Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank You

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

All your thanked posts are added up over a few months,then the amount of posts thanked by you is taken away and the remainder is the amount of free beers you get at a Boards Beers.

Thanks to you
    -Thanks by you

I owe someone 462 drinks :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

I've often looked at a post I was thanked for and wondered what part of it I was thanked for. Like if I make an AH type remark followed by a valid informative answer, are they appreciating my comic hilarity or my helpfulness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭Captain Darling

I thank a post if its:

Informative
    Interesting
    Amusing.
    Here you go...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

OutlawPete wrote: »
    Thanks ;)

Aw. Ghey!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

The thanks feature has lost it's charm in recent months imo.. too many assholes here that use it against you when arguing about stuff

• Advertisement

The thanks feature has lost it's charm in recent months imo.. too many assholes here that use it against you when arguing about stuff
    I agree totally. What a pack of assholes... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Pffft... Boards thanks are ten a penny - getting stuff "liked" on Facebook is where the real shit's at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

I see that a bit as well.
    Like little cliquey cheerleaders.

Boards in general is quite cliquey tbh.

*feels so alone.
    *hopes fiendish plan for sympathy thanks works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

tech77 wrote: »

*feels so alone.
    *hopes fiendish plan for sympathy thanks works.

Man up and I might throw a consolation thanks your way.

stovelid wrote: »
    Man up and I might throw a consolation thanks your way.
    You know you are scraping the bottle of the barrel when you are looking for a charity thanks...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's always been used to take digs at people. And we're probably all guilty of it.

Dudess wrote: »
    It's always been used to take digs at people. And we're probably all guilty of it.
    Yeah, so there!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

how do i 'thank'?
    am i too new to be allowed? thanks.
    or too stoopid to figure it out? no thanks.

FunGoose wrote: »
    how do i 'thank'?
    am i too new to be allowed? thanks.
    or too stoopid to figure it out? no thanks.
    Send me on your bank account details with sort code, and i'll sort it out for you.

Also, are you aware that you have just inherited an heirs ransom in gold from an African Prince?

Send me on your bank account details with sort code, and i'll sort it out for you.

Also, are you aware that you have just inherited an heirs ransom in gold from an African Prince?

Details sent. I PM'd them to you in case there are any dodgy people on this internet boardsie thing. -oh just realised I forgot to send you my pin number, it's 0707, (I was born on the 7th of July! -good one eh!) I use this for all of my cards. Anyway, let me know how to 'thank' and I'll lodge some money into my account for you to enjoy.

I've no interest in any princes' gold, african or otherwise, now a princess.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

OutlawPete wrote: »
    do I thank ALL the replies?

Jumpguy would!

Details sent. I PM'd them to you in case there are any dodgy people on this internet boardsie thing. -oh just realised I forgot to send you my pin number, it's 0707, (I was born on the 7th of July! -good one eh!) I use this for all of my cards. Anyway, let me know how to 'thank' and I'll lodge some money into my account for you to enjoy.

I've no interest in any princes' gold, african or otherwise, now a princess.....

Very good, there is ten million ugandan dollars (0.0000001 euro) on the way into your bank account as we speak.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

oh just realised I forgot to send you my pin number, it's 0707, (I was born on the 7th of July! -good one eh!)

It's not a very lucky date...but what are the odds of lightning striking twice? ;)

Very good, there is ten million ugandan dollars (0.0000001 euro) on the way into your bank account as we speak.

wow! you are a darling captain? HOW can i ever 'thank' you?

or if anyone else tells me how to 'thank' they can also have my bank details!

You need to have over ten or twenty posts methinks. Summat like that anyways.

• Advertisement

It's not a very lucky date...but what are the odds of lightning striking twice? ;)

correct. first I was born = unlucky, and then, obviously '07/07' = very unlucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

You have to have 25 posts or around that before you can thank a post

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

I set out to thank every post in this thread, but ran out of steam as I feared nobody would notice.... :(

You need to have over ten or twenty posts methinks. Summat like that anyways.

cheers!
    I'll have to owe you a 'thanks' until I am allowed, or I could just type it.
    Thanks! :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

cheers!
    I'll have to owe you a 'thanks' until I am allowed, or I could just type it.
    Thanks! :)

pif... what's the point in doing it manually... :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭donfers

I've never had a post go unthanked :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

donfers wrote: »
    I've never had a post go unthanked :cool:

really?

I was including verbal thanks

sometimes people will thank me in person or phone me up to thank me as a result of the boost my posts have given them

I sometimes lay awake at night for hours (sobbing on the good nights, cursing on the bad) all because I can't thank my own posts. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,024 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Thanks on AH generally isn't so much "Thank You" as "I acknowledge that you've made the most stupid and obvious joke about the topic within the first 10 posts"

Never mind, when they have a "begrudgery" button, you'll be able to play as well.:P

Advertisement