Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

M11/N30 - Gorey to Enniscorthy [open to traffic]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

Geogregor wrote: »
    Where can I find map of the planned Enniscorthy bypass?
    Ideally showing layout of the junctions and other details not just the route.
    But even just the route map would be good for the beginning.

Look at post 57 for a route map, can't show it as I'm still to new!

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Geogregor

Andru93 wrote: »
    Look at post 57 for a route map, can't show it as I'm still to new!

Thanks, I missed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭PoolDude

''The Enniscorthy bypass is expected to have a preferred tender in place by early 2015, with construction to begin by the end of next year''

Taken from an interview with Paul Kehoe announcing the New Ross bypass preferred tender has been selected and will commence mid 2015. The reference above is on Enniscorthy and the plans for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Just wondering but is the plan to eventually completely dual the remaining section between the New Ross bypass and Enniscorthy bypass ?

I wouldn't think so.

I know they have upgraded parts of the Enniscorthy to New Ross road, e.g. Clonroche and would foresee more of that to increase the quality of the standard N single carriageway route.

There are/were plans to continue the dual carriageway from Oilgate (where the Enniscorthy bypass ends) to Rosslare as part of Euro Route 1 (Belfast - Europe).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

BAM got the New Ross bypass. Today is the last day for submissions for the Enniscorthy bypass.

Do we know who is in the mix?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭annfield1978

Tenderers are

Banba (Jons/ sacyr/ roadbridge)

Sli Nua ( Meridiam/ Ferrovial/ SIAC/ Cintra)

BAM Iridium Dragados

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

Tenderers are

Banba (Jons/ sacyr/ roadbridge)

Sli Nua ( Meridiam/ Ferrovial/ SIAC/ Cintra)

BAM Iridium Dragados

With BAM having secured the N25, you'd assume it will be between the first two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

GDSGR8 wrote: »
    With BAM having secured the N25, you'd assume it will be between the first two.

Doesn't always work that way unfortunately. It could easily be awarded to bam on grounds of logistics, meaning that they wouldn't have to move the plant too far from one location to the other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭GDSGR8

jca wrote: »
    Doesn't always work that way unfortunately. It could easily be awarded to bam on grounds of logistics, meaning that they wouldn't have to move the plant too far from one location to the other.

Would they be able to raise the money for both projects in virtual tandem, though?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭jd

Bam preferred bidder (as they are for New Ross by-pass)

http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/news/enniscorthy-bypass-inches-closer-as-bam-iridium-consortium-is-preferred-tenderer-30980943.html
    The BAM Iridium Consortium has been named as the preferred tenderer for the M11 Gorey to Enniscorthy Public Private Partnership (PPP) Scheme with the contract expected to be signed by this summer.

The same consortium was also announced as the preferred tenderer for the N25 New Ross Bypass PPP scheme in December 2014.

The Bam Iridium consortium will continue to the final stage of the bidding process and it's anticipated that, 'subject to achieving financial close', the M11 contract may be signed between the NRA and the consortium by this summer, with the detailed design and construction starting after that date.

Hopefully they hit the Summer timeline, would be good to see the Arklow/Rathnew section open and the Enniscorthy bypass construction start around the same time (at least then you know its happening)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Noticed some of the section of the link road just outside Enniscorthy on the North side (Solsborough) has already been marked out with stakes the other day.There's going to be a rather large bridge built there as it's crossing a flood plain.

More setting out going on on the West of the town for the road to join with the N30.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭spacetweek

zerks wrote: »
    More setting out going on on the West of the town for the road to join with the N30.
    what?

spacetweek wrote: »
    what?
    I presume he means the land between Clavass and the existing N30

340153.jpg

That's the one JD.The N80 link road on the map you posted has also been partially set out as far as the Slaney where the bridge is going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

zerks wrote: »
    That's the one JD.The N80 link road on the map you posted has also been partially set out as far as the Slaney where the bridge is going.

Bridge / viaduct. I did that drawing above

• Registered Users Posts: 19,384 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Is the M11 Clogh to Enniscorthy scheme going to be built in tandem with this? Or where will the new bypass tie in with the existing N11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,716 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

road_high wrote: »
    Is the M11 Clogh to Enniscorthy scheme going to be built in tandem with this? Or where will the new bypass tie in with the existing N11?

this scheme ties directly into the M11 Gorey bypass - it was originally to be just a bypass of Enniscorthy but the plan was extended to cover Ferns as well.

Bridge / viaduct. I did that drawing above

I caught many's a trout where that structure is crossing.Looking at the map,I can pinpoint people's houses that I know.

It will be crossing a wide valley which includes the river and the railway line plus a road.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

NRA website showing the project at "Tender" stage for the Enniscorthy by-pass? but that doesn't surprise me if the site hasn't been updated, or maybe BAM haven't officially been given the go ahead?

vicwatson wrote: »
    NRA website showing the project at "Tender" stage for the Enniscorthy by-pass? but that doesn't surprise me if the site hasn't been updated, or maybe BAM haven't officially been given the go ahead?

They are the preferred tenderer. I'd say once contracts are signed, they'll get on site pretty quickly.

loyatemu wrote: »
    this scheme ties directly into the M11 Gorey bypass - it was originally to be just a bypass of Enniscorthy but the plan was extended to cover Ferns as well.

It's a massive scheme so. This along with the New Ross bypass will transform Co. Wexford's road network completely. Great news.

road_high wrote: »
    It's a massive scheme so. This along with the New Ross bypass will transform Co. Wexford's road network completely. Great news.

All they need now is to bring the mythical beast called jobs down the N11.....or at least we can all get to work in Dublin a bit quicker.

Local press here are all going with BAM as the winner of the tender.Nothing official signed yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

Im glad to see its not just an enniscorthy bypass, wiser heads prevailed and didn't create another Rathnew Arklow fiasco . Mins you I think a dual way to waterford via the east coast should have been considered

Whats needed now is to bang wickows co co head seriously together and upgrade all the N11 to M11 standards and deal with the mess that is Kilmac and Bray North , In particular the speed restrictions at Kilmac need to be lifted and this could easily be done by forcing all the garage access up to the roundwood junction , rather then the ludicrous and very dangerous situation that is there now. In my view the needs of commuters and road safety and efficiency should trump the issues surrounding maintaining the business of filling stations

BoatMad wrote: »
    Im glad to see its not just an enniscorthy bypass, wiser heads prevailed and didn't create another Rathnew Arklow fiasco . Mins you I think a dual way to waterford via the east coast should have been considered

Definitely not needed at this time, we've already spent €1 billion on the M9 for this end :)
    New Ross bypass and the N30 Enniscorthy bypass will more than suffice in addtion to some other improvements. Far too many other pressing needs like the N24, N20 etc which are in dire need first.

Mins you I think a dual way to waterford via the east coast should have been considered
    15 years ago or so I think the plan was to have the Enniscorthy Bypass west of the town, and that the main Waterford road from Dublin would have been from there across to New Ross etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

What's needed now is to bang wickows co co head seriously together and upgrade all the N11 to M11 standards and deal with the mess that is Kilmac and Bray North

I wish you luck with that!

Wicklow Co Co is to road maintenance what North Korea is to modern states!

On non-NRA-funded roads their maintenance of lines and signs is sub-third world; even their stretches of the NRA-funded N11 are dotted with broken street lights - when you cross the county line from DL into Wicklow on the M11 it's like taking a trip back in time.

This may be off-topic :o

Advertisement