Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Limerick GAA news/discussion thread*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

Kinnerk won't go back to Clare as he doesn't like Davy (have that from a reliable source). So it will be a really bad sign for Limerick if he doesn't jump on board, a telling indictment of Ryan. But being a Limerick man, Id say he'll take the opportunity.
    With the greatest respect it's clear as day you don't like davy as seen by your view that you offered pm me stuff about him as waterford manager before that I thankfully declined
    With greatest respect I think you let your emotions cloud judgement davy so I would find it hard to believe anything you say as true regard him

What your saying is here incorrect and I suggest you recheck your scource as Kinnerk has no problem with Davy and if joins limerick won't be over davy but he's limerick man
    It's not about liking davy either in davy record being last man take waterford all ireland hurling final still he's legacy lives on there clare winning all ireland and lit success means you don't have like guy just look at he's record
    For what's it worth to you jimmy brown clare Cyril farell and Fraggie Murphy cork seem no problem with Davy as worked him in the past and currently in some cases
    I don't particularly like some things davy does but this is about coaching
    This is not a reality TV show
    Cunningjham and jbm didn't get on but still worked together before
    Liking doesn't come in to it once coaching is respected
    Kinnerk said many times he rated Fitzgerald coaching

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Sportin

Ttm
    Can we go through Jerry Wallis' Cv to show his record as a coach. I could be wrong but I don't think it reads that impressively at all. He's a very good S&C trainer from what I can work out. Not too sure he's a top drawer hurling coach however.
    Same for Ross Corbett. Can we go through his coaching cv. You are topping him for the senior setup. Mid 20s, learning his trade with underage teams doesn't sound like something Limerick seniors need. Leave him with 21s I think is best.
    I stand corrected of course...

On the impending Kinnerk appointment I am concerned that this is a CB appointment and not TJs. Again I hope I'm wrong but he has a football background and implemented a running style game with Clare. That certainly don't work with the brand of player Limk have at present so he will need to implement a game plan that suits our players. DOG tried to impose a similar possession game with Limk and it clearly didn't work. A good coach needs to adapt to each teams needs, I just hope Kinnerk has that ability, again I would have reservations.

On the issues highlighted above I'm not stirring it but am a genuine hurling supporter that wants the best setup possible for Limerick.
    I heard those results all right

Yeah disappointed all rights
    I wonder is the wheel coming off the academy with Wallis now gone
    Minors and now this right across the board underage isn't reflection too well on daly
    I said this from the start id reservation regards daly director coaching as he's record had no real record in coaching
    Wallis was cleary huge addition here to the whole set up
    Shame but look like all hard work Wallis could be undone in next few years

Sportin wrote: »
    Ttm
    Can we go through Jerry Wallis' Cv to show his record as a coach. I could be wrong but I don't think it reads that impressively at all. He's a very good S&C trainer from what I can work out. Not too sure he's a top drawer hurling coach however.
    Same for Ross Corbett. Can we go through his coaching cv. You are topping him for the senior setup. Mid 20s, learning his trade with underage teams doesn't sound like something Limerick seniors need.

On the apparent Kinnerk appointment I sm concerned that this is a CB

I said Corbett as s and c coach if o connor declines
    Corbett isn't learning he's trade limerick
    Are you having a laugh seriously
    He's worked kerry minor football team yes he has and all ireland semi final
    They rate him in kerry
    Worked monaghan minor football ulster title all ireland minor semi final

Got pats kerry senior football semi final good for them
    Worked ul Fitzgibbon cup winning team this year
    Worked down minor hurling and various camoige team ulster

He's not learning he's trade with limerick
    Limerick is another line team management under age he done

Point is as s and c coach he's excellent and limerick captain said this after the Munster final

Walls put huge work in limerick academy as did joe Quaid who should be involved limerick hurling imo at some level
    Minor would suit him he's better coach daly as daly just management not a coach
    Wallis with cork all ireland winners team
    Was with kerry county hurling team
    Various other clubs around the country
    Was with Antrim and left but Kevin Ryan excellent coaching also problems up Antrim as no support there
    Wallis brilliant with the minor coaching them and academic sides
    I would suggest you ask people who watched limerick last year to this year and I would guess they say difference between the two

Wallis anyone close limerick hurling knows excellent standard he brought

Ttm
    Same for Ross Corbett. Can we go through his coaching cv. You are topping him for the senior setup. Mid 20s, learning his trade with underage teams doesn't sound like something Limerick seniors need. Leave him with 21s I think is best.

On the impending Kinnerk appointment I am concerned that this is a CB appointment and not TJs. Again I hope I'm wrong but he has a football background and implemented a running style game with Clare. That certainly don't work with the brand of player Limk have at present so he will need to implement a game plan that suits our players. DOG tried to impose a similar possession game with Limk and it clearly didn't work. A good coach needs to adapt to each teams needs, I just hope Kinnerk has that ability, again I would have reservations.

On the issues highlighted above I'm not stirring it but am a genuine hurling supporter that wants the best setup possible for Limerick.
    With respect your attuide regarding the style limerick is old old old school is it any wonder that attuide you win one all ireland forty years

What's limerick style
    Don't tell me it's direct and fire and brimstone and passion win your battles as not having a dig but let's call a spade a spade it's not done limerick any favours at all at all and direct orthodox style meat drink to kk

Limerick have to embrace the possession game and sweeper and surely the limerick under twenty one sweeper system shows need for change
    To say players limerick are not there short game is wrong wrong wrong when young players have played such game at minor under Wallis etc and now under twenty one
    Lynch Nash morrisey would be suited possession mixed game

Your the very one that had a dig at my post saying I don't think enough and said yes I making stuff up when with respect have you actually though about what you're saying here in your saying limerick shouldn't have Kinnerk as football coaching
    Let's look at the facts, there clear as dawn break day with respect

Cian o Neill was with hurling and went to football and i agree with you totally in you
    You have no problem wanting him charge
    Coming from both codes makes no difference Imo and if anything working from football help hurling
    Coughlan came from mayo football and working hurling with Dublin with cunningjham
    Dempsey kk hurling trainer now helping laois look football management was football man and coached football before

Liam griffin was football management failed but went hurling
    Point is football to hurling or vice versa isn't bad thing once mechanical of coaching is under stood
    Kinnerk has proven he's both styles in played direct style orthodox clare all ireland final but favour running game and to suit players available
    This i agree is probably cb appointment and so it should be as Ryan imo should have nothing to do with picking selection team as he's last ones were good not great and Ryan needs proven experience working with be successful

I suggest also you watch kerry football this year
    I also suggest you watch old games
    The difference in style play is huge
    Jack o connor said once kerry would never win all ireland with sweeper and he's been sacked if he played one

Years later kerry starved success at minor suddenly change style and kerry win minor all ireland with jack and will win second one also as this year team even kerry will tell you are not great but they are greatest ever imo kerry minor team system wise in play to system that gets everything out of them
    The only thing you see kerry way now is a sign post on the ring of kerry

In football kerry don't do kerry way anymore as in style wise simply they adapt to whatever style wins them games
    The sooner limerick adaptability to such style the better for them
    Kinnerk would be a wonderful addition to this team
    You sound like a passionate limerick fan and it's great to see but limerick needs evolution style play as doing what failed before makes no sense at all at all

Also you say Kinnerk is from football coaching set up
    Corbett from mtichrlstown and huge football background and as proven numerous football team he coached
    He's a skill coach also and can work in football or hurling
    Likes Kinnerk o Neill Corbett are excellent as one features makes them excellent is there not one trick ponies in coaching

Fact Kinnerk is football man also should be embraced not feared imo

Wallis' record as a coach does not read well at all. S&C was his role with cork, failure at kerry and Antrim. Let's see what he does with Midelton. Obviously this years minors didn't play as well as last years because last years team was far superior. Your argument does not hold up with respect to Wallis.

Corbett 1) brought Kerry to a all-Irl minor footb semi so they obviously lost munster 2)who are kerry Pats senior football? 3. worked with various Ulster teams, sounds like an academy or a role like Ger Downes does for Limerick. Obviously, winning an Ulster minor title is good and UL not do sure (they trained once a week as most players were with their counties).
    However I'm not saying he's not good but S&C with the senior team sounds premature to me. Give the kid done time for Christ sake. Let him devtlop his game with the 2q

We need the best, can u understand that.
    I said Corbett as s and c coach if o connor declines
    Corbett isn't learning he's trade limerick
    Are you having a laugh seriously
    He's worked kerry minor football team yes he has and all ireland semi final
    They rate him in kerry
    Worked monaghan minor football ulster title all ireland minor semi final

Got pats kerry senior football semi final good for them
    Worked ul Fitzgibbon cup winning team this year
    Worked down minor hurling and various camoige team ulster

He's not learning he's trade with limerick
    Limerick is another line team management under age he done

Point is as s and c coach he's excellent and limerick captain said this after the Munster final

Walls put huge work in limerick academy as did joe Quaid who should be involved limerick hurling imo at some level
    Minor would suit him he's better coach daly as daly just management not a coach
    Wallis with cork all ireland winners team
    Was with kerry county hurling team
    Various other clubs around the country
    Was with Antrim and left but Kevin Ryan excellent coaching also problems up Antrim as no support there
    Wallis brilliant with the minor coaching them and academic sides
    I would suggest you ask people who watched limerick last year to this year and I would guess they say difference between the two

Wallis anyone close limerick hurling knows excellent standard he brought

• Advertisement

How did Wallis fail at Antrim
    Cody would fail at Antrim in fairness as like excellent Kevin Ryan proved no coaching structure there etc
    How did Wallis fail kerry
    Explain this to me please
    You clearly with respect haven't got a notion what you talking about regards Wallis as no I'm not making this up but I actually watched Wallis with cork in the day training them many times and he's input was not just s and c but huge part drills with other seanie mcgrath also

Wallis record stands up limerick were flying under him
    Look at the academy yesterday poor day let's be honest
    Daly isn't a coach or never was in management only
    Wallis done coaching drills and many limerick posters here said that also

Forget about this kid nonense will you regarding Corbett
    He's proven young coach and age means no difference
    Michael Owen eighteen played world cup Martina hingis sixteen won Wimbledon
    There was sixteen year old China in athletics other day

Can list numerous times youth prevails
    Your view is like alan hansen view you don't win anything with kids
    Some time if your old enough your good enough
    You seem oblivious fact Corbett few years great coaching experience behind him
    He's worked with Ul Fitzgibbon cup team
    If o connor declines he should be offered it

As for Wallis he's doing excellent job in midelton but huge ask now in Conor lehane could be out twelve weeks as injured playing challenge matches v tallow and huge huge loss them now for the championship

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

TTM you clearly are deluded in his favour so 'with respect' I am not too disappointed that you don't agree.

The writing was clearly on the wall when he left Clare to 'travel', but still took on the role as the overseer of the Limerick underage football setup. I heard that last year there was an argument at training and Davy took the coaching off him because he wasn't happy. That was from a different source, and they only said the coach but I assume it was Kinnerk.

But I know from someone who actually knows him that he doesn't like him, the relationship broke down. It's hilarious that you can so vehemently defend Fitzgerald despite all the stories about people not liking him, which is believable not only from the vast number of them and stuff like O Halloran and O Connell walking from Clare this year, as well as Podge, Markham, Sean Collins and Cathal Mac, as well as Galvjn deciding to go to America, but also from his general demeanor.

Anyway, I think Kinnerk will go to Limerick. But I'm certain he won't go back to Clare.

TTM you clearly are deluded in his favour so 'with respect' I am not too disappointed that you don't agree.

The writing was clearly on the wall when he left Clare to 'travel', but still took on the role as the overseer of the Limerick underage football setup. I heard that last year there was an argument at training and Davy took the coaching off him because he wasn't happy. That was from a different source, and they only said the coach but I assume it was Kinnerk.

But I know from someone who actually knows him that he doesn't like him, the relationship broke down. It's hilarious that you can so vehemently defend Fitzgerald despite all the stories about people not liking him, which is believable not only from the vast number of them and stuff like O Halloran and O Connell walking from Clare this year, as well as Podge, Markham, Sean Collins and Cathal Mac, as well as Galvjn deciding to go to America, but also from his general demeanor.

Anyway, I think Kinnerk will go to Limerick. But I'm certain he won't go back to Clare.
    No its not your cherry picking and Fitzgerald no angel but the vendetta against him is unreal by most hurling fans

Galvin don't you want be post link or interview with bulger Ryan etc where said many times rate Fitzgerald etc

Have you not read galvin interview where he said left for break as only time all year and he huge time davy
    He came back also
    So player defends davy but you still ignore it
    Are you saying galvin lied
    I'll post the article you want

Numerous times clare gave statement saying backed him

One player had problems
    Nicky connell went back
    One voice singing in the rain means nothing
    Why did clare panel say want davy stay on yet if wanted him gone could said it and he was gone
    Players had huge power but wanted him to stay
    Your scource probably a waterford man is he another waterford man doesn't like Davy

Even few weeks ago mullane in examiner having point saying he and davy don't get on bringing up the past
    What was the point
    In fairness mullane he needs concentrate he's own coaching as he made with other complete mess of under twenty one this year

Kinnerk may go to limerick but won't have anything do with Davy
    I heard many times Kinnerk has coaching wise respect for davy

No your wrong again Kinnerk was always wanting go travelling after he got married
    I was school game Caoimh this year and any clare man talked to said travelling always on agenda
    You say I'm delusional with Davy no I'm not
    But clear day you refuse give credit davy anything does despite saving waterford hurling leading them to all ireland final ist fifty years etc
    Now you may not like that point but it's a fact in history in the last manager get waterford all ireland final is who
    And you to be fair now posted before you don't actually like davy so you are not inclined give him credit
    Fair enough your opinion but to say Kinnerk doesn't rate him have you anything proven this bar here say
    You even said you heard davy fall out coach yet you presumed it was davy
    You add two and two and get a hundred with Davy with respect
    You don't like him fair enough but he's won as a coach simple as

Davy Fitzgerald
    Until that changed waterford owe him huge respect for getting him to all ireland final imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Big game in the senior club championship today- the Well currently beating Kilmallock early in the 2nd half.

Limerick journalists saying it's a lively affair, could have been a few red cards.

Ahane beat Liberties last night to qualify for the quarter-final. Doon-Ballybrown this evening is another big game.

Pallasgreen and Dromin/Athlacca have both been relegated from Premier Intermediate with a game to go. After Pallasgreen won their first game, and only lost by a point to Knockainey in the 2nd, they must have thought they had a good chance of staying up but haven't won a game since; although a 1-point, 2-point and 3-point loss as well as a draw just shows how competitive it can be.

Very hard to know who'll come up in a semi-final though- Knockainey are the form team but Monaleen seem to be coming strong. But almost any of those teams could beat each other on their day.

In intermediate, we hammered Hospital/Herbertstown last night. Their fall from grace is kind of sad. Feohanagh/Castlemahon beat Glenroe too so it went to points difference in that group- Glenroe top it, K/P 2nd, F/C 3rd. Mungret won 5/5 in their group.

• Advertisement

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Big game in the senior club championship today- the Well currently beating Kilmallock early in the 2nd half.

Limerick journalists saying it's a lively affair, could have been a few red cards.

Ahane beat Liberties last night to qualify for the quarter-final. Doon-Ballybrown this evening is another big game.

Pallasgreen and Dromin/Athlacca have both been relegated from Premier Intermediate with a game to go. After Pallasgreen won their first game, and only lost by a point to Knockainey in the 2nd, they must have thought they had a good chance of staying up but haven't won a game since; although a 1-point, 2-point and 3-point loss as well as a draw just shows how competitive it can be.

Very hard to know who'll come up in a semi-final though- Knockainey are the form team but Monaleen seem to be coming strong. But almost any of those teams could beat each other on their day.

In intermediate, we hammered Hospital/Herbertstown last night. Their fall from grace is kind of sad. Feohanagh/Castlemahon beat Glenroe too so it went to points difference in that group- Glenroe top it, K/P 2nd, F/C 3rd. Mungret won 5/5 in their group.
    How did Brian Ryan play for liberties

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

How did Brian Ryan play for liberties

Don't know, I wasn't there.

The Well won in the end, great win for them. Was tit-for-tat in the 2nd half but they held on. Let's see how they do in a semi-final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

No point even signifying that nonsense with a proper post. You haven't a clue about Waterford hurling, or Davy, or Kinnerk quite clearly. I quite obviously don't want to name names, but why would I lie? Dyou think I'm that petty Id make something up about Fitzgerald? I've more than enough ammunition to defend my viewpoint that he's not a good manager without making things up, but from a friend of Kinnerks I heard that they ended on bad terms. He won't go back to Clare, there's a reason why.

No point even signifying that nonsense with a proper post. You haven't a clue about Waterford hurling, or Davy, or Kinnerk quite clearly. I quite obviously don't want to name names, but why would I lie? Dyou think I'm that petty Id make something up about Fitzgerald? I've more than enough ammunition to defend my viewpoint that he's not a good manager without making things up, but from a friend of Kinnerks I heard that they ended on bad terms. He won't go back to Clare, there's a reason why.
    You will actually find i would be more up to date in than yourself with respect you seem read a paper go with hype in i was absoultey one hundred percent right regards waterford hurling this year
    I said would beat cork loose tipp would beat Dublin loose kk
    Check my posts
    Now forget about December my predictions with cork as things changed in may
    I was bang on regards waterford and limerick this year
    I'll admit I expected more from clare but no doubt injury affected them etc and Kinnerk huge loss

All your evidence is circumstances be fair
    I heard numerous scources yeah just like you Kinnerk no problem davy
    So surely you expect me belive you you belive me
    See my point
    You came out recently said you expected limerick senior do well this year as defence was good
    How on earth did you actually come to say this when logic yes logic showed last year concession seven goals four games proved your assessment limerick defence was wrong with respect
    And proven again this year
    It came surprise you limerick failed this year when you seemed view Ryan doing okay last year yet suddenly you change wind
    Yet you critse management won numerous things in he's time

We will agree to disagree but look fact is who last manager lead waterford all ireland final and win munster even though I don't rate it was davy Fitzgerald
    When than changed if indeed it does then come back and tell me waterford better place with out davy
    As for now he's legacy waterford lives on

In response to why would you lie

I'll ask you why would colm galvin lie and other players when said no problem davy in articles and the radio
    So again you say players don't rate davy
    They said other wise bar one player
    Why would they lie
    If mother theresa defended davy you would still not accept it
    You clearly don't like man fair enough but don't let it cloud your judgement and take away from what he achieved clare and lit and waterford
    In fairness he won things
    Yes made huge mistake but he's won
    He deserves respect on he's record as he's done it highest level to be fair

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭lim4ev

As for Wallis he's doing excellent job in midelton but huge ask now in Conor lehane could be out twelve weeks as injured playing challenge matches v tallow and huge huge loss them now for the championship

Would it be a fair question to ask if Wallis is so good why isn't he involved with cork?

Ttm
    For your info doing drills us not coaching, Christ sake, this is the same crap I hear the whole time.
    I've seen Corbett and he does drills yes but is he a hurling coach? No
    He's a young fella learning his trade full stop do stop overhyping him.
    Is Kinnerk a coach? Yes. The question with Kinnerk is whether or not he can devise a game plan that works for Limk players.
    U were the one who brought up Kerry and Antrim as examples of Wallis" achievements as a coach and now u say they werent failures because the players weren't there.
    U say he's good with the kids academy maybe he is.

lim4ev wrote: »
    Would it be a fair question to ask if Wallis is so good why isn't he involved with cork?

Very fair questions but lot top coaches football hurling aren't there as faces don't fit

Just look at last few years and recent shambles in football
    Look at ccb school controversy appalling statement by board Cusack remarks shows nothing do skill in cork

Wallis not being involved means nothing
    Cunningjham couldn't get job cork should have
    Cork and limerick have something common board politics

As for other post well agree disagree but I seem Corbett train before and he's good skill coach side also
    He's done that with camoige team also and think was involved effin while also

If u want to see what the players' relationship with the Davy Fitz then look at the YouTube video of the Clare crossbar challenge. Fitz makes a balls of his shot and unlike all other poor attempts the players don't rib him, they stay silent.
    The players and clubs want change but they are afraid to take on the Fitzs because there would be obvious repercussions. Loughnane and Lohan had the balls to open up on the Clare fiasco
    You will actually find i would be more up to date in than yourself with respect you seem read a paper go with hype in i was absoultey one hundred percent right regards waterford hurling this year
    I said would beat cork loose tipp would beat Dublin loose kk
    Check my posts
    Now forget about December my predictions with cork as things changed in may
    I was bang on regards waterford and limerick this year
    I'll admit I expected more from clare but no doubt injury affected them etc and Kinnerk huge loss

All your evidence is circumstances be fair
    I heard numerous scources yeah just like you Kinnerk no problem davy
    So surely you expect me belive you you belive me
    See my point
    You came out recently said you expected limerick senior do well this year as defence was good
    How on earth did you actually come to say this when logic yes logic showed last year concession seven goals four games proved your assessment limerick defence was wrong with respect
    And proven again this year
    It came surprise you limerick failed this year when you seemed view Ryan doing okay last year yet suddenly you change wind
    Yet you critse management won numerous things in he's time

We will agree to disagree but look fact is who last manager lead waterford all ireland final and win munster even though I don't rate it was davy Fitzgerald
    When than changed if indeed it does then come back and tell me waterford better place with out davy
    As for now he's legacy waterford lives on

In response to why would you lie

I'll ask you why would colm galvin lie and other players when said no problem davy in articles and the radio
    So again you say players don't rate davy
    They said other wise bar one player
    Why would they lie
    If mother theresa defended davy you would still not accept it
    You clearly don't like man fair enough but don't let it cloud your judgement and take away from what he achieved clare and lit and waterford
    In fairness he won things
    Yes made huge mistake but he's won
    He deserves respect on he's record as he's done it highest level to be fair

I'm all for youth on the pitch but a mgt job in a senior county setup requires experience, ability and enthusiasm.
    U are not comparing apples with apples.
    The pressure levels in the county scene are enormous but most of us mere mortals would not be able for it
    How did Wallis fail at Antrim
    Cody would fail at Antrim in fairness as like excellent Kevin Ryan proved no coaching structure there etc
    How did Wallis fail kerry
    Explain this to me please
    You clearly with respect haven't got a notion what you talking about regards Wallis as no I'm not making this up but I actually watched Wallis with cork in the day training them many times and he's input was not just s and c but huge part drills with other seanie mcgrath also

Wallis record stands up limerick were flying under him
    Look at the academy yesterday poor day let's be honest
    Daly isn't a coach or never was in management only
    Wallis done coaching drills and many limerick posters here said that also

Forget about this kid nonense will you regarding Corbett
    He's proven young coach and age means no difference
    Michael Owen eighteen played world cup Martina hingis sixteen won Wimbledon
    There was sixteen year old China in athletics other day

Can list numerous times youth prevails
    Your view is like alan hansen view you don't win anything with kids
    Some time if your old enough your good enough
    You seem oblivious fact Corbett few years great coaching experience behind him
    He's worked with Ul Fitzgibbon cup team
    If o connor declines he should be offered it

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

I heard those results all right

Yeah disappointed all rights
    I wonder is the wheel coming off the academy with Wallis now gone
    Minors and now this right across the board underage isn't reflection too well on daly
    I said this from the start id reservation regards daly director coaching as he's record had no real record in coaching
    Wallis was cleary huge addition here to the whole set up
    Shame but look like all hard work Wallis could be undone in next few years

One guy is not going to make or break a whole academy structure, if it does then it's not a structure and Wallis was a failure as he failed to build a structure not dependent on him...players at 14 will get most coaching at club level so if there is a problem it is at the clubs really in getting the numbers in...couldn't lay this at dalys door, he's only been in there a matter of months, in fact the 15s and 16s had better results would indicate we catch up a bit when the players have had contact time in the academy.

• Advertisement

If u want to see what the players' relationship with the Davy Fitz then look at the YouTube video of the Clare crossbar challenge. Fitz makes a balls of his shot and unlike all other poor attempts the players don't rib him, they stay silent.
    The players and clubs want change but they are afraid to take on the Fitzs because there would be obvious repercussions. Loughnane and Lohan had the balls to open up on the Clare fiasco
    You add two plus two on a cross bar challenge

Seriously if this was court law it would said your assuming to presume
    Is that all you can say against davy
    If players club against davy could say it as fans against him some clare media and pundits so win win

Players are grown men that would if needs be stand up and walk but they have no problem he's coaching

Lohan was right review should take place and o connor give well balanced article before pro and cons davy which would be fair make you listen

Problem is so much anti davy he gets zero-rated by some and is treated like the condemns man

Yes he's faults no doubts but be fair deserves credit too

People blame everything clare loose on him yet all we hear is excuses with waterford clare lit saying others take credit for wins
    People can't have it both ways to be fair
    Some want there cake and eat it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Mehapoy wrote: »
    One guy is not going to make or break a whole academy structure, if it does then it's not a structure and Wallis was a failure as he failed to build a structure not dependent on him...players at 14 will get most coaching at club level so if there is a problem it is at the clubs really in getting the numbers in...couldn't lay this at dalys door, he's only been in there a matter of months, in fact the 15s and 16s had better results would indicate we catch up a bit when the players have had contact time in the academy.

According to the Galway minor manager after the defeat of Limerick there was nearly a 20 pt swing in Galway's favour from the time Wallace was involved to Dalys minor side. Personally I hate Daly's ultra defensive/sweeper style and time will tell if Daly, a self-confessed non-coach, can learn his trade and help Limerick going forward. Having a fulltime "director of hurling" type role gives Limerick a big advantage over the other counties and they should be aiming high.

Mehapoy wrote: »
    Agree in every line only strong as weakest link however leadership organisation of Wallis was second to none

Give you example
    Cork development squads years ago no real leadership and structure despite odd coach

This year etc john conside hurling john cleary football were on coaching committee both and over seeing lot good work

Small things made Wallis focused on those things and it helped
    Daly fair enough brought in christy o connor goal keeping coach work academic and padraig Harrington talk months ago all well and good and yes good see but daly hands on coaching never been great

I saw Wallis many taking Saturday morning starting early nine workings skill various teams before right upto one with the limerick academy

He would even go running with them around ul some time warm up then let other coaches work them then he would take over periods himself

People under estimate Wallis done but you ask any one involved last few years they speak hugely of him

There's top class men with limerick still likes Noel hsrtigan foley etc I'm not denying that
    Point is though Wallis was hugely in to innovation etc
    He frequently watched kk county final and even Saturday before cork played limerick last year he going up watch Dublin play kk minor championship as he always knew kk standard bearers etc

Daly good manager but coaching leading academy different imo
    Daly even said in he's column in paper weeks back when limerick went play kk challenge games he turned up wrong ptich

Fair enough these things can happen however I couldn't imagine that happens under Wallis
    It was attention detail with Wallis stood out

Nobody expected limerick win all games but yesterday was poor and to say doesn't matter is incorrect when limerick all ireland winners team under sixteen years ago is bulk minors few years and currently under twenty one team and waterford win all ireland minor won under sixteen too

Even tg four showing highlights tomorrow so under sixteen is getting huge profile and rightfully so as lot these lads play minor next year

Currently Galway minor team has host lads like Dublin minors that were under sixteen last year
    Under age is beginning have huge importance
    Tippeary started doing well in humphrey kelliher football tournament recently etc and no wonder in second final in four years
    Tipp minor hurling has success under sixteen recently

Also the excuse daly is just in door doesn't wash with me as daly huge expirence manager and Corbett kiely took over under twenty one no Base really huge success year one
    Structure was there for daly but it's not that hasn't made progress but like I feared clear signs showing limerick under age is falling back from standard Wallis had

Limerick again ccb own worst enemy
    Wallace would stayed with academy as felt he still load do
    Ccb course said no
    Unfortunately time is showing limerick again got it wrong at ccb level

According to the Galway minor manager after the defeat of Limerick there was nearly a 20 pt swing in Galway's favour from the time Wallace was involved to Dalys minor side. Personally I hate Daly's ultra defensive/sweeper style and time will tell if Daly, a self-confessed non-coach, can learn his trade and help Limerick going forward. Having a fulltime "director of hurling" type role gives Limerick a big advantage over the other counties and they should be aiming high.
    That's it in nutshell excellent point
    Lynskey said it all there

Lads Wallis lost this job through his arrogance to take on the Midelton Job when his well paid role role with Limk required no outside distractions or commitments.
    He's gone, good riddance to him.
    Surprised to hear Daly not working out. Is this based on results at the weekends or are trainings not going well.

Re Davy Fitz. It's Davys way or thd highway. Real Clare hurling folk are sick of the structures bring espoused by Fitz. Underage teams are almost carbon copies of the senior team, loads of tidy crisp hurlers and discouragement of the big strong ball winner types.

I get the feeling that some here never really played hurling but are experts from a distance and build a lot of their views on here say and wishful thinking.

From what i'm hearing Limk were missing 3-4 of our top u16s for the comp over the weekend though i can't confirm that.

Anyone reports from any of the county matches in the snr hurling championship?

Lads Wallis lost this job through his arrogance to take on the Midelton Job when his well paid role role with Limk required no outside distractions or commitments.
    He's gone, good riddance to him.
    Surprised to hear Daly not working out. Is this based on results at the weekends or are trainings not going well.

Re Davy Fitz. It's Davys way or thd highway. Real Clare hurling folk are sick of the structures bring espoused by Fitz. Underage teams are almost carbon copies of the senior team, loads of tidy crisp hurlers and discouragement of the big strong ball winner types.

I get the feeling that some here never really played hurling but are experts from a distance and build a lot of their views on here say and wishful thinking.
    Ah well it's coming out now you clearly don't rate Wallis and now it's clear
    With respect any one here this thread more regular posters huge time Wallis and work done with limerick and indeed players also
    If you know as much you claim you do you would know minors huge fans him
    There was no arrogance on he's part
    Job manager he's home club came up he took it but could still oversee academy

In fairness daly lot tv work but still allowed do both
    Wallis is far from arrogant anyone will tell you that

I don't see how daly record as coach is surprising when he's manager not coach and only coaching done with clare kilmhill and won c title etc
    He's not really done much coaching but is good solid manager
    There's a huge difference between coaching and managing

Thanks for that TTM

What does this win for the well mean?I thought at the start of the championship they could be dark horses but didn't think they could win it out not so sure now even though they've beaten Kilmallock I think Nap are a superior side to kilmallock even though obviously kilmallock beat nap last yr.

I think Adare will beat Ahane fairly comfortably and Doon v kilmallock to be a cracker with nothing between these two teams Doon in my opinion lost the match v kilmallock last yr due to naivety they didn't keep their composure in the last 5 min and blew it, are they stronger this yr?i don't know and maybe with the Kilmallock lads having no break in god knows how long maybe Doon might sneak this one.

Whats the story with the semi;s is it something similar to back door in that possible re matches to be avoided?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

lim4ev wrote: »
    Thanks for that TTM

What does this win for the well mean?I thought at the start of the championship they could be dark horses but didn't think they could win it out not so sure now even though they've beaten Kilmallock I think Nap are a superior side to kilmallock even though obviously kilmallock beat nap last yr.

I think Adare will beat Ahane fairly comfortably and Doon v kilmallock to be a cracker with nothing between these two teams Doon in my opinion lost the match v kilmallock last yr due to naivety they didn't keep their composure in the last 5 min and blew it, are they stronger this yr?i don't know and maybe with the Kilmallock lads having no break in god knows how long maybe Doon might sneak this one.

Whats the story with the semi;s is it something similar to back door in that possible re matches to be avoided?

The well are 1 match away from their first county final in god knows how long. Probably since the shock defeat to Bruree in the county final in 2006. Haven't won a county championship in 12 years and the confidence of these lads is fantastic this year. May meet the winners of ahane and Adare which they'll fancy themselves at winning and then a possible final against Na Piarsigh who are big city rivals of theirs.

The key to this team is their half back line of Carmody, Byrnes and Seanie O’Brien. They're having a superb championship and the link up play between Seanie and Cian Lynch at midfield is great to watch. Kevin O'Brien is still banging in the goals in the full forward line and his brother Thomas, Kelliher and Considine are also in great form.

I've heard that the training the lads are being put through by Carey and Foley is very good and the players are enjoying it. Exciting times for the Well and here's hoping we win the county!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement