount of expendature.
    There are no ways around that.

Thaedydal wrote: »
    Hang on what do you mean by spending money on your GF?

Having a social life, going out and having friends means a certain ammount of expendature.
    There are no ways around that.

He means financing his girlfriends entertainment.
    ITs good that he is examining this before getting involved. Its amazing the amount of girls who think buying one drink in 10 is fair.
    If she looks good on yer arm you can take some of the coss but you have to work out how much she is worth.

When you ask those type of questions; it highlights the fact you are not yet mature enough for the answer. Come back in a few years and you may be ready for a relationship, becuase with asking those types of questions your not ready for one.

Odysseus wrote: »
    When you ask those type of questions; it highlights the fact you are not yet mature enough for the answer. Come back in a few years and you may be ready for a relationship, becuase with asking those types of questions your not ready for one.
    Look, I have been with alot of prostitutes in Asia and they did not cost me anywhere near €5000. For that money you could have at least 100 of them the last time I was in Thailand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭dolliemix

Look, I have been with alot of prostitutes in Asia and they did not cost me anywhere near €5000. For that money you could have at least 100 of them the last time I was in Thailand.

So are you looking for a prostitute or a girlfriend?

Their is a big different between prostitutes and being in a relationship, just fcuking about with women is one thing, but being in a relationship is something completely different.

As I said above gold diggeres are different, and cash should mean little is a relationship, but sadly most of the ways we express our love and affection for a person cost, there is no way out of it.

Once again as oppossed to fcuking about about; being in a relationalship is about sharing your life with another person, that will to some degree involve your cash. Remember if you talking about getting into a relationship your after more than sex, otherwise why not stay with street workers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

It looks like I might be getting a girlfriend but I'm worried that she will be a financial burden.

Do you really want to be in a relationship? You seem to be over thinking the financial aspect of having a girlfriend so maybe you should stick with prostitutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

Are you from Cavan by any chance?

I'm tight myself but there are more important things to worry about in a relationship and life. Sure money may be tight but that doesn't mean you have to be.

Advertisement