Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

pif... what's the point in doing it manually... :mad:

well i have to do it manually as it's the only way until i have a certain amount of posts...i'm one up now as this is my 7th post -note the lack of a manual 'thanks' to you for the oppurtunity to post.

i'm so excited to get to use this non-manual 'thanks' button! is there a 'pif' button also? :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

imme wrote: »
    You know when someone get's thanked for a post, well, does it mean anything.
    Does a 'Thanks' have a value. I'm not talking about a monetary value, but a value per se. Sometimes it can be people 'thanking' their 'friends' or like minded people.

Well does it have a value, it it worthwhile.

The really best thing about 'thanks' is that you can engage in widespread and consistent cyber bullying of people you disagree with by making a point of 'thanking' every single post that disagrees with theirs and puts them down. We should all be very grateful to Boards.ie for providing this noble facility.

Well done to all concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I want a 'No Thanks' button

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Rebelheart wrote: »
    The really best thing about 'thanks' is that you can engage in widespread and consistent cyber bullying of people you disagree with by making a point of 'thanking' every single post that disagrees with theirs and puts them down.

Paranoid much ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Paranoid much ?

Do you blame him, you just voted for a "no thanks" button :p

Seriously though, if your a "PC Head" then you wouldn't notice it much.

However, if you are sane, your views are not usually with the mad majority but in the minority and it is here where the "thanks bullying" happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Zipp101

"thanks" works as a good secretary for me.

I often just flick through a thread until I find posts with loads of thanks and just read them...don't bother with the non-thanked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Rebelheart wrote: »
    The really best thing about 'thanks' is that you can engage in widespread and consistent cyber bullying of people you disagree with by making a point of 'thanking' every single post that disagrees with theirs and puts them down. We should all be very grateful to Boards.ie for providing this noble facility.

Well done to all concerned.
    Are you honestly saying you would never thank someone who is having a go at someone you disagree with?
    I've done it - only if I actually like the post though, not purely because the person is having a go at someone I disagree with. I also think if a person has something to say, just say it, instead of merely thanking other people on a loop... but I really don't believe there's anyone who wouldn't ever thank someone having a go at someone they disagree with. I also doubt the intentions would always be to cyber-bully.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭corglass

id like some thanks, can someone thank me please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Do you blame him, you just voted for a "no thanks" button

Disagreeing with somebody hardly equates to bullying (particularly when it involves people one has never met and is never likely to meet) although I wouldnt be sure when it comes to namecalling ("PC head") or questioning the sanity of people simply on the grounds that one may not see eye to eye with them on some topics !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

corglass wrote: »
    id like some thanks, can someone thank me please?

I don't know...can you swing a sack of door knobs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

Insurgent wrote: »
    I cum in my pants everytime someone thanks one of my posts.

Well Holy God....

Advertisement