Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 oldfullforward

Vanolder wrote: »
    JP has got his men.... Cunningham, Cusack and Kinnerk.

Sounds unrealistic to be fair.... All 3 are coaches, surely we need a quality front man as a manager, and a top class coach to work with him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Conor cusack,is on prime time tonight,talking about depression.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I don't believe they actually have anyone. I believe they went after Sheedy- wasn't interested. Then they went after O'Grady- wasn't interested. Then they went after Cunningham- wasn't interested. And in a panic, they went back to trying to get O'Grady again, who still isn't interested. Why else would this take so long?

Someone should tell this committee that is appointed to select the manager that it's not just about picking the best manager; you have to pick the best manager who is actually interested and available.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭shockframe

Is this the first of many mentions of the name Cusack in this thread?

shockframe wrote: »
    Is this the first of many mentions of the name Cusack in this thread?

I dont understand what u mean by that.

Its irrelavant anyhow,Conor cusack story is completely separate.

If u want to know the reason i mentioned it,is one poster here in particular ,was moved by last weeks events and i thought he may want to watch it.

• Advertisement

I dont understand what u mean by that.

Its irrelavant anyhow,Conor cusack story is completely separate.

If u want to know the reason i mentioned it,is one poster here in particular ,was moved by last weeks events and i thought he may want to watch it.

Sorry my comment was regarding the speculation that Donal Og could be about to join the Limerick set up.

No offence meant.

shockframe wrote: »
    Sorry my comment was regarding the speculation that Donal Og could be about to join the Limerick set up.

No offence meant.

no bother.
    Yeah donal og was linked to it,i heard it myself.Its hard to know at this stage what the story is,whats true or not.
    He is very close to Cunnigham,so if Ger gets the job,you would think he would be in the frame.

Hes involved in lots of other commitments though.

no bother.
    Yeah donal og was linked to it,i heard it myself.Its hard to know at this stage what the story is,whats true or not.
    He is very close to Cunnigham,so if Ger gets the job,you would think he would be in the frame.

Hes involved in lots of other commitments though.

Would be well pleased if he was.It would be perfect for Limerick as Donal Og would be out to prove a point to the CCB and what better way to do it than beat them.Frank wouldnt give him the time of day.

He overdid the hurling man talk over the summer but he was the best hurling analyst by far last year on TSG.

He will make a serious coach with whoever he's with i'd say.

I know little about Ger Cunningham but i've heard decent reports on him. Being from the barrs increases his chances tenfold.

An interesting story with Conor. Not easy for people living around the midleton area.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Didn't get to watch this live, there were a lot of people over and I wouldn't have been able to hear a word he was saying tbh... but I will definitely watch it on the RTE player as soon as it goes up.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Didn't get to watch this live, there were a lot of people over and I wouldn't have been able to hear a word he was saying tbh... but I will definitely watch it on the RTE player as soon as it goes up.
    If you have saorview you can get it on rte +1.

He spoke very well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭glasagusban

I don't believe they actually have anyone. I believe they went after Sheedy- wasn't interested. Then they went after O'Grady- wasn't interested. Then they went after Cunningham- wasn't interested. And in a panic, they went back to trying to get O'Grady again, who still isn't interested. Why else would this take so long?

Someone should tell this committee that is appointed to select the manager that it's not just about picking the best manager; you have to pick the best manager who is actually interested and available.

I'd say you're right on the first two at least.

If the rumours of O'Grady for a year with Ryan stepping in are true then I'm glad it didn't work out. Getting someone in for one year is no good as they will have little incentive to develop the team/panel for the future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 324 ✭✭Quixoticelixer

I know this much for certain; Someone (you can probably guess who) had agreed to accept the job on Saturday only to change his mind on Sunday. He didn't give a reason as to why he changed his mind. If I were to put my speculation hat on I believe the issue may have been the selectors, wasn't entirely satisfied with the selectors the CB chose.

Anyone know where the venue is for wednesdays Dean ryan cup final between Ard scoil and Midelton is on. ?

Nothing on the munster site yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭paddy no 11

so........we're fcuked or what

so........we're fcuked or what

Looking like it. Someone said this is getting like the FAI's search for a world class manager that ended up in appointing Steve Staunton, they might have been right...

Drom/Broadford playing Ballinacourty tomorrow.
    And Rathkeale are playing St. Joseph's from Milltown Malbay in the Intermediate.

Heard John Quane had an unbelievable game for Galtee Gaels last week, at 42 years of age, scored 1-3, dragged the game to extra-time.

And still no hurling manager..... a lot of people calling it a farce. I dunno, from the outside looking in, it would seem that way.... hope we don't panic and end up getting someone completely unsuitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Strong rumours from the Na Piarsigh camp that TJ Ryan has a contract signed already but i call bulls**t. I hope those rumours are false as I would prefer someone a bit more experienced so we can kick on from last season.

Colemania wrote: »
    Strong rumours from the Na Piarsigh camp that TJ Ryan has a contract signed already but i call bulls**t. I hope those rumours are false as I would prefer someone a bit more experienced so we can kick on from last season.

I was really disappointed with the 21s this year. I wouldn't mind TJ being involved, but not sure he's ready for the big job yet.

Colemania wrote: »

Haven't heard anything but by process of elimination of every other candidate he could be the only one left. After the job done with the 21s I wouldn't have much faith in Ryan bringing the extra 10% of tactical nous that seems to be needed on top of last year, if he can even have the team as well organised as last year.

Haven't heard anything but by process of elimination of every other candidate he could be the only one left. After the job done with the 21s I wouldn't have much faith in Ryan bringing the extra 10% of tactical nous that seems to be needed on top of last year, if he can even have the team as well organised as last year.
    10 per cent tactial nous be an improvment on last year.:-o
    Ye had no tactics at all last year.

• Advertisement

10 per cent tactial nous be an improvment on last year.:-o
    Ye had no tactics at all last year.

Actually we had very clearly defined tactics.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

Drom/Broadford playing Ballinacourty tomorrow.
    And Rathkeale are playing St. Joseph's from Milltown Malbay in the Intermediate.

r rathkeale any good.???. I see they scored 4.17 in limerick final or something like that.. ive some insight into malbay and theye missing some key players plus haven't played a game in a while and have found challenge games difficult to come by......home team tp prevail.

I don't think I've seen Rathkeale play this year, but reportedly are a very young, very fast team...who play good, attacking football. However, they're missing Paul White, one of their top forwards. That will be a big blow, but I'd say they're fairly confident.

I'd expect them to do fairly well for themselves at senior level next year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 213 ✭✭rambojon

I don't think I've seen Rathkeale play this year, but reportedly are a very young, very fast team...who play good, attacking football. However, they're missing Paul White, one of their top forwards. That will be a big blow, but I'd say they're fairly confident.

I'd expect them to do fairly well for themselves at senior level next year.
    thanks fireball.. malbay r missing their centre back susp for 12 months and missing at least 3 more regulars...manager doesn't seem that positive in local paper during week.. (no gamesmanship here in my opinion.. genuine guy)..also young team.. intermed in clare was very poor standard.

Intermediate in Limerick wouldn't be of a great standard either, beyond St. Mary's/Sean Finn's and St. Senan's really.

Intermediate match moved to the Gaelic Grounds.

Drom/Broadford down by 4 at half-time to Ballinacourty, who got 2 goals, sucker punches really.

Going to be hard to pull this out of the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

I'm at it, two fluke goals. Were kicking too many wides/balls into the keepers hands. Should be up.

St. Mary's/Sean Finn's getting destroyed by Milltown.

Hopefully Drom can pull it back, they do have a lot of experience and a few strong forwards...Derry McCarthy kicked 0-3 already, and Phair's got 0-1 too.

• Advertisement

Phair's cut the gap to 2, 2-5 to 0-9 with about 12 to go. Drom seem to be the better team in the 2nd half, but have wasted chances and it's very end-to-end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement